SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P7
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
HK P7 Login/Join 
Member
posted
Update: The box is marked Grade A. Thanks for the posts.

Further update: following cleaning after disassembling as Parabellum explained, we took it and the new SAS 239 pictured below and one thing noticeably different was the P 7 has very light felt recoil, and follow up shots are easy today. The decocker, light trigger pull, with the grip, all work well. I tried the slide catch - slide open and slide close by squeezing the decocker after reading below here later and it works. The only thing hard to get used to is the heel mag release.

Shooting the 239-9 SAS was similarly enjoyable. A member has a VM-2 made for the PSP and a PSP mag arriving Monday so I will have a proper holster. The PSP fits in a 239-9 MS VM2 length wise but is too loose do a proper holster would be essential. However the 239 is suited for normal carry and 2 members recently supplied MS iwb holsters for the 239 and a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster fits the 239 well.

Question for members: How much did the squeeze cockers sell for when new , as a P7 M8 in the 1980s st your HK Dealer? I remember SP89s were $1000 in the styrofoam boxes new.

Update: Thinking Sig... typo corrected!

Absolutely stunning to find one as this. Wonderful design!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2jqLFgyZQDJiRqeY8

Does anyone know the trigger pull when the squeeze cocker is depressed? I read it is 1.5 lbs to hold it depressed. It feels very light. Should be very accurate. Reading manuals I found and downloaded now as there was no manual with it and I forgot how it breaks down to clean.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tschiemer,
 
Posts: 2076 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Huh? Confused


_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
 
Posts: 13033 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Maybe autocorrect changed PSP to Sig? Nice looking gun. I lov mine.


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
 
Posts: 6732 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
HK P7 Manual

You're going to want to remove the word 'Sig' from your subject line. Makes no sense.

To disassemble your P7, remove the magazine, then depress the round button on the left side of the frame (just below the slide serrations), and while holding down the button, pull the slide backwards and upwards at the same time. You'll then be able to move the slide forward and off of the frame.

That's a beautiful example of a P7.


____________________________________________________

"The world's in a bad way, my man,
And bound to be worse before it mends;
Better lie up in the mountain here
Four or five centuries,
While the stars go over the lonely ocean"
- Robinson Jeffers
 
Posts: 88305 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
It’s 10-15 pounds to “squeeze” the frame safety.
1.5 pounds to maintain it in the squeezed position
Trigger pull is 4-5 pounds, single action
Striker fired, no hammer
Fixed barrel, polygonal rifling
110 degree grip angle
Very similar to the Walther CCP in terms of field strip, except the ridiculous Walther take down tool.
P5 was Sig, P6 was Walther , P7 was HK for the designations for the police trials in the 70’s.
 
Posts: 1420 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
In the manual that Para provided, catch lever is identified. The catch lever is analogous to the slide release lever on modern day pistols. You can rack the slide open without a magazine in place by pressing the catch lever. To release the slide- squeeze cock the gun. Little known fact about the P7.
 
Posts: 1420 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Parabellum and all... I took Sig out of the title. A member sold me his Sig 239-9 and I took delivery of it from my ffl at the same time, so I had both on my mind. I meant to type only HK, not Sig

Not to be undone, here is the Sig beside the HK. Great pistols and similarly well designed.. Pic of the Sig too.


https://photos.app.goo.gl/HwWqhGaPT5wFvwUG9

A great article on the P7:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....he-best-pistol-ever/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tschiemer,
 
Posts: 2076 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
In the manual that Para provided, catch lever is identified. The catch lever is analogous to the slide release lever on modern day pistols. You can rack the slide open without a magazine in place by pressing the catch lever. To release the slide- squeeze cock the gun. Little known fact about the P7.


You can also keep the trigger depressed and then squeeze the squeeze cocker and it will fire also.
 
Posts: 18097 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
posted Hide Post
tschiemer, I've owned examples of both the 239, P7 and P7M8. Very reliable, high quality pistols IMHO, with an accuracy edge going to the P7. I could occasionally get accuracy with the P7/P7M8 equal to the SIG P210. I say "occasionally" because the small size, short sight radius, white dot sights and trigger made the P7 a little harder for me to shoot for best accuracy from the bench, over a rest.


COTEP #640, NRA Life
 
Posts: 1341 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
They are awesome pistols. I bought a pair of A grade police trade ins for about 1600 back when they were available. Sold one to a friend and the other to a guy on another forum who offered me so much I couldn't pass. I bought a P7M8 and had that for a while. Sold it in search for the P7M13.

I ended up with two. One shooter and one unfired NIB.

They have so much to offer and the only downside is they get hot after 3-4 mags.

Take care of it. They are no longer made and have a cult following. It will only go up in value.

Congrats.
 
Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan... Big Grin


 
Posts: 936 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Bac- nicely done.
Love the P7
 
Posts: 1420 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
BAC, I have a P7 PSP that is nice, but I came across I think it was a factory satin hard chromed one of the surplus ones with the black grips back when they were still cheap......beautiful combination and I couldn't justify buying a second one...…...I think it was around $800 perhaps even a little less. MAN am I kicking myself now
 
Posts: 18097 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
A neighboring department had issued P7's years ago. When they transitioned, I was offered two of them at a great price. I didn't take them. Always regretted it.
 
Posts: 4068 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
BAC, I have a P7 PSP that is nice, but I came across I think it was a factory satin hard chromed one of the surplus ones with the black grips back when they were still cheap......beautiful combination and I couldn't justify buying a second one...…...I think it was around $800 perhaps even a little less. MAN am I kicking myself now


No factory hard chrome, only satin nickel
 
Posts: 936 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
It’s 10-15 pounds to “squeeze” the frame safety.
1.5 pounds to maintain it in the squeezed position
Trigger pull is 4-5 pounds, single action
Striker fired, no hammer
Fixed barrel, polygonal rifling
110 degree grip angle
Very similar to the Walther CCP in terms of field strip, except the ridiculous Walther take down tool.
P5 was Sig, P6 was Walther , P7 was HK for the designations for the police trials in the 70’s.


P5 was Walther. P6 was Sig.
 
Posts: 2825 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I found a reproduction of the HK price sheet for 1991 listing some that may be of interest. It is in a discussion and I hope it is acceptable to link to it.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...ists-1985-1991-1992/
 
Posts: 2076 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
It’s 10-15 pounds to “squeeze” the frame safety.
1.5 pounds to maintain it in the squeezed position
Trigger pull is 4-5 pounds, single action
Striker fired, no hammer
Fixed barrel, polygonal rifling
110 degree grip angle
Very similar to the Walther CCP in terms of field strip, except the ridiculous Walther take down tool.
P5 was Sig, P6 was Walther , P7 was HK for the designations for the police trials in the 70’s.


P5 was Walther. P6 was Sig.


I'm a big fan of the Walther P5 also...


 
Posts: 936 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's not drift the man's thread, please.
 
Posts: 88305 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I purchased a PSP when they first arrived. Think the price was $600.00. Mid 70s, I do remember that my serial number was lower than the one featured on the cover of Guns & Ammo. Nice shooter. Had Ken Null make a holster for it.
 
Posts: 328 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P7

© SIGforum 2019