SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine:
quote:
Originally posted by ERock1313:

Did anyone happen to pick up one of the originally spec'd DA/SA Match Elites **WITH** Adjustable sights before they decided mid-production to change to the fixed Night Sights? I handled this version back in June(?) at Cabela's, but had to wait 2 days until payday to pick it up. 2 Days later when I returned, it was gone!! Mad

Was this version a "Unicorn," fluke, or was there a short production run with this original configuration? Does anyone have one of these and more importantly, are you willing to part with it? Wink I know there was one member who did a swap from the Elite SAO to the Match Elite DA/SA to get the Adjustables, but this required an exchange of slides, barrels, some internals etc and more importantly... Another P220 10mm as the Donor with the owner really wanting Fixed Sights/Black Slide.

My reasoning for wanting / needing this configuration:

- This will be a Dual Duty gun for me....EDC & Hunt/Woods Defense.

The Adjustable Sights give me the options for compensating for Ligther "Urban" loads vs. the Heavy Hardcast loads that I would be using in the Woods during various/numerous times throughout the year when my camp is on my back in the WILDerness. The DA/SA would give a little bit more piece of mind, not having to worry about releasing a Safety during those INTENSE encounters. 3 out of the last 4 years I have had Bear encounters under 20 yards with 2 of them in an uncomfortable 10 yards or less with one of those having a Bear "Bluff" charge me this past August (had the S&W 44 Mag just in case) and the other with a Bear that had no intention of moving any farther away from me. Got lucky on both of those accounts. The 44 Mag is obviously PLENTY of gun for the job, but with the over 8.5" barrel, it's weight and size are hardly ideal; though I love the gun.

Did anyone get one of these "Unicorns" or was this the needle in the haystack that may have been a 1 off? If I get the DA/SA Match Elite with Fixed Sights, what are my options as far as changing over to Adjustable Sights or that Sig will offer the configuration as originally advertised? Better yet....if there was a run of these, where can I pick one up?

Any and all Help is appreciated for my 1st SIG FORUM post!

Thanks in Advance....

- Erick

Erick,
I just put one of these on layaway, and I know where there are two remaining. I tried to email you, but no address in your profile.

Alpine -

I haven't been on much, but just saw this post from you...

Just to clarify, was it the DA/SA 2 Tone WITH **Adjustable** sights you were lucky enough to snag, or the version with Fixed sights? I have only seen the one SIG DA/SA originally marketed WITH **Adjustables** - One time...And it was at Cabela's last summer. That DA/SA with the Adjustable seems to be the Unicorn...

All -

I appreciate everyone that keeps an eye out for this, as it is the Version I am really after.

Aside from that...What are some good options for After Market Adjustables for the DA/SA version? My plan for this gun is two fold - Woods defense against big Predators and as Home Defense/EDC. I would be using different ammo choices per application, which is why I want the adjustable and DA/SA in the woods means one less movement/thing to remember at that critical moment of Predator vs Me becoming lunch.

- ERICK

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I appreciate everyone that keeps an eye out for this, as it is the Version I am really after.

Aside from that...What are some good options for After Market Adjustables for the DA/SA version?

- ERICK

Hey Erick,

I think the Elite Dark came with adjustable sights that fit within the fixed sight dovetail for the P220. They can be had, but are scarce. The retrofitting the adjustable sights on the 10mm would require a lot of milling. The firing pin block spring is actually pushing from the underside of the sights and not a part of the slide. I'm not sure they can be added later.

If you happen upon someone who wants the SAO for carry purposes, you can try to get them to swap the complete slide/recoil assembly and have the DS/SA with adjustable sights. I did this almost a year ago and have had no issues thus far.

As far as upgrades go, I was able to swap the G10s for the aluminum grips that came on an Elite Dark. I also added a P-SPIT trigger that I had in a parts box and they work smoother than the factory trigger in my opinion. I had bought the trigger with a few loose pins. It didn't fit any of my other P220s as they are all the older version and this is my only Sig from Exeter.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
VERY INTERESTING......

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Just picked this one up yesterday. Headed to the range in a few hours. Wish me luck!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love those grips, rkentm!

I was able to snag the two-tone DA/SA model a few months ago. Now I'm trying to decide between the nitron SAO or a mid-tier 1911/2011.

Posts: 16 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
As a long-time "1911 guy", I found the SAO to be very natural and super easy to shoot. Tried it with SIG factory 180gr and some handloaded 165gr. Both performed very well, shot very easy and after a little rear sight adjustment, it was spot on! I think I'm gonna love this pistol!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rkentm,

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
How bout dem grips....

Posts: 779 | Registered: July 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dma1
posted Hide Post
Well, I was lucky enough to score this one today and it is configured exactly the way I wanted it to be. Can't wait to try it out.

Posts: 275 | Registered: September 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
NICE GUN...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TACOPS
posted Hide Post
Looking for a P220 10mm DA/SA in California if you know of anyone selling. Target or combat sights.

NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor, California Department of Justice Handgun Safety Certificate Certified Instructor, Utah Department of Public Safety Concealed Firearm Instructor

Posts: 90 | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've got the 'Hunter' version, SAO, adj rear/fiber optic front; Kryptek reptile hide finish.

Fits my hand really good. Seems to like the 165g better than 180 as it groups better a bowling pin distances.

Unable to post photos, sorry.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new Sig P220 Hunter SAO, 10 mm, nice gun, haven't had it out to try it, but I have never been disappointed with any thing from Sig Sauer in the past, this P220, fits and feels great in the hand and points well, it's like my 1911's but different to, the ambi safety is solid and clicks on and off with authority, which I like in a 1911, and the new skin they are using really is awesome looking, I'll let you know how it shoots as soon as I get some time...

Picture of TACOPS
posted Hide Post
This is the exact model I'm looking for P220 10mm, Reverse Two-Tone with the DA/SA and Target sights. If you see this unicorn, please let me know.

TACOPS
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine:
quote:

Did anyone happen to pick up one of the originally spec'd DA/SA Match Elites **WITH** Adjustable sights before they decided mid-production to change to the fixed Night Sights? I handled this version back in June(?) at Cabela's, but had to wait 2 days until payday to pick it up. 2 Days later when I returned, it was gone!! Mad

Was this version a "Unicorn," fluke, or was there a short production run with this original configuration? Does anyone have one of these and more importantly, are you willing to part with it? Wink I know there was one member who did a swap from the Elite SAO to the Match Elite DA/SA to get the Adjustables, but this required an exchange of slides, barrels, some internals etc and more importantly... Another P220 10mm as the Donor with the owner really wanting Fixed Sights/Black Slide.

The Adjustable Sights give me the options for compensating for Ligther "Urban" loads vs. the Heavy Hardcast loads that I would be using in the Woods during various/numerous times throughout the year when my camp is on my back in the WILDerness. The DA/SA would give a little bit more piece of mind, not having to worry about releasing a Safety during those INTENSE encounters. 3 out of the last 4 years I have had Bear encounters under 20 yards with 2 of them in an uncomfortable 10 yards or less with one of those having a Bear "Bluff" charge me this past August (had the S&W 44 Mag just in case) and the other with a Bear that had no intention of moving any farther away from me. Got lucky on both of those accounts. The 44 Mag is obviously PLENTY of gun for the job, but with the over 8.5" barrel, it's weight and size are hardly ideal; though I love the gun.

Did anyone get one of these "Unicorns" or was this the needle in the haystack that may have been a 1 off? If I get the DA/SA Match Elite with Fixed Sights, what are my options as far as changing over to Adjustable Sights or that Sig will offer the configuration as originally advertised? Better yet....if there was a run of these, where can I pick one up?

Thanks in Advance....

- Erick

Erick,
I just put one of these on layaway, and I know where there are two remaining. I tried to email you, but no address in your profile.

Alpine -

I haven't been on much, but just saw this post from you...

Just to clarify, was it the DA/SA 2 Tone WITH **Adjustable** sights you were lucky enough to snag, or the version with Fixed sights? I have only seen the one SIG DA/SA originally marketed WITH **Adjustables** - One time...And it was at Cabela's last summer. That DA/SA with the Adjustable seems to be the Unicorn...

All -

Aside from that...What are some good options for After Market Adjustables for the DA/SA version? My plan for this gun is two fold - Woods defense against big Predators and as Home Defense/EDC. I would be using different ammo choices per application, which is why I want the adjustable and DA/SA in the woods means one less movement/thing to remember at that critical moment of Predator vs Me becoming lunch.

- ERICK

NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor, California Department of Justice Handgun Safety Certificate Certified Instructor, Utah Department of Public Safety Concealed Firearm Instructor

Picture of TACOPS
posted Hide Post
Erick:

Do you or does anyone else know the exact model number of this P220 10mm Reverse two tone with target sights?

I believe the same pistol with combat sights is a 220R5-10-RTAS-MSE.

According to Sig Sauer, they only made the following 10mm models:

220R5-10-BSE-SAO Elite Nitron Sig Night Sights
220R5-10-ESCPN Emperor Scorpion DA/SA Sig Night Sights Flat Dark Earth
220R5-10-GTR Gun Talk Match Elite SAO Target Sights
220R5-10-HP-SAO Hunter Elite Hunter SAO Kryptek
220R5-10-RTAS-MSE Reverse Two-Tone DA/SA Sig Night Sights
220R5-10-SSE-SAO Elite Stainless Only Sig Night Sights

email me if you find one or find the model number.

tia

TACOPS

quote:

Thanks in Advance....

- Erick

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen one like that in the wild. I did happen to trade a few parts around and make the first ever 10mm Frankensig:

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TACOPS
posted Hide Post
So what's that slide from? I was thinking if I can even find the 220R5-10-RTAS-MSE DA/SA Reverse Two-Tone I might be able to order a spare slide from Sig with the target sights for the 10mm. Seems like you've done just that! I like the idea of having 2 slides for the DA/SA 10mm: one for target and one with combat night sights.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
To make a long story short, the slide came from a Nitron 10mm in July of last year.

The DA/SA was one of the first 50 that made it out before the official release. The SAO was one of the first available in the state.

The slides are not freely interchangeable as the block had to be taken out of the frame and swapped also.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Argghh. Well, per the LGS, there are no DA/SA 10mms with fixed rear sights to be had and I'm waiting until November or December for the next batch to come out to see whether that variant will be available. I guess I should've sold a kidney.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Will Fly
For Beer
Picture of Tomster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by macfly:
How bout dem grips....

That's a nice looking 220. Very nice!

Posts: 6021 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.38supersig for your 10mm frankensig, did you take a p220 stainless .45 and swap out the locking block and slide from a 10mm to create a p220 10mm da/sa? The reason I am asking is that I have a p220 .45 elite da/sa and a SAO 10mm. I was thinking about swapping the slides and locking block to give me a da/sa 10mm version. I have an extra Grey Guns adjustable trigger that I am going to install as well. According to their website it will fit all da/sa version of the P220 but not the sao version.

Posts: 100 | Location: Denham Springs, LA | Registered: March 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post