SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone cut down a Glock 19 to a 26?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone cut down a Glock 19 to a 26? Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
HMMM CCO style.

I like that idea.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DC54,

Did you do it yourself or send it out? That's one of the nicest chop/stipple jobs I've seen.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
It doesn't have a rail because it's meant to be the smallest possible package, adding any extra accessories to it would defeat that purpose and you might as well go one size up at that point.
Do you carry concealed? The grip length is critical if you carry at the waistband. Slide length is not so important, reason, of course.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine cut down a couple of Glock 19 grips to 26 length.

I tried the guns and actually like the gun - I am not a fan of the Gen 3 Glock 26, the hump at the bottom of the grips rear just doesn't fit my hand correctly. (The Gen 4 with the smallest grip option actually works better for me.)

With the chopped 19, there is no bump at the bottom of the grip and it actually fits my hand better.

Now, my wife who has been EDCing a Gen 3 26 since 2005 said that she didn't like the chopped grip, she preferred her Gen 3 26.

Just some personal observations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The two shown look really good.

I am amazed at how much i use my light from my pocket. I wish it would mount to my pistol though. Thinking back only 1 time did i ever neex to draw my pistol in daylight. Every other time it has been dark or low light. All of my nightstand pistols now have lights. Their fullsize and sourcing a holster makes them impractical for daily carry.

With the plethora of holster makers out there for the glock with weapon mount lights.... this makes a great case for owning one and being proficient with it.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you own a G26 and shoot it well, my advice is to try out a 19/26 before you have one made for yourself. If I shot one of the pistols pictured in this thread, they would probably shoot low for me.

The example of a 1911 mainspring housing is apt- flat vs. arched. The 1911 pointed low in point shooting, hence the arched mainspring housing.

Proceed cautiously

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post