SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIG itself doesn't even show a 10mm 220 mag! What did I buy? A BREN ten?

tip: the 45 apc mag seems to work 'just fine' so far; YMMV and usual warnings/disclaimers; had mine for going on 2 years, it took a while but cobbled together a little clutch of mags both 10mm/45 that all work fine.

Stay alert, you'll find 'em here & there.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Now to find a few spare mags! A quick search at Brownells, Top Gun, Midway; NONE. Hell. SIG itself doesn't even show a 10mm 220 mag!

8 in stock at Ammunition Depot.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Gentleman...Appreciate the info!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
SIG itself doesn't even show a 10mm 220 mag! What did I buy? A BREN ten?

tip: the 45 apc mag seems to work 'just fine' so far; YMMV and usual warnings/disclaimers; had mine for going on 2 years, it took a while but cobbled together a little clutch of mags both 10mm/45 that all work fine.

Stay alert, you'll find 'em here & there.

I have been using ACT brand .45 mags for over a year with ZERO issues.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...-p220b458-p-543.html

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I ordered a pair of SIG Factory 10mm mags....I will keep my eyes open for cheap/reasonably priced 220/.45 mags at the gun show this weekend.

Good to know the .45's WORK. Similar to using .357/.40 mags in my 229's when I install my 9mm Bar-Sto barrel...they work 100%. Never rounded up any 9mm 229 mags.

Thank You Gentleman.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I ordered a pair of SIG Factory 10mm mags....I will keep my eyes open for cheap/reasonably priced 220/.45 mags at the gun show this weekend.

Good to know the .45's WORK. Similar to using .357/.40 mags in my 229's when I install my 9mm Bar-Sto barrel...they work 100%. Never rounded up any 9mm 229 mags.

Thank You Gentleman.

The .45 mags work until you want to load a full power Underwood round. It is a a tad too long to fit the .45 mag.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 10 round .45 mags do not work as well as the 8 round 45 mags.Tom

Tom Johansen

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Picked the 220 up this morning. The Lipsey, Emperor Scorpion, FDE model. Most likely no Range report until the weekend or next Monday.

My initial impressions; It's SOLID, it's heavy and I like the FDE/Black color combo.

Plus...SIG has a 2 free magazines and a Range bag deal going on. The two free mags are icing on the SIG cake.

FN in MT

https://ibb.co/nt29ZQ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

The Constable
posted Hide Post
Did a quick Range trip today to my local Quarry.

My first impression with my new 220 ten mm....Good Lord but does it THROW brass! Like 30-35 feet!

It's surely accurate. My 165 and 180 gr, Blue Dot, MT Gold , jacketed reloads shot very well.

Only had the time for 50 or 60 rds but zero FTE/FTF.

I do need to do a minor windage adjustment as my POI is a bit to the left. Elevation with 180's right ON the money.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good Lord but does it THROW brass! Like 30-35 feet!

Mine throws high power Underwood 50 feet. I actually paced it off, when I couldn't find them. Yes, it is very accurate with all power loads.

posted Hide Post
I have one of the Nitron models. When I bought it I went ahead and got 3-4 extra mags; glad I did

But now I see the Legion is out...
I had a 9mm Legion I bought used, it seemed to not be as durable a finish as some other guns I have...(chips in the finish in the mag well area in particular) Not sure If my limited experience with the legion finish is shared by others...
I haven't compared what the types of finishes are (the Nitron Black vs Legion gray)...
Is the Legion stainless as well?

Posts: 49 | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Good Lord but does it THROW brass! Like 30-35 feet!

Mine throws high power Underwood 50 feet. I actually paced it off, when I couldn't find them. Yes, it is very accurate with all power loads.

^^^^ Mine throws all brass about 30 paces and hotter rounds farther.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine throws the brass all the way to the wall, about two feet. Cool

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
re: magazines for the P220-10.
Per the suggestion of someone else on the forum I dug out my spare P220//45ACP magazines, ten of them. All worked fine, except that the 8-round versions won't feed the first round if loaded to more than seven rounds.
I've cycled them all through the gun at least twice, each, and for some as many as five.

Posts: 152 | Location: Waukesha Co, WI. & St. Paul MN | Registered: March 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't get ahold of any 10mm mags with my mag promotion so they sent me some 10 rd 45 mags. I plan to run a few different loads through them to check function/performance this week.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How would you guys compare the 10m 220 to a 10mm 1911? I’m torn between the 2 tone da/sa and a 10mm tacops

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
How would you guys compare the 10m 220 to a 10mm 1911? I’m torn between the 2 tone da/sa and a 10mm tacops

All about personal preference I preferred the 220 DA/SA to my 1911. But I am also not a huge 1911 fan (blasphemy I know) but am a huge 22x fan. Just me I prefer the fatter grip and DA/SA.
I did get rid of the 220 for a 20SF. Only because the 220 was to heavy to carry for the limited capacity. My woods gun is the 20SF since we have bears. I am also building a 10mm AR that will use the Glock mags.
Sadly, I am at the point I needed to move something I only shot for fun to have some things I would actually be using and carrying.
I very much liked my 220.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not a huge 1911 fan either and am a p series fanboy but I’ve never had a 1911 before and I’ll be concealing this while on my dirtbike and when we go out to get food when we are on mancation. So the slightly smaller size appeals to me but if the 220 is that much better then I’ll probably go that route

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was being cheap and missed out on the kryptek P220 hunter in 10mm..I should've just bought it and asked forgiveness later!! BAH!

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
FN, post some pics of your bronze model when you can. I cant remember if the Legion model is stainless frame or alloy. What is your bronze model ?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post