Notify
Tools

HK P7 Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ IMHO that would run directly contrary to the purpose of the design - to have a safe pistol with a nice, clean trigger. Drop safety and and a clean, light trigger pull were originally the main concerns, but avoiding the pinch and calluses on the tip of the trigger finger is a benefit, too.

I understand the purpose of the design, which also has a major flaw - squeezing three digits (for the cocking mechanism) in the same direction as the trigger finger requires for shooting. Glock’s trigger system has proven itself to be more commercially successful and very reliable - which is why it has been highly copied. I think combining this element with the remainder of the P7’s attributes would be nice.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few around seven years ago for the $500 price. Great shooters but it’s the only handgun I’ve had a nd with. MG[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your ND. Hope you and no one else was hurt. Recalling my one (hopefully first and last ND) with a Browing Nomad years ago still brings chills, though no one hurt.
If you don't mind my asking? How did it occur? I have always thought its safety was one of its finest positives (along with its accuracy and light weight though steel).
Best handgun in the world. (Though if it came as a seven shot with a scandium / aluminum frame, well....)

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Picked up a few around seven years ago for the $500 price. Great shooters but it’s the only handgun I’ve had a nd with. MG

Sorry to hear about your ND. Hope you and no one else was hurt. Recalling my one (hopefully first and last ND) with a Browing Nomad years ago still brings chills, though no one hurt.
If you don't mind my asking? How did it occur? I have always thought its safety was one of its finest positives (along with its accuracy and light weight though steel).
Best handgun in the world. (Though if it came as a seven shot with a scandium / aluminum frame, well....)[/QUOTE]. Shooting inside a large tool shed into a homemade backstop , after 50 rounds or so while keeping the grip safety depressed I pointed the P7 toward the roof to let my son in law shoot. The ND occurred at that moment putting a nice hole in my metal roof. If you research the P7 there is a history of ND of this type attributed to muscle memory of the forearm.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbethel:
Back in 1999 before the surplus pistols arrived, I bought a brand new P7PSP from the final commercial run by HK. I ordered it through Bud's Gun Shop (before it became the corporation it is now) for $950.

Here’s my sweet deal. When surplus German Police P7’s were coming I called a dealer in Texas I’d become friendly with and asked if he could find an “A” grade, with no ground off markings if possible. He said he had just the thing and I recieved a brand new KH date PSP for the price of an “A” grade trade in.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the Plum color issue:

Here is a picture of a PSP I owned several years ago:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EvNTQCb3bj4KZoa77

Here is one I got a few weeks ago:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aq5WecoguzM9vajCA

I do not know why some turn color but maybe someone here can explain.

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A blast from the past: P7 poster

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d6L9FMFsWeTuFZZs6

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I wish HK or someone else would reintroduce the P&. the pattens have run out and another company could just call it "The Squeeze Cocker" or something else there is no trade name for. Walther has a pisto with the delayed gas piston feature in a polymer pistol so cost could be cut by going to a polymer frame that has a squeeze cocker on it. I'm certain it would sell.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm certain it would sell.

The average gun buyer loses their shit over a paddle mag release and you want these folks to buy a squeeze cocker??? As much as I would love to see another squeeze cocker it wouldn’t sell well at all IMO

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tschiemer:
On the Plum color issue:

Here is a picture of a PSP I owned several years ago:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EvNTQCb3bj4KZoa77

Here is one I got a few weeks ago:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aq5WecoguzM9vajCA

I do not know why some turn color but maybe someone here can explain.

I have no idea, there is a thread of plum slide P7's on the internet and everyone has ideas/guesses, but nobody seems to have a definitive answer. But my thought is heat. One people have gotten hot repeatedly putting 50 rounds at a time through them. Another possibility could be a certain batch of blueing they used was different in same way, but nobody has compared serial number ranges on the plum ones to see if they all fall in a certain range. Some people say those slides were refinished to remove an agency name and the high alloy slide is hard to refinish compared to carbon steel.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see how much a P7 would sell for new today. Suspect it would be quite a bit. I had a P7M8 and 3 P7s. Didn't care for learning another shooting style so I sold them all and except for a try at a P250, focused on Sigs with DA/SA. Still have a few SA only (a Les Baer 1911 and a Sig P220 Supermatch), but rarely shoot them.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Would it be so expensive for HK to make a run of a couple thousand P7M8s these days? Considering CNC machining and all?

The P7 is a remarkable pistol and, once you get used to it, easy to use and pretty safe to carry.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but you guys are dreaming.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
I carried a nickel P7M13 as a young cop
That gun was like a laser in my hands back then
We had a much more liberal carry choice back then, like an idiot, I got rid of it when i couldn’t carry it anymore

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
About 2002 or so, I learned that Cabelas was offering "Grade A" P7s for $500.00 each. I snapped up three of those and had one (that was more "purple" that I liked) refinished in Np3 by Robar (who just closed up shop. Frown). I also purchased a real nice one that had been refinished in hard chrome, then sold it to a judge friend of mine that was looking for a CCW choice.

The two with the best blue, I've still got and haven't fired. My Np3 I've shot occasionally and its flawless. Terrific design!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post