SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm curious, if you bought a pistol in the last couple of months, did you buy one of the big three?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm curious, if you bought a pistol in the last couple of months, did you buy one of the big three? Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
I'm trying get a feel for just how big of an impact the 320 is making. I realize we're on Sig Forum but I think most members buy/shoot whatever they prefer.

Feel free to add a response as to why you picked one over another.

Question:
If you bought a pistol in the last couple of months did you buy?

Choices:
Glock Gen 4
Sig P320
S&W M&P 2.0
Other

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
HK, because I had to find out if they were all hype or if there was any substance to the fan-boy-ism.

I haven't shot enough to know for certain that they're worthy of all the praise that gets lavished on them. But what I can tell you is it isn't all hype.

Posts: 10725 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
DW VBob in 38 Super.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Last pistol I bought was a revolver: LCR9.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I have been on a Beretta run lately. First purchase a 92FS, then the 92FS Inox, 92FS Compact, M9A3, M9 Commercial, 92A1 and a nickel 84FS.

Those sexy Italians are growing on me.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1924 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
S&W SD9VE.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I did buy a 320 and voted that way, but I also bought "Other" too.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
LOL. ATI .45. Too cheap not to. And it runs well!

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Backup G43.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you say "the big three," do you mean those specific models? Why just Gen 4 glocks? Gen 3's remain wildly popular. Why S&W 2.0? The smiths, especially the shields going on sale for dirt prices right now, are sailing out the door.

The impact of the 320 can't really be gaged against Gen 4 glocks or S&W 2.0's. It can be gaged in the number of 320's being sold, carried, used for competition, etc. Otherwise, you're just taking random samples and gaging the success of the P320 by what others didn't buy.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
HK because I have moved back to DA/SA.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Three Berettas in the 92 family

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Ruger GP100

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
My latest pistol was a Taurus revolver.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Gen 4 G40 because, 10MM

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
HK because I have moved back to DA/SA.

I found myself doing the same. Well not DA/SA exclusively, but I've moved from striker-fired (Kahr, Glock) back to mostly hammer-fired pistols for concealed carry (SIG P239, HK P30SK, S&W CS9D). I'm really not sure why.

Back to the original question, my most recent buys were the S&W CS9D (scarce double action only variant), SIG P229 Elite Equinox 9mm (just today), and a TC Contender. Honestly I have no interest in any of the specific pistols listed as choices.

The TC is hammer-fired. The .22WRM sure has a hell of a bark from a 10" barrel. Maybe I'll use it as a CCW Big Grin

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last two was a 229ST and a 357 revolver.

I don't understand all the hype over the 320. Maybe that would change, if I shot one. But the over all fit, feel and trigger pull didn't really trip my fancy.

I will say, I'm not a fantastic plastic guy and bought a VP9 to see if I liked the 'Glock like' trigger. Glock is out due to their grip angle. The HK is more Sig like and points more naturally for me.

Only other plastic that gets me thinking is the PPQ.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig X5, W. Germany P220, P220 10mm, P220 Sport stock, and W. Germany P228 Cool. I think there is a pattern here Smile

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Well, since I just bought a fullsize P320 RX, that's how I voted. But, I could have easily voted other. I also got a Beretta APX, an HK USP9F, and a couple of S&Ws.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
If I count for myself: other.

Technically I did 'buy' a ton of Glocks...though at distributor cost, not with my money and wholly for the shop. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post