SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    One more (sequel to another) DAN WESSON CBOB question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One more (sequel to another) DAN WESSON CBOB question Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
The grips on my (new to me) Classic 45 CBOB are the oem high gloss wood grips. Beautiful finish but I'm hard on wood grips and thinking of some G10 or Micarta.

QUESTION: Are the standard wood grips considered "slim" as it pertains to the grip bushings/screws? Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jonh1373
posted Hide Post
Should be standard.

Posts: 39 | Registered: June 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly they are standard. Also I highly recommend G10's. I had a set of VZ ETC Frags slim on my CBOB and loved them.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just got a message back from STONER GRIPS. He thinks they are "slim". Damn, I guess I'll order them through AMAZON and hope for the best.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
CBOB grips are STANDARD. Slims are found on some other DW models. If you want slims on your CBOB you'll need to remove and replace the grip screw bushings.

My CBOB with standard thickness Sarge's Grips:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thanks Baldy. That must be where the confusion is. Those are nice grips on your DW. I beat the hell out of wood grips very quickly so I'll find some G10.

We're both in the same club... Razz

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
No, standard grips are standard. Slim grips are slim.

You could get a set of bushings for both and be good to go.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
Having had both a CBOB and a Guardian, the CBOB uses standard bushings and the Guardian uses slim.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of the FIRST Dan Wesson BobTail ever made.

I built it way back when Bob Serva was the owner.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, you have all of the info you need to make the call right there on the gun. Look at the picture above. If the grips are taller than the plunger tube, they are standard thickness. If they only come to the top of the plunger tube, then they are the slim grips. The ones in the picture above are standard thickness. EZPZ

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Do WILSON 8 rd #47D magazines allow for 8+1 in a CBOB?

I cannot get the WILSON magazine loaded with eight rounds (or the oem 8 rd CHECKMATE) to seat when the chamber is loaded. I don't want to force it. Is the 8 rd design to allow chambering a round w/o dropping the magazine and topping it off with another round?

I don't want to load the magazines with 8 rds in the event of a tactical reload situation. Probably a dumb question but I did research it before asking here.