SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shocked at recoil spring uncoiling (P229 Legion)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shocked at recoil spring uncoiling (P229 Legion) Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted

Good think I stopped to add grease to my frame rails before going to an IDPA match tonight!

Not sure if the picture does it justice, but the middle of the spring was twisted up good, as I slid the slide off the frame. It ended up looking like a large diameter coil or two. Little bits of colored paint were all over the interior of the pistol frame.

I'm thinking I need a 357 Sig P229 spring replacement!

I ended up shooting a 1911. FLGR. No issues.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
That's 3 or 4 of those that have popped up recently on a couple forums.
The new spring is a single strand. The braided one is discontinued.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Sig is sending three replacement springs.

-------

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
So if 9mm springs are white, and 40/357 springs are blue, what spring color is this defective one? Is it possible that the wrong spring was installed prior to my purchase?

-------