SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Manufacturing dates?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Manufacturing dates? Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
I did a search for this, but may not have typed in the exact right words. So if this has already been discussed please provide a link.

I'm curious about the manufacturing dates on the P365. I see people referencing the specific date their P365 was manufactured on (or maybe the term is "born on") but I'm not sure what that means. Is there a specific date range that is preferable? Why is this important? Just curious.

I have a P365 manufactured on March 22, 2018.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:
I did a search for this, but may not have typed in the exact right words. So if this has already been discussed please provide a link.

I'm curious about the manufacturing dates on the P365. I see people referencing the specific date their P365 was manufactured on (or maybe the term is "born on") but I'm not sure what that means. Is there a specific date range that is preferable? Why is this important? Just curious.

I have a P365 manufactured on March 22, 2018.

People talk about how recently it was manufactured mainly because of "Gen 1" (not an official designation) guns. The first run of P365s had some issues with lockup, dead night sights, etc. Some of those issues were worked out, and now "Gen 2" guns (manufactured more recently) have some different issues (dead trigger springs, broken firing pins). At some point all of the kinks will be worked out, and I'm sure "Gen 3" will begin being referenced.

Is there a general feel for which dates constitute Gen 1, Gen 2, etc.?

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the dates, but the early P365s had standard Siglight sights, and the newer ones have the XRay sights.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week of February and forward should be fine. While the issues are serious, the numbers as a percent are industry leading (in a positive way)

I just picked up mine a week ago with a DOB of May 12

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post