SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Moving from Texas to Virginia. - Anything i Need to Know
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving from Texas to Virginia. - Anything i Need to Know Login/Join 
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
I'm trying not to comment too early on the situation in VA, because you never know for sure...

But the draft legislation that was tabled at the end of the last session, when the GOP was still in power, was pretty draconian.

VA could be the first state to really get into it - that is, what happens exactly when you outlaw AKs and ARs and all rifles that can take box magazines after 15 years of robust and perfectly legal sales of these types of weapons.

So the OP is probably well and truly warned by now, that he should leave any stuff he has that could be outlawed in VA behind in Texas. For those of us who live here, there is the hope of some grandfathering of excluded types (which would be wise on the part of the ascendant party, to prevent making several million residents into instant felons for something that was legal the day before).

And then there are liable to be some court cases, too: "That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" (Constitution of Virginia).

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
I'm trying not to comment too early on the situation in VA, because you never know for sure...

But the draft legislation that was tabled at the end of the last session, when the GOP was still in power, was pretty draconian.

VA could be the first state to really get into it - that is, what happens exactly when you outlaw AKs and ARs and all rifles that can take box magazines after 15 years of robust and perfectly legal sales of these types of weapons.

So the OP is probably well and truly warned by now, that he should leave any stuff he has that could be outlawed in VA behind in Texas. For those of us who live here, there is the hope of some grandfathering of excluded types (which would be wise on the part of the ascendant party, to prevent making several million residents into instant felons for something that was legal the day before).

And then there are liable to be some court cases, too: "That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" (Constitution of Virginia).

Precedent was set with bump stocks. It's only going to get worse.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can wait it out, I high suspect that the Supreme Court will put a stop to all this anti-gun, anti 2A stuff. A judge is Cali has temporarily struck down the 10 round mag limit, and this
will probably become permanent. Once RB Ginsburg goes, the Supreme Court will reliably be interpreting the constitution as it was intended.

VA shooters could convert their AR collection to single shot, or disassemble the firearms, then wait it out.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, I hope you guys find a way out of this. There are way too many Fudds that will also stand in your way. As long as it doesn't directly concern them, they think its someone else's fault that this happened. Sad part is they are too stupid to figure out that by the time they muster up the energy because it does involve them, it will be way too late.

Also remember, based upon where you live in VA, you still have to be tried and convicted. In many places outside of the metro areas, I think that isn't going to happen. A jury isn't going to find you guilty in many areas across the state, and most likely if you aren't possessing things while sitting on a pallet of cocaine, local LE isn't going to mess with you. Cops don't vote blue by and large and are as sick of this as you are.

The left is in full resistance. Time for us to be too.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon As I hit the ground in VA, I will be looking for brother to stand with against tyranny.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
As soon As I hit the ground in VA, I will be looking for brother to stand with against tyranny.

Hurry up and get here. There are plenty of us, and we need your help.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post