SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P320 AXG Custom Works Scorpion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P320 AXG Custom Works Scorpion Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
Hopefully, this is first, but SIG just posted a new video on this gun and added it to it's website:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-axg-scorpion.html

I would really love to know what the frame costs on the regular black or the silver frame we've seen pictures of. They don't discuss pricing in this video, but the only pre-order I've seen is at Tombstone Tactical for $999.99. If so, that's a hell of a deal and blows the Wilson Combat and ZEV models out of the water for almost $300 less.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Hopefully, this is first,

Not quite.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1290046374/p/1

I'm not sure that it will "blow other models out of the water," but it will likely sell. Right now anything will sell, because nothing remains on the shelves. When all of this calms down, the pistols with higher price points don't move as fast; I've seen legions and anything close to a thousand or higher stay on the shelves much longer, move more slowly, while the less expensive (and the inexpensive) move more quickly.

There will be those who buy them, but they won't move as fast as things closer to the five hundred dollar level. There's a reason that high points and charter arms and less expensive firearms move, and has nothing to do with quality or function. Everything to do with price.

The P320 shoots very well, regardless of which model, or grip module. Adding a metal frame may offer a little less frame flex and will have a certain appeal, but metal frames are already available after market, and haven't been hugely popular due to price.

I may pick one of these up, but given that the cost is more than a Legion P320, it would be hard to justify; if I get one, it will be for substantially less, and gently used.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like it has a full size grip - am I correct?

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cladd:
It looks like it has a full size grip - am I correct?

It's a Carry model, which is a Compact slide and Full grip, 17rd magazines.

The grip module would fit on a Full length slide and have a short dust cover, like the M17.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish they would have showed a quick takedown and removal of the FCU just to show it off.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Similar to the Glock 19x with it's compact slide and full size grip. I just purchased a 19x and really like it!

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does anyone else think this may be the beginning of phasing out the other metal frame models and concentrating on the 320 platform? Maybe the 226 and 229 are soon to be discontinued?

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe the 226 and 229 are soon to be discontinued?

Not likely.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No black? Make one and call it the Black Mamba. Just cannot stand the vomit color.

Q

Posts: 26152 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Watch the video. The Scorpion is a limited run and the frame will be available in black later.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So can anyone tell if the slide stop on this Scorpion is going to be the same unnecessarily large slide stop as is on the P320 X Compact?

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
New video:

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"[Recoil] is sharper, but you're back on target quicker."

So if aluminum rather than polymer, then why not steel?

It'll be cool to see what the custom works department comes up with if they do (as the guy interviewed suggested) bring back some models of the Classic line as specials.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As another poster said we need a black one. Even though as my wife says all my guns look the same except the CZ TSO where she says why Orange?

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen a weight of just the AXG grip? The complete TXG grip with metal insert and funnel is just over a pound. I have one cut down to compact size that I’m very pleased with. These are carry sized if I read correctly, hopefully a compact will be offered, eventually.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish SIG wuld have someone other than Phil Strader do these new pistol introductions....After walking up to him at the World Steel Challenge Championship last year where he was sitting around with two other PM’s/Engineers from SIG and introducing myself so I could meet him and he shunned me not once but twice, and would not even shake my hand I have a real hard time wanting to watch any new product intro videos he is in....

The other two guys from SIG that were there were as nice as they could be to me and even offered to let me shoot one of the P365’s they had set up at this match introducing the pistol to shooters. I did and ended up buying two P365’s because of the time these two guys took with me that day on the range. Two different times when I tried to ask Phil Strader a question about the P365 he was shooting at this match and he just looked at me one time and walked off the second time....One would think a Senior Product Manager for SIG would welcome the common guy that has a house full of his companies products....I took a shower that morning so I did not have BO....Guess because I did not have a “shooters shirt” on reflecting that I was shooting in the match - I was not worthy of his time....

Posts: 3235 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The video indicates this pistol has the "skeletonized X-Five Legion Trigger". Does this mean JUST the trigger or all of the same trigger components from the X-Five Legion FCU?

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's going to be the same unit in the stand-alone P320. I can't remember if it's the Legion FCU or not, and I can't look up the original video right now.

posted Hide Post
Weight of the alloy frame takes away the lightweight advantage of the P320 over a P226/P229. Still, I want one!

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Yeah... I love it but I will wait for black

and hopefully it wont be cerakote as well.

highlights

milspec rail
red dot compatiple with trijicon
case is nice
newer mags with high vis follower and witness holes in the back like glock!!

Posts: 7790 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post