SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range reports: Swiss P210-5LS, German P210 Super Target Ag 5, and American P210A-TGT
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range reports: Swiss P210-5LS, German P210 Super Target Ag 5, and American P210A-TGT Login/Join 
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
You are most welcome, any time.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Very nice range report and pics! Definitely on my handgun bucket list.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
How wide is the grip on the P210A? Is it comparable to a 1911 with standard grips? I don't have a shop near me with one in stock, and I get get a reference on how wide the regular grip is and no one makes G10s for it yet.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
The 210A grip is considerably wider in the palm swell area than a standard 1911 grip. Reminds me of some of those elaborate looking European .22 target pistol grips. Nicely executed, but the 210A grip is too much of a good thing IMHO. If a standard grip, as on the Swiss and German P210s, were available, that would be approx. 1911 width.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found this link, and thought I could contribute (better late than never). The fabled 'hammer bite' was mentioned. Original Swiss Sigs of 1970's or so vintage, can bite. The tang is not as long or as down-swept as on your very nice pistols. In that way they are similar to the burr-hammer Hi-Power's and early Colt Commanders. And, of course, these earlier Swiss Sigs used heel-clip magazines. Mandell in Scotsdale AZ was the major importer in those days. And Gil Hebard I think. Models were P210-1 with a high gloss finish and fixed sights; P210-2 the same gun with a matte finish; the P210-6 with matte finish and adjustable sights; and the P210-5, like the P210-6 but with an extended barrel and the front sight mounted on the barrel. I believe, but am not sure, that the P210-1 and P210-2 did not have the sear hammer assy lock into the frame with a screw. I do know that the target models had this screw.

When I bought my first 210-6, I got a letter from the state about the registration paperwork. They had never heard of SIG.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post