SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Mk IV or SW22 Victory or Mark III
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Mk IV or SW22 Victory or Mark III Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
I have a Mark III but with the delivery of my new 22 can I need to get one with a threaded barrel, right now the Rugers of course are all off the market until Ruger can fix the problem

SW22 is on sale, $308 at KYGunco pretty sure I can get the same deal here haven't shot one so interested if anyone has.

The other option is a MarkIII tactical 22/45 which is on sale at my LGS around $320 for the threaded barrel, I have a Volquartsen kit for the Mark III that I can move to a new Mark III.

So decisions decisions, wait on the 4, which I'd have to buy a new VQ kit for, or the SW22 or mark III, I have 8 of the Ruger mags so that does factor into sticking with a Ruger.

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the Mk4 22/45 Tactical for the option of suppressing later. Mine doesn't seem to exhibit the problem addressed by the recall so I'm undecided if m going to send it in. My trigger is still stock. You don't *have* to get a VQ kit.

Posts: 143 | Registered: August 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a Victory and a Mark IV. I had a Mark III. I'd never consider another mark iii even if it was free or for my worst enemy. Of the victory and the Mark IV I prefer the 22/45. The balance and ergo's are better. I've a VQ barrel for the victory which helps but its still second choice.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you considered the Browning Buckmark? I have a factory threaded version, called Camper Threaded, that I am very happy with. I use it with a Silencerco Sparrow. It has a pretty good trigger out of the box and has been 100% with CCI Standard Velocity and the suppressor.

Posts: 66 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I went with the SW22 because I got it cheap and my daughter has no issues with it.

The only issue I have with it is I still can't get the screw out to take it apart. Some gorilla at the factory tightened it down.

Other than that, it's been fully functional and quiet with all three of my 22 suppressors.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7991 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
One reason that I like the victory is that it come from the factory with a decent trigger, at least mine did.

Most of the newer Ruger mark IV's seem to have a hit or miss trigger.
I also like the stainless steel magazines on the Victory. They are built very well.
I'm a Ruger fan and like most of their products but I prefer my Victory to the Ruger Mark IV.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Only reason I tossed a new Mk III into the mix is that I have the full VQ accurizing kit that I can drop into it, and my LGS is running a sale on them.

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yea but the rest of the time you own it you will be cursing yourself.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
yea but the rest of the time you own it you will be cursing yourself.

I am curious as to the reason for your opinion of the Mark III. I don't own one, but I have been tempted when I see them at gun shows for a good price. My favorite .22 pistol will always be my Buckmark.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I like my MK IV Lite. It is easy to field strip and clean, or swap parts. On the downside, I have to send it back to Ruger already for the recall.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Mk4 all the way. ambi safety, no loaded chamber indicater. mags drop free. Only downside is the mk3 and 4 both have the same crap trigger. even with the volq. trigger for the three I would have a tough time going with the three over the 4.

I will send in the 4 get it upgraded (hopefully get a magazine for my trouble install he volquarten trigger I have waiting and some aftermarket grips and never look back.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A Vic would be my choice, based primarily on the quality of its trigger. I've yet to come across a factory Ruger in either MkIII or MkIV guise that doesn't cry out for help for its trigger.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Buckmark.

Sorry.
Frown

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
After having multiple Marks, I decided to try a Victory instead of a MKIV....really like it so far.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post