SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    This is what the Glock 19X should have been
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what the Glock 19X should have been Login/Join 
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
It should have at least looked like this.....Smile

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
Glock builds a gun for a specific customer request for overt carry. People complain it's stupid for concealed carry.

People demand a configuration that has not been commercially viable while they decry a common viable gun configuration.

Testing done shows the theoretical advantages of a slightly longer barrel and sight radius doesn't produce results while a slightly longer grip does.

As long as the G19 mag (and also the Lonewolf G19L slide) has existed its been possible to build yourself a G19L, while it's been impossible to build a G19X.

The 19X was introduced and people screeched it would be a failure... It's been an incredible success.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post

It's a shame you did all those modifications, yet you still have the finger grooves.
That is the worst part of a Gen 3-4 G19, or any Glock compact, for me..

But whatever works for you..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have removed the finger grooves on most my glocks but the RTF groves are not as obtrusive so they fit my hand pretty nicely. I actually didn’t do any real modifications...just put a slide on a frame.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Im with you Dusty. I'll take a chopped frame all day long.

I find it odd that so many people want a 19X to shave off less than 3/4in off the part thats concealed anyways, and that its somehow easier to carry because of .67 differnce.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Range report:

Put 400 rounds of Magtech 115gr ball down range. No failures. Accurate gun. My hand got cheese grated from the RTF frame though.

First 10 rounds at 10 yards unsupported

Cheese grater palm

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It should be noted that most of the complaints about what the 19x should have been, are coming from people who have not shot the 19x.

I have 1500 rounds through mine, and cant say one bad thing about it. Its accurate, flat shooting, and comfortable and easy to conceal in appendix carry position (as well as OWB).

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maca:
It should be noted that most of the complaints about what the 19x should have been, are coming from people who have not shot the 19x.

I have 1500 rounds through mine, and cant say one bad thing about it. Its accurate, flat shooting, and comfortable and easy to conceal in appendix carry position (as well as OWB).

I have shot it and would probably own just for kicks if it wasn’t FDE

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:

More so than a 17?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can’t be any more “flat shooting” then a standard Gen5 19.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I think they look cool.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock guys have been running 19Xs for years. It is called Glock 17 magazine.
Now a factory 19 with a 17 slide would be interesting. Kudos to the op for building what Glock should have.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post