SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P239...still one of my go-to pistols
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P239...still one of my go-to pistols Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:

Where the P239 wins IMHO is in availability of magazines and a wider selection of holsters. Mags are available almost anywhere and it can run a 10rd mag where the P225A1 cannot.

And the 239 is a three caliber gun, if you get the 40/.357Sig version. Buy the other barrel along with an OEM 9mm barrel.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt saa- what is this 8 round contact magazine you mentioned? Is it simply a 7 round with a Plus One or something else?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Colt saa- what is this 8 round contact magazine you mentioned? Is it simply a 7 round with a Plus One or something else?

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...tended-capacity.html

Gone and never coming back.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know about those. All my 239 mags have them. I thought he was talking about something else.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking I'd post something similar to what the OP just did! My 239 9mm is the gun I carry the most of any I own, and like the OP, I have a wide choice. I've had mine since '96, and it has never malfunctioned that I can recall. Like somebody said, it ain't considered really small any more, but for a small(er) pistol, it sure does shoot good.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
The 8 round magazines were originally made for a specific Agency contract.

Yes they have what folks are calling the +1 base plate but more specifically they had witness holes for 8 rounds and were phosphor coated instead of blued for superior corrosion resistance.

In addition to the three that came with my P239, I acquired about half a dozen extra. I never use the 7 round magazines any longer. I like the little extra space for my pinky

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P239 in .357 Sig is my carry weapon.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Colt

posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see there's still some love for this fine pistol. It really is easy to shoot well. For me, a set of the Hogue rubber wrap-arounds really make if perfect. It has worn a set of those and been carried in a High Noon Holsters Mr. Softy since I got it.

I've also got a Gen 1 SAS DAK version which is equally great. It's my only DAK pistol and I find it easy too shoot as well. As much as I liked the appearance of its factory wood grips I had to put Hogues on it for functionality.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: photoman12001,

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I have some love for mine.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I like my P239 for its versatility. When I bought it, mine was in .357 Sig caliber, which (unfortunately) wasn't a caliber approved by the agency that employed me. I found a new/used .40 S&W barrel, picked up a few magazines and now I had a two caliber conversion option. Within the last year, I bought a 9mm barrel and recoil spring. I've fired about 250 rounds through the pistol in that caliber and found that its the most accurate of the three!!! No malfunctions (using either the .357 Sig or .40 S&W magazines) and an extra round to boot. What's not to like?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
The SRT is a nice touch also. I passed on the first p239 I held-the second filthy but cleaned up like new. Circa 1997

Posts: 3509 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
My EDC is a .40 w/ hogue grips. I don't shoot it enough but when I do, it instills confidence. It shoots like a full size and while most are embracing double stack mags, I've gone the other way.

Posts: 7351 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Love my P239 Gen 1 SAS in DAK. Bought it here on the forum. It's one of my all time favorites. Metal. Hammer fired. Wood grips. What a firearm should be :-)

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will someone please point me to a good online resource for this gun? I'm looking for models, dates, countries of manufacture, options, etc.

====================
Sigs:
P220 .45ACP
P228 9mm
P320 9mm

Posts: 99 | Location: Reno | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
So if you have phosphated magazine body with eight holes marked 357 Sig but it has standard baseplate I bet you have a magazine made from leftover parts.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3509 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post