SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Metal mainspring seat -- any interest or dumb idea?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metal mainspring seat -- any interest or dumb idea? Login/Join 
posted
Hey gang, long time no post.

Anyway, I was taking apart my P229 for a detailed cleaning the other day and noticed that the only part (aside from the grips) that was plastic was the mainspring seat. It just rubbed me wrong that I had a plastic part in my fine pistol.

Anyway, I've got the means to machine aluminum or steel mainspring seats for the P Series pistols, E2 or not. I'm just trying to get a feeler for if this is something anyone would be willing to pay for (I am not even sure on asking price), or if I'd be wasting my time. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think Flork did this years ago, been awhile tho.

Of course there is the original all metal seat, but it's much different than the current setup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
After Scott went to Apex Tactical they sold them for a while but they've been discontinued for some time https://www.apextactical.com/b...proper-fit-function/

I don't know what the price was but I got the impression it wasn't a high volume part.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think if you shop around, you may find that someone is already manufacturing these. Not sure if they have the part for your exact needs though.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
They are being sold on ebay now.
Ive had several of the florks run which were nice but pricy.
The ebay seller has these handled in three diff anodozed finishes and priced very affordable.
He is also making the shorter E2 grip version.
Myself Sigfreiud and several others had good luck with no issues.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Necessary? Probably not.
Ready for the pock o’lips when the polymer-eating bacteria destroy the world? Absolutely. Wink

The ones Flork sold increased the mainspring compression very slightly, but I don’t know that I ever checked the others.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Matrix Precision makes and sells alum. main spring seats as well as other sig parts.

https://www.matrixprecisionparts.com/sigparts

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Isn't the hammer block also plastic?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The hammer stop is plastic, and I don’t believe I’d want it to be metal.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Isn't the hammer block also plastic?

Yes.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
They just never were a hot seller. Not enough to recoup the machine time versus what the market would bear.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The hammer stop is plastic, and I don’t believe I’d want it to be metal.

Oh, come on. How can we have "To Hell and Back Reliability" when the plastic bits keep melting in the seventh circle. Roll Eyes

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
haha sounds like I'm a little late to the party. Thanks for the insight, guys, always appreciated!

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post