SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone cut down a Glock 19 to a 26?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone cut down a Glock 19 to a 26? Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted
So I've been carrying a 26 for years. Love it.
But I want a rail....why the Gen4's didn't come with a rail is beyond me. The grip size on the 26 is so perfect for concealment. And no matter how I carry the 19, I still think the grip is too long and more apt to be noticed.

I'm thinking of either:

1. Getting a Lone Wolf slide adapter and slapping a 19 slide on my 26 frame. But I still won't have a rail.

2. Finding a beater 19 and cutting down the grip. This way it still carries like a 26 but has the advantage of a 19 slide AND a rail for a WML.

Anyone do this? Did you do it yourself? Did a 'pro' do it for you?

Post pics if you got 'em too.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did it myself and love it. New pics coming soon when I finish the finger groove removal, grip reduction and re-stipple job.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
That looks great, ZDog.

Any issues with reliability so far? How many rounds through it in this configuration?
Do the mags rattle when inserted? Any issues mag ejection?

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cut this one myself and it carries well[IMG]http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/amclough/IMG_20150513_201947.jpg"> [/IMG]

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I can't seem to get the photo posted correctly

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
Sorry, I can't seem to get the photo posted correctly

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Polymer refined did mine. Carrying it now. Perfect size carry gun.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Thanks dc54. do you have pics of your cut down glock? I'm trying to get some ideas on whether or not I want to do it myself.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Why not get a polymer 80 and cut it down. If you mess up, no big deal, just order another. And I think they are cheaper than buying a lower.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Why not get a polymer 80 and cut it down. If you mess up, no big deal, just order another. And I think they are cheaper than buying a lower.

I have a couple of the 17 sized poly80's that are still in the box. When I get time I thought of working one. I don't have the new 19 sized version yet. I just don't see myself carrying one as an edc.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a Gen 3 G19 cut for G26 magazines but I'm concerned about how the pistol will point. The G26 has an arched backstrap and it's the reason the pistol points so well for me. Just as with changing from arched to flat mainspring housings on a 1911, altering the shape of the Glock backstrap affects the way the pistol points.

I would dearly love to see Glock introduce a G19/26 model. Except for the bare frame itself, all the other parts to make such a pistol are in use, and we all know how much Glock loves commonality of parts.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Most definitely.
A GLock 19/26 would be perfection. I'd even take a Glock 26 with a rail.

I wish there was someone close to me that has a cut-down 19. I'd love to try it before I commit to ruining a frame.

And you're absolutely right about the 26 and how it points. That humpy backstrap gives it a feeling of a more upright angled grip compared to the 19/17etc. At least for me. For a long time the only Glock that I could shoot really well was the 26.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Pics

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
More Pics

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I came real close to having Polymer refined cut down a G21 to a G30 grip. I have the 10mm barrel for it so I could have had 45 or 10mm with longer barrel length but shorter grip. Making me think again. I guess my wallet is lucky they aren't taking orders now!

posted Hide Post
I agree! I would love to see a G-26 frame with the dust cover extended to fit a G-19 side - the short grip for concealment, and the longer slide for longer sight radius. I would buy at least two in 9mm, and two more if they combined the G-30 frame and the G-21 slide!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics dc54.
Hot damn that's a good looking frame.
My mind is made up, I'm on the prowl for a beater 19 to get converted.

posted Hide Post
Not sure if it would be the path you want to go, but Combat Armory has used Glock 23 lowers for $129.99 (or new 19 lowers for $159.99). If you aren't set on the 19 length slide then that might be a cheap way to get a railed 26. Im not a Glock guy so I don't know if there is anything in the dust cover that would prevent you from cutting it down. Just a thought...

http://www.combatarmory.com/pr...lete-glock-23-lower/

Posts: 135 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
It doesn't have a rail because it's meant to be the smallest possible package, adding any extra accessories to it would defeat that purpose and you might as well go one size up at that point.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
It doesn't have a rail because it's meant to be the smallest possible package, adding any extra accessories to it would defeat that purpose and you might as well go one size up at that point.

It's all about the grip size. I want a 26 grip with a rail and a 19 slide.