SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of LINVS
posted Hide Post
Oach...my wrists hurt just thinking about that.

America for Americans!

Posts: 2165 | Location: SoCal | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You for the update on the GT20.
Looking forward to getting mine, and that's great news on the bonus magazine.

Posts: 20 | Registered: February 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
$1514.97

Is this the going price for the GT20?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Gresham:
An update for those who have ordered the GT20 (SAO).

First batch should ship from Sig to Durys next week. Another 150 by the end of the month, and the last 100 by May 15. Total run is 300. Each gun will be marked "1 of 300".

To help ease the sting of the delay, and to say thanks for everyone's patience, the good folks at Sig have agreed to supply a third magazine with each GT20.

It would have been great if Dury's could have told me anything like this before I cancelled my order.

If a mass production model was used at the time of the video (late March?) then why couldn't they release any until next week?

Every time I had called Dury's I was told "in a few more weeks we may be able to tell you something".

Three days after I had sent my FFL holders license to Austin (the gentleman who works at Dury's), I was called and asked to send it again because they were 'building a database' (?).

After the original release date passed, would it have been too hard to send out an email saying the order was delayed because of (grips not produced, parts supplier delay, new release date, etc...) ?

Now the delay in and of itself wouldn't have been all that bad if it wasn't for the lack of communication for the end user.

After getting the runaround for a few times I gave up and asked them to refund the $1514.97 of mine that they had since January 23rd.

The 10mm P220s on Gunbroker were too enticing I suppose. At lease they had a picture of exactly what I was buying and could give a firm answer on when it would be shipped out.

I was really looking forward to owning the GT-20 as well as another SAO P220 regardless of how many were made.

I do listen to Gun Talk Radio every now and then and enjoy it. I can't say I'll do business with Dury's any time soon.

The GT-20 is a nice looking Sig, the adjustable sights would have been a plus...

I put a deposit down just for that reason. I probably anticipated there would be some delay and wasn't about to have that much money sitting out there in perpetuity. $250 wasn't that big a deal.

After, I got my Lipsey's P220, especially with the mag issue, I thought about cancelling the GT20. Glad I didn't...it really was my favorite of all the upcoming offerings. 1 of 300 now, AND an extra mag?!?! Yes! Can't wait!!

BTW, although she couldn't give much in terms of updates, each time I dealt with Cynthia at Drury's, she was very patient and gracious. I actually might have cancelled were it not for dealing with her!

Posts: 106 | Registered: March 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Won the bid on a Sig 10MM last night on GunBroker for $1225.00 plus shipping and FFL fees should keep it at $1275 before taxes. Very happy to get one at this price and hope to be test firing it by next week. My Dealer has a small range next to his shop and I already have plenty of 10MM ammo to try. So far no one seems to of experience any problems so I hope my luck holds. Big Grin

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:

quote:
$1514.97

Is this the going price for the GT20?

Yup. A GT-20 with two extra magazines.

Way more than my Gunbroker 10mm with a Gray Guns trigger and Sig Elite aluminum grips.

I only assumed that if someone made a deal that would get them nearly a half million dollars in retail sales, they could have made some kind of effort to keep people informed. Confused

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I took my P220 10mm to the range today. I ran 200 rounds though it; 175 Armscor and 25 American I had left over. The gun was absolutely flawless from the first round to the last. It is a joy to shoot; very smooth and what I would consider mild recoil for 10mm. Admittedly the Armscor isn't "full load", but I've shot a G20, Dan Wesson Razorback, a couple of Colt Deltas, on custom and one stock, and both a S&W 1006 and 1066 with various factory loads.

IMO, the recoil on the P220 is less than the G20 for perhaps obvious reasons, significantly. I would also say it is less or about the same as my 10mm 1911s which I've mentioned above. It's been a while since I've shot the S&Wes, but, IMO, the P220 is by far a better firearm. It's just as solidly built, shoots just as well and is certainly as accurate or better. It's hard to say about recoil, but I'd say it's less.

I agree that SIG did an excellent job with this one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the write up.

Yeah, I suspect the ~9oz of additional mass in the P220 vs a G20 does equate to a noticeably softer shooter. I do love all-stainless handguns for that reason, and ease of finish care when uncoated (like an annual bead blasting or the like).

Will you being firing any hotter loads through it anytime soon?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree that SIG did an excellent job with this one.

Absolutely!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
They seem to be selling pretty briskly on GB.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
From Bruce Gray Facebook.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is a hell of a statement from Bruce you posted there SIGWolf. Man I hope they all function that nice. A most excellent P220.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Pissed off as all hell at the moment.
Bruce's post got me itching even further wondering when my pistol will arrive.
Dropped by the LGS for an update. They called Lipsey's who said they did not have any on order for them.
What???? I was there when the order was placed in January after the Shot Announcement.
Was also there for a couple of follow up calls before they were shipping.
No freaking clue when I'll get one now as people have been ordering for 4 months since mine was placed.
Weather is finally breaking and was hoping to enjoy it in good weather. Sadly summer will probably be long gone before my order is filled now.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
ermahgerd, plain stainless with fixed sights and plain grips. Is it SAO, too? my heart, it's all aflutter. It's like seeing sasquatch, only in reverse. Now *that's* a user's P220 In 10mm:

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Yep. Too bad it's only a production prototype.

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That's alright. That's reason enough for me to try to get the scratch together for one of the Lipsey's versions.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Anyone have an idea about this configuration? It's listed at Lipsey's, no picture, but is several hundred dollars higher MSRP at $1770. Just curious.

SI220R510HRPSAO
P220 ELITE 10MM SS ROMEO MRD
220R5-10-HRP-SA0 | SS/CAMO
10mm
UPC: 798681513574 MFG MDL #: 220R5-10-HRP-SAO
MSRP: $1,770.00

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Operations:
armscor 10mm

•Muzzle Velocity: 1150 fps.
•Muzzle Energy: 529 ft. lbs.

So, this would be around the same as .40S&W, perhaps the Muzzle Energy is higher?

Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone have an idea about this configuration? It's listed at Lipsey's, no picture, but is several hundred dollars higher MSRP at $1770. Just curious.

SI220R510HRPSAO
P220 ELITE 10MM SS ROMEO MRD
220R5-10-HRP-SA0 | SS/CAMO
10mm
UPC: 798681513574 MFG MDL #: 220R5-10-HRP-SAO
MSRP: $1,770.00

Possibly this?

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhh, my eyeeees.

(shudder)