SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
I just picked up the Match Elite in Reverse two-tone with Siglite night sights. Getting some damn grease next. Big Grin

I'm interested in the holster pricing also.

Congrats. That is the one I am looking for. Let us know what you think.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have shipped over 600 DA/SA guns out. The reason they are drying up on the various online venues is that we have been receiving the SAO models, but should start seeing some more DA/SA guns soon. We can't get them fast enough.

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta wonder how the sales numbers of these would have gone back in , oh say, 1992.

would it have taken years ? instead of months w/o the innernet?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I watched the P220 10mm conversions thread that Bruce did when I first joined the Forum. Then I bought a recent production Colt Delta Elite.
I watched the Sig Factory introduction of the P220 10mm thread so I bought a P220 10mm SAO.
It arrived at my dealer yesterday, did the paperwork today, and should pick up tomorrow. All I have today are two cell phone pictures. I inspected the new P220 10mm closely. And I am very impressed with the fit and finish on this pistol. Without taking it completely apart yet, the slide to frame fit, barrel fit, and machining quality appear to rival the German stainless frame guns in my collection. Yes, the magazine needs a good slap to get past the magazine release. And yes, it is equipped with a front night sight.
I will take better pictures when I pick it up!
A big THANK YOU to Para, Sig Sauer, Bruce Gray & Co, and all the Forum Members that kept the pressure on to make this happen!

Edited: removed outdated photobucket links. Colt Delta Elite is gone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cee_Kamp,

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1530 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I picked up the new Sig P220 10mm SAO today.

When I was deciding which model P220 10mm was for me, I had great difficulty finding high quality photos. When Member BRL bought his, the picture he took was what finalized my decision. So here is my attempt at enabling any Forum members that needed a better look at a new Sig P220 10mm SAO

It will likely be a week or so until I can free up enough time for a range trip. I did tear it all apart for a proper clean and lube. It's nicely machined inside as well.

DSC01162 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

DSC01160 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

DSC01174 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

DSC01170 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

Edited: Removed some dead photobucket links and replaced with newer photos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cee_Kamp,

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1530 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any of you own the S&w 1076 or similar? How does it compare to the DA/SA 220?

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so what is the most rounds that you could shoot and still feel your elbow?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm an enabler. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

That gun tames it very well. 1 ran 100 rounds through mine and thought nothing of it. 100 rounds of hot Buffalo Bore might make one think about it.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
I friggin HATE living I Massachusetts

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I put 300 rounds of the new Sig 180gr FMJ ammo thru one a couple of weeks ago and only stopped because I ran out of ammo. Very comfortable to shoot and the Sig ammo is not a 40 S&W level 10mm load.

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello.

Thanks to all of you that have shared your insights and experiences re: the Sig 10mm.

I ordered the 10mm SAO Nitron. It shipped today.
Looking forward to giving it a work out for the remainder of the summer and in to fall. If all goes well, which I expect to be the case, a hunting we will go.

I will keep you posted.

Best,

J Scott

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Scott:
Hello.

Thanks to all of you that have shared your insights and experiences re: the Sig 10mm.

I ordered the 10mm SAO Nitron. It shipped today.
Looking forward to giving it a work out for the remainder of the summer and in to fall. If all goes well, which I expect to be the case, a hunting we will go.

I will keep you posted.

Best,

J Scott

Whoa! You need to sound off here Big Grin -

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...740004283#1740004283

Congrats on your pending acquisition!

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just did and thanks! Big Grin

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well eventually it had to happen...

A friend of mine said he picked up a Nitron 10mm today.

They swapped parts with a two tone 10mm to have SAO with night sights and a DA/SA with adjustable sights.

For whatever reason, in order to swap out the slides, the barrel, spring, and lock block had to be swapped also.

With just swapping the slide, it would not assemble properly. Tolerances are tight on these.

It looks like I need to sign up for Photobucket or something to post pics.

I suppose these are now the first Frankensigs in 10mm. Big Grin

The DA/SA also has aluminum grips from a .45 Elite Dark.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Well eventually it had to happen...

A friend of mine said he picked up a Nitron 10mm today.

They swapped parts with a two tone 10mm to have SAO with night sights and a DA/SA with adjustable sights.

For whatever reason, in order to swap out the slides, the barrel, spring, and lock block had to be swapped also.

With just swapping the slide, it would not assemble properly. Tolerances are tight on these.

It looks like I need to sign up for Photobucket or something to post pics.

I suppose these are now the first Frankensigs in 10mm. Big Grin

The DA/SA also has aluminum grips from a .45 Elite Dark.

I use Google Picasa WEB and it works very well for posting pictures.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Newbie question: Will the "P220 Polymer Slim Grips" fit on the 10mm Nitron?

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think all of the SAO P220 grips are interchangeable.

Unless of course you are including the X-Six.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any idea when Sig will release the .40 S&W barrels for the 10mm 220?

Tom

Tom Johansen

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess never.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I can't see why they'd go to the trouble, particularly since I have no idea where one would find magazines that would work. OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a .40 barrel from a 226 would work just fine in one of the 4.4" 10mms.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post