SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Caliber X-change kit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caliber X-change kit? Login/Join 
posted
Have you guys bought/installed an X-change kit, what are your thoughts?

Posts: 13 | Location: Texas! | Registered: February 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Do you have any particular kit(s) in mind?

I have a kit to permit shooting 357 SIG or 40 S&W ammunition for training with a P320 full size that left the factory as a 9mm pistol. It works fine with either alternative cartridge, and I use it regularly. The grip module and fire control unit of the 9mm are exactly the same as those of guns originally chambered for 357 or 40.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I have never purchased a Caliber X-Change Kit, but I see NO need for the kit (P320 version anyway) to include a Grip Module and a Magazine, as those parts/accessories are 'typically' readily available anyway.

I purchased a P320 RXP Compact a while back, and immediately changed out the Grip Module for an X-Carry version. I've since acquired a half dozen complete Upper (Receiver?) Assemblies for the P320, and there's NO way I'd need an add'l half dozen Grip Modules!

IMO, they should just sell the complete Upper Receiver Assemblies instead of the kit, which would be less SKU's to manage on their end due to all the 'kit' variants that exist the way they currently market them. Seriously, it's a 'Modular Pistol' by design....As in, Go-Go-Gadget Pistol! Razz

Now, what I could REALLY use is a couple more FCU's! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I've got a p226 .40 that has a 9mm XChange Kit semi permanently installed on it. That gun is 9mm 80% of the time. The majority of the remainder it has a .357 barrel in the .40 slide. Runs flawlessly in all three calibers.

I've got a 9mm XChange kit for a p320. It also runs as well as the original slide. Not really surprising as the gun was designed for swapping slides.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've done three on P320 pistols and had no issues with reliability or accuracy. Difficult to answer specifically without knowing which platform/caliber you're asking about.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I have a couple. I have the .22lr for my P229 and it is ok. Really picky on ammo. However, I have the 9mm kit on my P226 and it has been flawless. I wouldn't have any qualms about recommending getting one.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.22lr kits for P229’s are going for $650 to over $700 online. Amazing!

I’d love to have one for my non rail P229 but not at anywhere near today’s prices.
I’m guessing Sig would want another pallet load of them to release a few at a time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TN Mark,

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 9mm xchange kit on my P226 40 frame and have shot probably 5000 rounds with not one hiccup! Wish I bought one for my P229 when they were cheap.

Posts: 119 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 4; a P226 XFive X-Change Kit, a P226 XFive Skeleton X-Change Kit, a P226 XSix X-Change Kit, and a P226 XSix X-Change Kit in .22 LR. Lets me mix and match my X-series frames and get over 25 different combinations.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 124 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got them for my P226's. In my case this allows for 4 calibers and they all work flawlessly on mine.

Sig P226R 9mm/40/357/22
Sig P226 357/40/9/22
Sig P6
Sig P228
Sig P229R DAK 357/40/9
SigPro 2340 40/357/9
SigPro 2022 40/357/9
Sig P938 9mm/22lr
Sig P227
Sig M18
Sig P365

Posts: 790 | Location: Los Angeles, CA & SLC, UT | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I’ve had four of them and never an issue.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda simple. I have a .357 barrel for my P226 in .40 and a .22 conversion kit for the same P226. They all work great.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post