SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Suppressor sights G19 Gen5 MOS. Which ones?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppressor sights G19 Gen5 MOS. Which ones? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Wanting to know every bodies opinion on the best sights for MOS Glocks. Don’t need perfect cowitness, just visible as back up. Prefer orange/tritium. Fears are ok black/tritium, or no tritium.

Sight picture pics would be cool.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I went with Trijicons on mine. I know Ameriglo’s and Tru Glos also work.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Tagging to see what everyone else is running. Bought a set of the ameriglo's that were suppose to be suppressor height (tallest 1's they offer). And still not tall enough on a regular can... barely makes it over a SiCo Osprey !

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just purchased a G45 MOS as a range pistol and have no plans to install sights at this time.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dawson Precision is my suggestion. They're affordable, very well made, and come with installation tools and instructions. There are also a variety of Ameriglos that are taller than normal (XL-5XL)

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Trijicon.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a G17 gen 5 MOS and a Trijicon RMR type 2, I chose the Ameriglo GL-611 (.315 front) this set yields a lower 1/4 cowitness. My sights barely visible at the bottom of the RMR and I have a very nice clean window with room to spare, I don't like sight pictures that are very busy (absolute cowitness). With time and training you can develop a draw and point shoot when in close quarters situations in my opinion.

http://www.battlewerx.com/amer...4-black-rear-gl-611/

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ameriglo on mine and like them. I forgot to take my dot out of auto brightness during a low light class and so I got to try the sights out, they are definitely usable.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting this post to gather more information.

I know I do NOT want to co-witness my iron sights with the RMR. But I am wondering about type of sight to get....some sort of night site (my other Glocks have those AmeriGlo Pro IDOTs) or just plain black. They are backups after all.

Everything I've read says tritium or fiber optics don't really draw attention away from the RMR dot but I'm wondering if the view through the RMR's window wouldn't get busy with the variety of dots?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I know I do NOT want to co-witness my iron sights with the RMR.

I think I understand what you mean, but all iron sights must necessarily cowitness with your red dot, otherwise they wouldn't be usable at all without totally unbolting your optic! However, it can just be a very low cowitness, rather than an absolute cowitness (which means the irons cowitness in the very center of your optic window). If your iron sights don't cowitness at all, then they're below the body of the sight, and not visible at all through the optic window, rendering them useless.

What you probably mean is "I don't want iron sights blocking the entire bottom half of my optic window", which is reasonable. Just install sights that will result in a very low cowitness (lower 1/6th or 1/8th or so) in the optic window. This means they are down and out of the way while using your dot, looking at the target with the dot over top of the low iron sights, but you just have to bring the gun up just a bit to bring the iron sights into your line of sight and use them if something goes wrong with your dot.

Something similar to this, an example of a low cowitness:

I have a set of Ameriglo GL-812s on my G45 MOS (same slide as the G19 MOS) with a Trijicon SRO optic. It has a tritium dot on the front sight but no outline, and a plain black rear. This style of sight work well as backup sights, while still retaining low light capability with the little bit of tritium. You don't notice the dot on the front sight at all. Especially since - when using a red dot optic - your focus should be on the target, not on the plane with the sights/optic!

However, I believe this particular model is the tallest that Ameriglo offers (5XL), which is needed with the taller SRO sight on the factory MRO plate. Depending on your exact optic and mounting system/plate, you may be able to get away with a slightly shorter model of sights, to help keep the irons as low as possible within your optic window.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I generally use Ameriglos, however the lack of a rear set screw and either the inherent lubricity of the DLC finish or tolerance issues in sights and dovetails does seem to result in an above average occurrence of rear sight drift.

Otherwise, I like 10-8 Performance, Dawson, Continuous Precision, or the C&H Lowitness sights. They're all fine for what they are.

I do not see the point of tritium backup sights on a gun with an optic. The only cogent argument anybody can make is that "there isn't really a downside", but it's hard for me to rationalize spending extra money on a set of sights that are most likely to help when there is not enough light to identify a target AND they wear out over time AND they are a backup to an electronic sight. We're a lot of layers into tactical fantasy band camp at that point.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
but it's hard for me to rationalize spending extra money

The cost difference is ~$20 for trititum vs. black Ameriglo front sights.

I don't see it as strictly necessary on true backup sights, but $20 is cheap enough to just pay and roll on without overthinking it.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo 3-dot subdued Tritium night sights GL-815 (3XL)

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo for me. Serrated rear with a plain black front blade. No dots, tritium vials; my attitude is that I want as little as possible competing with the illuminated dot for my eyes' attention.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo all black. Serrated front and smooth rear. Barely over the top of the base of my SRO. Reminds me of the sights on a S&W 442/642. Works very well for me. I have them on my duty Glock 17 Gen5MOS.

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I put a set of Dawsons on my G19 with a milled slide by C&H and Holosun 508t. They are the set designed for a Glock MOS with RMR. I prefer just the green fiber optic front and black rear. Plus, Dawson has a guarantee to get you the correct front sight if needed.

https://dawsonprecision.com/da...ilar-red-dot-scopes/

You may need to call and order if you want a black rear and tritium front.

I still need to check the irons on paper compared to the dot as they are not quite co-witnessed but very close. Also, I’ve not noticed the front interfering with the view.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only cogent argument anybody can make is that "there isn't really a downside"

I use Trijicon HD's on my MOS guns. Very workable. You want tritium sights if these are on a gun you would use at night or in low or variable light. The whole point of backups is backups you can use. The issue isn't so much that the optic goes down a lot, but there are a whole lot of situations in low light where the dot is not optimal or usable. Especially if you are running any kind of sight that auto adjusts or you just have it set poorly for the conditions. In some of the low/no light shooting I have done its easy to get into places where the backups really help when you have mixed lighting conditions and the dot is problematic in some way and then you have the tritium to help you in targeting.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post