SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm anxious to see the 10mm P220s that Sig will ultimately release through their normal distribution network. So far we've only seen the Lipsey's custom order versions. I'm thinking I want that all black SAO with fixed night sights but I don't know if Sig will build one. And I'm anxious to see the 4.4" models. I got the Signess real bad. Big Grin

Posts: 409 | Registered: November 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GoneBallisticInAlabama:
And I'm anxious to see the 4.4" models. I got the Signess real bad. Big Grin

I'm hoping for some to be released as well, preferably with a DA/SA trigger and fixed night sights. Something to replace the S&W 1076 as an EDC. I'd even go so far as to be interested in one with an alloy frame if it would hold up.

IDPA FANatic

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I can't see why they'd go to the trouble, particularly since I have no idea where one would find magazines that would work. OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a .40 barrel from a 226 would work just fine in one of the 4.4" 10mms.

A good chance that the 10mm magazines would work fine with a .40S&W barrel and rounds. I've got a 10mm 1911 and picked up a .40S&W barrel for it. No problem using the same 10mm Tripp magazines with .40S&W. Have even shot IDPA with that setup and had no problems.

IDPA FANatic

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
preach it.

I'm holding out for the teething issues to subside and for plain jane user models in all stainless with no fancy grips and no adjustable sights (and SAO preferrably).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dl645pro:
quote:
Originally posted by GoneBallisticInAlabama:
And I'm anxious to see the 4.4" models. I got the Signess real bad. Big Grin

I'm hoping for some to be released as well, preferably with a DA/SA trigger and fixed night sights. Something to replace the S&W 1076 as an EDC. I'd even go so far as to be interested in one with an alloy frame if it would hold up.

All this and a bag of chips.

Though I think an alloy frame wouldn't stand up to the abuse. Nor would my wrist.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
*** Sig P220 SAO 10mm Update with Range Report***

I attended a local USPSA match today, and after the match I got out the brand new Sig P220 SAO 10mm and shot about 100 rounds.
Yes, the magazines take a good slap to get them past the magazine catch.
It is reasonably accurate. The best group I shot was about 2 inches at 23 yards shot from the bench.
Zero malfunctions, and the Blazer 200 grain aluminum case ammo is rather weak. Ejected cases are about 6 feet out at four o'clock in a nice neat pile.
The Hornady Custom 180 grain XTP ammo is quite a bit warmer, ejected cases are still at four o'clock, but twice the distance, and still in a neat pile as well.

The bad news: Both types of ammo shot about five inches high with the adjustable rear sight almost bottomed out.
The pistol has a #6 front night sight installed. There were no visible / noticeable differences on impact point at 23 yards with the 10mm being shot benched and two handed standing.
Looks like it will need a taller front sight to get the impact point where it needs to be.
Just for giggles, I shot my USPSA Production Division pistol, a Sig P226 ST 9mm from the same bench and at the same target with the impact point being right on the aiming point.
Other than the front sight height issue, I am very impressed with the Sig P220 SAO 10mm pistol. The slide to frame fit and barrel fit are better / tighter compared to my P226 X-5 Short-n-Smart made in the Mastershop in Germany.
The trigger pull is a bit heavy, but minimal pre-travel & over-travel and perfect for a cold weather medium game hunting pistol which is what I will be using it for.
I will get it shipped out for a taller front sight in a couple weeks.
(see my original post and photos on page 66 of this thread)

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1530 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
So, wouldn't the rear sight blade have to go up to lower the impact point? Because if you raise the rear sight, then you would have to lower the muzzle for the sights to align?

This is the reason I don't want adjustable sights on my pistols. Really, I don't know how these things work because I've always tried to avoid buying pistols with them. I have no formal training on their use and don't read and follow instructions well unless I am forced too. O_o

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Finally got mine to the range - fixed sight DA/SA version. Accuracy was spot on with both Hornady HPs and Remington 180gr ball. Reliability was 100% also. The weight of the gun really soaks up the 10mm better than any other 10mm I've tried. Very happy so far. As for anyone standing about 25' to the back and right, sorry for all the brass impacts. This beast really does it's job when extracting and ejecting that brass!

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
Accuracy was spot on with both Hornady HPs and Remington 180gr ball.

At what range (how many yards), if you don't mind my asking?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
Accuracy was spot on with both Hornady HPs and Remington 180gr ball.

At what range (how many yards), if you don't mind my asking?

I had nice tight groups from 5 yards all the way out to 25 yards. At 25, they were all in the "A" zone circle (about 8" diameter I believe) and centered.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was trying to figure out whether the elevation of the sights you got on the pistol was set for a particular range. Sig's "combat setup" on .45s has thrown me off before.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
So, wouldn't the rear sight blade have to go up to lower the impact point? Because if you raise the rear sight, then you would have to lower the muzzle for the sights to align?

This is the reason I don't want adjustable sights on my pistols. Really, I don't know how these things work because I've always tried to avoid buying pistols with them. I have no formal training on their use and don't read and follow instructions well unless I am forced too. O_o

Raising rear sight will raise point of impact, POI.
Raising front sight will lower POI.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:

Raising rear sight will raise point of impact, POI.
Raising front sight will lower POI.

You can always model this with your hands and fingers.

Make a V for Victory sign with your left hand (RS), and move your right hand a foot in front with one finger raised (FS). Move one hand or the other up and down - watch what happens.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Update on the Sig P220 SAO 10mm.
I called Sig CS yesterday.
After a long discussion with the rep who appeared rather uninformed about Sig front sight heights & stamped ID numbers on the front sights, quickly sent me an email with the shipping label on their dime. 2 to 5 weeks is the quoted turn around time.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1530 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
She is perfect cee_Kamp. Nice pics also and thanks for posting those. BTW sir, talked to Lawrence today. Lucky dude said he got to shoot your new 10. Way cool!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Lee,

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Glock 20 for whacking piggies and having fun but really not feeling it. This was the first Glock that I have purchased and so far I don't really shoot it all that great and haven't really fallen in love with it. I was thinking about selling it to pick up possibly a DW 10mm but that's a steep price jump.

I'm too impatient to wait and see if a Sig 1911 Nightmare 10mm will be released next year. So now I'm asking myself if I should start considering the Sig 220 Nitron SAO 10mm model. Has anyone picked up the Nitron SAO model recently? Do you still have to give it a firm smack to seat the magazine? With regards to the sights, have they been adjusted to allow for proper POI?

Thanks

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig Website has the 220R-10-SSE-SAO pistol for only $519. Better hurry!

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Link?

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is obviously a mistake. Check it out on sigsauer.com.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post