SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Comment: Suspenders for my SIG 226 MK25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comment: Suspenders for my SIG 226 MK25 Login/Join 
posted
I finally took someone's advice and bought a pair of Duluth Traders, Perry suspenders. I normally carry a Ruger LCR .22 Magnum on my left side and a full-size 9 mm pistol on my right side. While I have a good gun belt (Dahltech) and custom-made holsters (MTR Leather, NC) the weight of my SIG 226 MK25 tested my comfort level. I am only about 5.7 inches tall and hundred and 35 pounds with not much muscular frame. I tried to suspenders and I found them the be amazing in providing comfort around my waist. I still am carrying the weight but now some of its distributed on my shoulders.

Ever since I was forced to wear suspenders as a kid with bow ties and wingtip shoes I have never liked them but now they serve a quite useful function.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I had the same epiphany. I don't wear them all the time but it sure takes a load off. I bought the PERRY SUSPENDERS that use a polymer clip attachment to the belt. No more belt cinching to the last hole.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What a clever idea. This may be of help to me in the future.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perry suspenders every day. Does a great job of holding up my artillery. Visit their website and check out their shoulder rig that combines their suspenders and a SERPA holster!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post