SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That's cool, thanks.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AbNorm
posted Hide Post
This is all good stuff...thank you all. I might have to consider gittin one...Considering done. Gimme...

Posts: 85 | Location: Grand Canyon | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading all of the posts on this subject, all I can say is... Thank you to all that were involved with Sig- Sauer in bringing this project to fruition. Thank you much Sig-Sauer! Ever since the Bren Ten debacle I've been wanting a DA/SA 10mm, I settled on a Star MegaStar for a time and decided I didn't want the EAA Witness, was hoping Para-USA would come out with a double stack LDA and that hasn't happened.

I do love my Sigs though. That Sig is coming out with a DA/SA 10mm in a P=220 is really great news for me. So... to all of you supporting this project and putting your money up for the 10mm I thank you all.

With all the Lurking and reading I've been doing on this sight... it took this Post to bring me out, really great news to this old man.

Posts: 18 | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wild47:
After reading all of the posts on this subject, all I can say is... Thank you to all that were involved with Sig- Sauer in bringing this project to fruition. Thank you much Sig-Sauer! Ever since the Bren Ten debacle I've been wanting a DA/SA 10mm, I settled on a Star MegaStar for a time and decided I didn't want the EAA Witness, was hoping Para-USA would come out with a double stack LDA and that hasn't happened.

I do love my Sigs though. That Sig is coming out with a DA/SA 10mm in a P=220 is really great news for me. So... to all of you supporting this project and putting your money up for the 10mm I thank you all.

With all the Lurking and reading I've been doing on this sight... it took this Post to bring me out, really great news to this old man.

Hi and thank you for making this your first post here! On behalf of our friends at SIG Sauer who took the initiative to make the factory P220 10mm a reality, you are very welcome.

I was one of those who got stung by the 10mm bug even as the Bren Ten failed, and my long history with the cartridge led us to the Grayguns 220-10 conversion program. I am beyond thrilled that SIG Sauer picked it up and ran with it. With the full weight of their unmatched engineering and production resources behind it, the new P220 10mm will be an awesome pistol.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi and thank you for making this your first post here! On behalf of our friends at SIG Sauer who took the initiative to make the factory P220 10mm a reality, you are very welcome.

-Bruce[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the warm welcome sir. May you and yours have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving.

On a side note referring to the Bren Ten situation, though I was burned on the firearms I was able to obtain from Dornus and Dixon 500 rds. of the Norma 200 TC ammo rated at 1200 fps. Sadly though... not my money. Since Sig-USA is an established company I'm certain that this time I'll be very pleased with their P-220 10mm.

Wild47

Posts: 18 | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying hard not to spend my pistol money on a P938, but the wait is killing me!.

If I do buy a P938 now, I will have to sell a pistol or two to buy the P220-10 mm or wait until summer.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Keep dropping those nickels into my change jar Big Grin

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just found this thread. Soon happy that Sig is making this model. Although it will be less than ideal for CC, it is a modern 10mm pistol with Sig quality.

Might have to sell my 1006 and 1066 to find the $$.

Posts: 65 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe based on hi cap 45 227, rather than 220 frame?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for the time to order!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, I'm a jerk - I'm already trying to figure out mags and barrels (Bar Sto, surely?) for a 357SIG conversion. Give me the moon and I'll still want the stars...

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the new Sig 10mm will be able to handle full-house loads. IIRC, the GGI version came with the proviso that the owner should stick to factory loads and avoid hot rounds like buffalo bore and top end reloads.

My go to load for my 1006 is 13.5gr of AA9 under a MG 180JHP, well under max. These chronograph at an avg velocity of 1130, close to equivalent to some factory loads. In my 1006, even with an upgraded 24lb recoil spring, the brass from this load gets slung halfway to the next county. I'd like to go a little hotter on occasion.

I'm considering selling my 1006 to fund one of these new guns when they come out. Should I hang onto my 1006 for nuclear class loads, or will the new Sig be able to tolerate them on a limited basis?

Any thougts Bruce?

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I WANT ONE NOW!!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TightLines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
I WANT ONE NOW!!

this x2

Posts: 102 | Location: United States | Registered: August 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under 40 days to NSSF SHOT Show.

Any new information?

Will the P220-10mm debut at SHOT?

Thanks,
Mark

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Owner/Operator of
Silencertalk.com
posted Hide Post
It would be extra good with a double stack mag.

I have a lot of 10mm - at least three Delta Elites, and two Glocks and a S&W.

I have decided that the 1911 platform does not really make sense for 10mm because it does not give extra magazine capacity over 45, which is 1/2 the benefit of 10mm. I don't believe 10mm is better against people than 45. I do believe 10mm is better for hunting or bear defense.

So if the P220 is also the same capacity as 45, then it won't be as exciting as it would be if more capacity than the P227.

R&D for AAC
Sigs: 550, 551, 551, 551, 551, 552, P210-6, P210-6, P210-6, P210-5-90, P220, P225, P226, P226N, P228, P228, P229, P232, P232, P232, P232, P239, P245, AMT, SSG-3000,

Posts: 181 | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

That looks oddly backwards to me. I lift index finger first. Doesn't every one?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

No. It looks right by me, but I am not right.

Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

I lift all four fingers, then tap down starting with the little finger and ending with the index.

Anyhoo...In Canada we're only allowed 10 round mags in pistols, so I'm okay with a single stack mag. If the concept takes off, I can see a double-stack version down the road. But will the concept take off? How many of these pistols are going to be produced, and how well will they sell? My fear is that half the run will get snapped up by enthusiasts [like people contributing to this thread] and the rest will sit on the shelves of dealer until they're sold off at a deep discount and Sig chalks up a hard lesson learned...that demand for 10mm pistols looks a mile wide, but is actually just an inch deep.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, of course.

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post