SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It is with the greatest pleasure that I make the first public announcement of SIG-Sauer's intention to produce the P220 in 10mm. The P220 in 10mm has long been a part of the lore of the forum. For years, SIG enthusiasts have dreamed of such a pistol. "It can't be done" or "It's not practical" were the responses to this from some members. In 2007, Bruce Gray took up the challenge.

I think Bruce and I had the same reaction when we heard of SIG's intent to offer the P220 in 10mm. It was startling, entirely unexpected, and delightful. I couldn't stop smiling for about a day and a half. Big Grin We feel a kinship with this project, with Bruce Gray and his very capable crew at Grayguns making the pistol a reality, and with the forum and its members sustaining the legend of Excalibur, until finally it came to pass for the common man. Big Grin

Here's what I can tell you at this point-

Three models will be offered:

• P220 Stainless Elite 10mm, standard length slide and barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger

• P220 Match Elite 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger

• P220 SAO 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, single action only trigger

I want to make something crystal clear: The production of these pistols is not imminent. It's going to be a while. I don't even have pics of prototypes to show you right now, but hopefully, before too long, we'll have some eye candy. Start saving your pennies, but you won't have one of these pistols in your hands for quite some time.

My sincere thanks to SIG-Sauer for allowing SIGforum to make this announcement. If there is any pistol/caliber combination one can associate with this forum, it's the once mythical P220 in 10mm, and it means a lot to me to be the one to break the news.
  •  
    Posts: 107227 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Repressed
    Picture of ShneaSIG
    posted Hide Post
    THINGS GONNA HAPPEN!!! THINGS BE HAPPENIN'!!!

Way cool!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fight, Build, Destroy.
    Sappers Lead the Way!!
    Picture of Zacsquatch
    posted Hide Post
    Before long... A 10mm P320 and P227 too I bet. Big Grin. How could they they not? The p220 slide works on the p227 frame and the p227 45 mags fit in the p250/320 large frame

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Info Guru
    Picture of BamaJeepster
    posted Hide Post
    Wow. That is awesome! Eek Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
    - John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Not as lean, not as mean,
    Still a Marine
    Picture of Gibb
    posted Hide Post
    This might get me into the 10mm game!

And it sounds like I'll have plenty of time to save up for it as well!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posting without pants
    Picture of KevinCW
    posted Hide Post
    Woot

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Unflappable Enginerd
    Picture of stoic-one
    posted Hide Post
    WOW!

About time!

NRA Benefactor
    I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
    http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A free people ought not
    only to be armed, but disciplined
    Picture of prpratt
    posted Hide Post
    This is great news!

Posts: 360 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Top Gun Supply
    posted Hide Post
    On the 8th day, God created 10mm. Cool

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    World Traveler
    Picture of codemaster
    posted Hide Post

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move."

Posts: 6416 | Location: Herding aircraft in Jordan. | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    SIGforum's Indian
    Off the Reservation
    Picture of bigpond73
    posted Hide Post
    Wow, that is amazing news! Definitely worth waiting for. Smile

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of .45ACP
    posted Hide Post
    Wow, that was big Cool

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
    posted Hide Post
    Sweet. But since I already have a couple of P220 SSEs the big questions from me will be: can I do a conversion with my existing frames and, just as important, will SIG offer it as a kit?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Not all who wander
    are lost.
    Picture of JohnV
    posted Hide Post
    Very cool! Thanks for the advanced notice. I think I'll start saving my pennies!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4310 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    :^)
    Picture of BillyBonesNY
    posted Hide Post
    YEAH!!!!!
    Of course, I'd like one without the rail.

Smile
    Wonderful NEWs!!!

And CONGRATS to SigForum!!!

----------------------------------------
    http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ozarks Holster Co.
    Picture of dosborn81
    posted Hide Post
    Excellent news!! This is one I will have to have. Smile

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    This Space for Rent
    Picture of ugeesta
    posted Hide Post
    Wow! I have to get home now to make sure all my kittehs are okay....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
    Sweet. But since I already have a couple of P220 SSEs the big questions from me will be: can I do a conversion with my existing frames and, just as important, will SIG offer it as a kit?
    Conversion kits were not mentioned in my conversation with SIG, nor do I have any information for you about frame dimensions.

Spread the Disease
    Picture of flesheatingvirus
    posted Hide Post
    A stainless P220R in 10mm would be nice.

One from Bruce would be nicer, though. Smile

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17238 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Also, on a personal note, I'd just like to say...

How cool is this, huh? Big Grin