SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range Bag Suggestions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Bag Suggestions Login/Join 
Picture of frogger
posted
I'm looking for a range bag suggestion. I need something fairly compact that has a water bottle holder on it. The main purpose will be for IDPA matches so I don't want a huge bag, but it seems like all the bags I've looked at that have a water bottle holder are really big. Any suggestions for a medium or small sized range bag that has that feature? Right now, I clip a nalgene bottle to the strap with a d-ring, but it hate how it flops around as a go from stage to stage and falls over in the dirt when I lay the bag down.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Check out the Maxpedition Fatboy G.T.G. or Jumbo Versipack shoulder bag designs, depending upon which one is small enough for you. Both have bottle holders sewn to the main body of the bag. Tough, stout material and build quality. I use the much larger Mongo as my 'sometimes' range bag when I'm not using a GSG backpack for range duty.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
How small do you want to go?

LA Police Gear has several bags that might meet your needs, and won't break the bank.

Very small? Bail Out Bag

Small to medium? (And what used until I had to haul some extra stuff for instructing at work). Jumbo Bail Out Bag.

Larger, and maybe bigger than you want? Patrol Bag (what I'm using now)

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I use a Eberlestock Range Bag because it has MOLLE webbing on the outside. Hard plastic bottom so you can set it on a wet table without your gear getting soaked. This is a medium size bag for me.

If you want something smaller the LA Police gear Bail out Bag works really well. http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
How small do you want to go?

I currently use an iShot Bristow. The size is perfect for the amount of stuff I carry to an IDPA match or a handgun only range trip. If it had a way to easily attach a water bottle without it just flopping around, it would be perfect. Unfortunately, iShot quit selling bags to the public, but here is a YT of it for size comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk9J0bgeRKE

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
While not as fancy as the iShot gear I think the JumboBail Out Bag would be close in size, maybe just a bit bigger, and has the pockets for the water bottles. The iShot stuff was nice, and the LAPG stuff is functional but definitely a budget conscious option.

The only other recommendation I can make is when you get a new back get a lighter color. I got that Patrol Bag in Coyote Tan so that it's much easier to find the dark colored gear in a light colored bag.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out the GPS range bags you can find them on LA Police Gear web site or their own web site. They have a variety of sizes and types.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
While not a "range bag" specifically, the bucket boss has a number of internal pockets allowing me to organize fairly well. Pretty sure it's big enough to fit a water bottle. A few sizes to choose from.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...JDCW1ICgL&ref=plSrch

Longboy:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...553578_t3_B00002243C

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strider41:
Check out the GPS range bags you can find them on LA Police Gear web site or their own web site. They have a variety of sizes and types.
I don't recall ever seeing any G-Outdoors GPS gear with built in water bottle pocket, although one could probably added as most of their gear has MOLLE.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Another option would be to find a bag you like with MOLLE webbing on it, and pickup a nalgene carrier to mount to the bag.

Most of the time bottle pockets either don't fit the bigger bottles, or aren't secure, or won't let the bottle stow when the bag is full, or they use elastic that will give out, etc etc.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
check this out:
http://www.dbest-products.com/product-p/01-017mb.htm

it has a lot of advantages.

I wonder how it would do as a range bag

or this
http://www.dbest-products.com/category-s/1874.htm

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
I use the MidwayUSA Competition Range Bags. Not priced badly and works well for my needs...also has a water bottle holder.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a soft side tool tray from Home Depot. It has a shoulder strap also.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky...e-82042N12/203418586

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one of the Black Sig range bags when they were on sale . I think it is a perfect size .

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use one of the Midway bags and have been very happy with it

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vincent317:
I use the MidwayUSA Competition Range Bags. Not priced badly and works well for my needs...also has a water bottle holder.

My suggestion as well. Very affordable yet excellent quality and lots of room. I usually take 4-5 pistols to the range, and this bag will hold that easily along with dedicated extra clip slots and plenty of room for ammo, eye and ear protection, etc.

Posts: 31 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the basspro/outdoor world boat bags, they're waterproof, very strong and come in a variety of sizes, no water bottle holder though. They're also cheap and last a long time. $27-40.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pr...gs/product/10205325/

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Crazy as it may sound, I use Craftsman tool bags. Depending on how many weapons I bring.

More discrete IMO.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Last 8 or so years I have been using the 5.11 Range Bag = great bag, holds A Lot of stuff.

Prior to this I had a Waller & Sons range bag, I do believe that they no longer make the bag. It was a great bag that lasted me for 15 years of constant use.

My wife used a Dillon range bag for a long time till it finally died. She purchased some hot pink and cammo bag for herself a couple of years ago...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I use the basspro/outdoor world boat bags, they're waterproof, very strong and come in a variety of sizes, no water bottle holder though. They're also cheap and last a long time. $27-40.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pr...gs/product/10205325/
Nice. I wish I had seen that before buying that LAPG Patrol Bag. While the pockets and internal dividers are nice on the bag I have, the extra water resistance, and rubber bottom would great.