Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P7 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got in the West German police trade in early. Ended up with 5 of the PSP and M8 versions. Always figured I would use them as trade bait. Then I shot them, true love. Kept them all. What a great piece of firearm engineering.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot a few of them. Always loved the 9mm's!!!

This gun has always been the bane of my shooting pleasure! I've always said that I was going to grab one. New, way back in the early 90's, then I looked at a few police trade in's years ago, but EVERY SINGLE TIME, something always comes up, and prevents me from getting one.

I remember shooter grades going for $500-$600, Which now are easily $1000+.

One of these days!!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice! ive had 2 and could kick myself for selling them years ago.

Posts: 14 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
I purchased a PSP when they first arrived. Think the price was $600.00. Mid 70s, I do remember that my serial number was lower than the one featured on the cover of Guns & Ammo. Nice shooter. Had Ken Null make a holster for it.

The design was started in the mid 1970's, but the P7 didn't hit production until 1979.

Here's mine from 1979, with a low 4-digit serial number (3557).

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Members have helped me with holsters and mags.

I had begun searching for mags and there are 4 in stock for $99 each at Birmingham Pistol if anyone needs any, which is current as of this morning. If anyone needs mags, I thought I would pass it along. I found them on their internet site.

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 1999 before the surplus pistols arrived, I bought a brand new P7PSP from the final commercial run by HK. I ordered it through Bud's Gun Shop (before it became the corporation it is now) for $950.

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbethel:
Back in 1999 before the surplus pistols arrived, I bought a brand new P7PSP from the final commercial run by HK.
Here's one.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I got one of the police trade in PSP from CDNN for $500 or so. It is one of those guns that look odd, but once you handle it and shoot it, you realize how sweet it is.

Now it's probably too expensive to carry.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece, Para!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 1999 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was a PSP bottom release. Arlington, Va
Import serial number was under 12,000. About 1975 or 76

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
Mine was a PSP bottom release. Arlington, Va
Import serial number was under 12,000. About 1975 or 76
PSPs did not begin coming into the United States until 1979, and none were available commercially anywhere before 1978.

I have a P7, serial number 14527, proofed 1980.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two of the PSP versions.

These are seriously accurate pistols. P210 accurate.

Mine are both shot from time to time but not a lot.

Both slides have gone very plum color.

Leave as is or refinish?

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your description of a plum color is common on some older HKs and there is no need to refinish. I refinished for John Norrell Arms 12 years on weekends to be around exotic weaponry but would suggest you keep your pistols original.

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Bravo:
I have two of the PSP versions.

These are seriously accurate pistols. P210 accurate.

Mine are both shot from time to time but not a lot.

Both slides have gone very plum color.

Leave as is or refinish?

The plum color is very common. No way I’d refinish.

They are definitely accurate pistols. Swiss P210’s would shoot 10 rounds into a 1.5” group at 50 meters. They aren’t that, but still impressive.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Don’t refinish a plum slide. It adds to the cool factor IMO and frankly one day P7s will be collectible/historic(more so then now) and somebody in the future will curse you for refinishing.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I've shot a few of them. Always loved the 9mm's!!!

This gun has always been the bane of my shooting pleasure! I've always said that I was going to grab one. New, way back in the early 90's, then I looked at a few police trade in's years ago, but EVERY SINGLE TIME, something always comes up, and prevents me from getting one.

I remember shooter grades going for $500-$600, Which now are easily $1000+.

One of these days!!!!
Picked up a few around seven years ago for the $500 price. Great shooters but it’s the only handgun I’ve had a nd with. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who made this shoulder holster? A member traded it and neither he or I are sure! Very comfortable and while marked P7M8, you can see it fits my P7 well.

Photo link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YwNYNCBJGyqpVUdw6

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I wish some manufacturer would make a P7 clone without the squeeze cocker and instead, use a safe action trigger system. Everything else from the steel frame/slide, grip angle, piston system, toggle mag releases, etc, kept the same.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ IMHO that would run directly contrary to the purpose of the design - to have a safe pistol with a nice, clean trigger. Drop safety and and a clean, light trigger pull were originally the main concerns, but avoiding the pinch and calluses on the tip of the trigger finger is a benefit, too.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What he said.

I’d sooner give up the gas blowback/fixed barrel then the squeeze cocker and trigger.

Both of those together though, make for an exceptionally accurate pistol.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post