SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    This is what the Glock 19X should have been
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what the Glock 19X should have been Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Just finished building this 19L. I had oem small parts and a G19 RTF2 Gen3 frame laying around so I took advantage of Brownell’s sale on the 19L slide and barrel for $300 and built this. In case you don’t know the 19L is basically a Glock 19 frame with a 17 length slide and barrel. You can’t use a 17 barrel with a Gen 3 or 4 19 frame as the locking blocks are different so you have to get an extended 19 barrel. You can use a 17 slide along with a adapter that goes over the end of the slide to cover up the recoil spring due to the shorter dust cover of the 19 frame. I don’t like this method as it’s just extra parts that can fail. The beauty of the Brownells 19L slide is that it’s cut for a 19 frame so no adapters needed.

Build specs:

Brownells 19L slide and barrel
Ameriglo tall night sights
Glock OEM Gen3 RTF2 frame
Glock OEM slide and frame parts
Glock OEM smooth trigger
Glock OEM (.) connector
Glock OEM extended slide stop
NDZ extended mag release
Agency Arms magwell

Here it is. Will take it to the ranger tomorrow after the front sight lock-tight sets.

Along with the other concocted L model the 26L

With a couple other 19’s

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
interesting but I'll take a factory 19x all day long.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I wish the Brownell's G19L slide were a little less blocky. If it were closer to the countours of the Gen 5 G17 slide, it'd be even more appealing to me.

I think that they have opened the new trend, and other makers like Zev will follow.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Where’s the fun in that...piecing it together is half the fun. Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
I wish the Brownell's G19L slide were a little less blocky. If it were closer to the countours of the Gen 5 G17 slide, it'd be even more appealing to me.

I think that they have opened the new trend, and other makers like Zev will follow.

Brownells did listen to early criticisms of the original RMR slides they made. They were REALLY blocky and didn’t fit some kydex holsters. The later ones have a larger bevel cut on the slide. While still blocky the extra relief aids in holster fitting.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Love the repartee Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Where’s the fun in that...piecing it together is half the fun. Big Grin

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19X All Day Every Day.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
G19X All Day Every Day.

Do you feel that it’s better then a gen5 17? I don’t see the advantages. I actually see the shorter sight radius as a disadvantage. The color is not my cup of tea but that’s just personaly preference.

posted Hide Post
Nice. I like it. That is what I do with my 320’s. My match gun is a full-size 320 slide on a Compact frame. Same effect.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Looks good but I'll take the longer grip length and shorter slide, like the 19X, all day long. It balances well and with an Incog Eclipse, it rides deep and low for AIWB. The extra grip length allows me to get a better grip when drawing from concealment. The shorter slide doesn't quite poke me in the nether regions as much. Yeah, the 19X is perfect to me.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Nice, but I like the 19X the way it was designed.

I’d actually like to see a Gen5 Glock 19 with the 19 slide and the 17-length grip.

A long slide means nothing to me in a defensive pistol. The couple extra rounds do, though.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i like it, nice looking glock.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it's not.

Why does everyone think because they made the one the other wasn't possible since they started making glock 19 mags?

Neat project,but still, no.

Posts: 267 | Registered: November 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Different strokes. For me the 17 frame is annoying to conceal well, especially in warmer weather. I can still get away with a 19 with a t-shirt if need be... and when you want extra rounds problem solved Wink

In all reality I will never carry this gun or even use it for anything other then range use. I have 5 other Glock 19’s and only 2 we’ve get carried. I just enjoy building stuff. The 19X never made sense to me which is why I don’t have one. Isn’t life grand...there’s something for everyone.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mercedes560:
No, it's not.

Why does everyone think because they made the one the other wasn't possible since they started making glock 19 mags?

Neat project,but still, no.

No one thinks it’s not possible. People just like giving Glock crap since the 26L and 19L has been on the wish list for lots of people for a long time. Sure they can make it they just haven’t.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Seems like wacking an inch or so off a G17 would be much cheaper Wink

I like the idea. Never held one though.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Seems like wacking an inch or so off a G17 would be much cheaper Wink

I like the idea. Never held one though.

Well I already had most of the parts that were take-off’s from other projects so it only cost me $300 for the slide and barrel and $67 for the sigts.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice, and I get it that it's fun building stuff to your liking. But, I'll take neither this, nor the factory 19X. The original 19 RTF2 suits me just fine. Now, if you build me a 26X, I'll take one. Cool

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Nice, and I get it that it's fun building stuff to your liking. But, I'll take neither this, nor the factory 19X. The original 19 RTF2 suits me just fine. Now, if you build me a 26X, I'll take one. Cool

Yep, I’d gladly buy one if I could.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Like the concept. But it should be a RLS (Really Long Slide) built with a G34 length top end. Now THAT would be uber kewl. I almost thought the MLS (Mega Long Slide) of 17L inspiration would be that much more kewler, but that's just plain ridiculous shovin' one of those down one's pants. Big Grin

BTW, the G19X is fine just as it is. Its take on the Gen5 full-size grip is just frickin' awesome. Totally transforms the balance of a compact Glock.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post