SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ fans 75 Compact deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ fans 75 Compact deal Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
For those CZ fans out there that may be interested in a CZ 75 Compact at a great price, came across this awesome deal. I have a full size matte stainless that is a great shooter and couldn't pass up the opportunity for one of these at that price ($449).

https://www.iammo.com/cz-75-9m...k-compact-91190.html

My first time buying from these folks but spoke to them on the phone and communicated via email and they were very friendly and responsive. Placed my order yesterday and it is already on it's way to my FFL for transfer today arriving Friday!

Merry Christmas to me and hopefully for some of you too! Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I say this with the utmost respect.........jerk.

Keep this stuff to yourself. There are those of us with lack of impulse control. Wink

What was shipping again? Asking for a friend. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I guess then I should also share that there are a few sellers currently offering the 14 round Compact Mec-Gar mags for less than $17. Just do a search. And for those that prefer the rubber more contoured base plates on their mags, the base pads are also readily available right now too.

Big Grin

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Frown

Stay away from AA meetings.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
2 day UPS shipping was only $11 or so for me.

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
Shipping runs $10-20, depending on location. I've bought a couple from them. Good to deal with and fast shipping as was mentioned.

Good deal on a nice piece, unfortunately I already own one.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Whew. Glad it’s not a D model

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
They HAD the PCR and P-01 decocker models on sale too for $499 and $478 respectively but they are currently sold out. That is the thing about CZ availability and pricing though. You have to be ready to buy when they become available and come up at good prices because many of their pistol models tend to sell out quickly from one batch to another as CZ has become more and more widely recognized as a top quality firearms maker, especially with their more recent product offerings getting them more attention. Personally, I think the saftey model gives the most flexibility on the compact because you can carry it hammer down or cocked and locked. The safety on the CZs is not easy to accidentally disengage while in a holster given it's size and shape but easy to do deliberately if you choose to carry it cocked and locked, is impossible to accidentally engage with the hammer down, and I like the fact the 75 Compact has the steel frame as opposed to the aluminum of the other two models although they are all great pistols.

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and link. Wish I had seen the PCR at that price.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
OK...so how many CZs did I sell today?

I don't think their inventory is showing accurately because I know at least a couple of you ordered. Wink

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
Tempting. If it was a PCR, I might have given in.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No I fought temptation and won this round. I have too many guns as is.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Cz's are my crack. Somehow I resisted this time but next time I may not be as strong.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Mine hasn't arrived yet since evidently UPS had a hold up of some kind in transit so it is not going to arrive until Monday. At least I already verified that my FFL will be open Monday so I can still pick it up in time for Christmas and some range time with it next week. Cool

-Dtech

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I have never handled a CZ, but certainly hear good things. Can you explain the action? That does not appear to be a very functional safety or decocker. It strikes me as the worst of both worlds- am I missing something?

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That particular model is only a safety and not a decocker. Decocking a safety CZ75 requires pulling the trigger while blocking the hammer with your thumb, releasing the trigger.

The safety actually is well designed.
It will not activate in DA mode and feels good cocked and locked.

All that said I much prefer the decocker models.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I have never handled a CZ, but certainly hear good things. Can you explain the action? That does not appear to be a very functional safety or decocker. It strikes me as the worst of both worlds- am I missing something?

Yes,you are missing something until.you've had a chance to handle and shoot one of these little gems. They come in the variant you see here in da/sa with a safety of in a da/sa with decocker.
They can have very good to excellent triggers with a slight amount of polishing and are arguably the most ergonomic pistol ever created by man. My example of the P01 (allow frame with decocker only) with slim g10 scales is slightly smaller in every dimension than a Glock 19 even with the new Mecgar 15 round afc mags.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
That particular model is only a safety and not a decocker. Decocking a safety CZ75 requires pulling the trigger while blocking the hammer with your thumb, releasing the trigger.

The safety actually is well designed.
It will not activate in DA mode and feels good cocked and locked.

All that said I much prefer the decocker models.

I clicked on the link and the description says that it is DA/SA and can be carried cocked and locked with the safety. From the photo, the safety doesn't seem quite prominent enough to use for that purpose, and I don't like a safety on a DA/SA gun. That is the basis of my comments. I was wondering if the safety is easier to operate than appears from the photo.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The safety is very easy to flick off with the thumb carried cocked and locked and ideally placed at least for me. The safety takes a little more effort to engage than to disengage it which is a good thing to help avoid accidentally activating it while shooting, depending on how you prefer to grip your pistols. It is a good size safety, definitely larger than say the safety on a Beretta or even a standard 1911. As I mentioned earlier, if the hammer is down, it is mechanically impossible to push the safety up to engage it on purpose or by accident. The trigger on my full size 75 has the tiniest bit of creep before the break, but the break is crisp/excellent as it is on all the 75, P-01, SP-01 models I have handled. I have not had the opportunity to handle a Shadow variant, but they are supposedly one of the best triggers on a production handgun. Considering how the other models feel, it is not too hard to believe.

-Dtech

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
On my way to a last minute egg nog run, I was able to stop by and pick up my stocking stuffer. Smile

Here's a quick pic for those still considering one. Feels wonderful in the hand! Everything was great with it on delivery and to my surprise, actually came with two 15 round CZ magazines as described (I thought it meant 14+1 and was a typo) marked .40 on one side and 9mm on the other with an actual 15 round 9mm capacity, anti-friction coating, thick plastic base pads, and blue followers. Never even knew these 15 round mags existed as the 14 rounders with the thinner flat metal base plates were what I thought it was coming with. Has the luminescent sights as well that respond to light sources. Great trigger too, very similar to my full size, maybe even ever so slightly better.

Gotta go and enjoy the food, festivities, and Santa duties now but looking forward to shooting this one in the coming days and can highly recommend it to anyone that is interested in one!

-Dtech