SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Glock 19 Sights for Self Defense?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Glock 19 Sights for Self Defense? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
"Other" Trijicon HDs.

Like you, I don't like 3 dot sights either. However, the HDs are just black on the rear so the dots don't come into play in the daylight. I then take a Sharpie to the rears (on all nights sights and non-tritium 3 dot sights) so they glow very dim at night. Eye is drawn to the FS for fast night shooting, the rears are their if you need them.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted Ameriglo Hackathorns. The Ameriglo UC's are good as well. I am in the process of dumping all of my Trijicon HDs for the Ameriglo's with the blacked out rear. Much easier to pick up and the dots are distracting even when shooting at night. I want a dot on the front sight so I can acquire quickly in the dark in the event that both my XC1 and hand held light are down. Call me paranoid...

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo Pro I Dots.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
I voted Ameriglo Hackathorns. The Ameriglo UC's are good as well. I am in the process of dumping all of my Trijicon HDs for the Ameriglo's with the blacked out rear. Much easier to pick up and the dots are distracting even when shooting at night. I want a dot on the front sight so I can acquire quickly in the dark in the event that both my XC1 and hand held light are down. Call me paranoid...

When you dump them, if you're looking for someone to take them off your hands, I'm interested.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I just installed Vickers U notch blacked out rear and green fiber optic front, Wilson's has them.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
3 dots are great for, wait for it, ACTUAL NIGHT TIME shooting. I'm much more accurate and fast on target with 3 dots in pitch black conditions than a front only night sight, a big dot, or Straight 8's. Maybe I'm weird.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo Hackathorn. I've use them on my Glock 19 as well as a couple of other carry guns that have been retired. No complaints. Gives a solid sight picture and I like the square notch vs us notch.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
In a self defense situation you won't use sights. It's point and shoot. No time for aiming. The Glock factory sights are more than good enough. Don't throw your money away. Just practice point and shoot. And remember the old phrase, when the situation is critical there's no time for maintenance or aiming.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
In a self defense situation you won't use sights. It's point and shoot. No time for aiming. The Glock factory sights are more than good enough. Don't throw your money away. Just practice point and shoot. And remember the old phrase, when the situation is critical there's no time for maintenance or aiming.

Really?

I didn't find that to be the case.

I think you'll perform the same way you train. Spray and pray isn't necessarily the best choice.

What happens when your engagement occurs beyond a few yards?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:

I have done a LOT of point shooting. I also have high quality Trijicon HDs on my 2 carry guns. It isn't either/or.

For the sights-only crowd, I can PS fast and accurate from 0-7yds no problem which covers 95% of self defense distances.

For the PS only crowd, sights sure are nice if you have the distance to get your gun up.

Being able to use them is a function of how well you are trained, how well you are trained under stress, and if you have the distance to get your gun fully extended and the lighting conditions to see them.

Practice both and get some FoF training.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post