SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ SWEET! Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, they've got DA/SA frames and 5" slides with fixed rear sights - how hard would it be to convince them to combine the two?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sig for revealing "Big Sexy". We all do appreciate it!

Posts: 20 | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Sweet! How does one choose between them? They are all very nice indeed.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who knows what configurations they might offer in the near future? For those of you getting torqued up about not getting the configuration you want, just remember that the fact this is happening at all is marvelous. I imagine we might see some different configurations if you guys yell loudly enough. Wink

Fear not, fellow SIG lovers and fellow 10mm lovers. The future is bright. Be happy.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
..for those of you getting torqued up about not getting the configuration you want, just remember that the fact this is happening at all is marvelous. I imagine we might see some different configurations if you guys yell loudly enough. Wink

Fair enough.
But surely it takes less work to offer a fully stainless pistol than it does to add the extra step of blackening the slide.

Who do we 'yell loudly enough' to? Tried finding a customer service email, but they don't seem to have one readily handily on their website, unless I just missed it. It seems if a large number of folks on this thread (who really, really want a Sig 10mm, but don't want a two-tone or SAO) emailed in they might be convinced to leave out that extra step.

It would make sense that producing a conventional 5" DA/SA in full stainless would be the easiest of all these to make....

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happy that Sig came out with these four 10mm 220s'. I figure if these sell well then I'm sure there will be a 227 version also which I'm really looking forward to. I like all the versions shown. Just can't decide which one I want first!

Take care

Posts: 18 | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I LOVE seeing that 10mm on the barrel!! Woo-hoo!! Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para and Sig for creating some "chin dribble" for us! We all have our preferences: but I'm liking that reverse two-tone! Took Nitron slide off 226 40 and put in on all stainless 226ST. Really liking it: but gun wearing stainless slide on Nitron frame, not so much; but that's what "market segmentation" and
"line extension" is all about!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Shit. I recently decided to get out of 10mm and sold the 2 I had. Eek

Now this.

Glad I kept dies and brass.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
To Sig, Thank you for releasing some pictures to us!

I can't say that a sig with a beaver tail is my favorite but, I WILL buy one of those all nitroned SAO Elites like on the left side of that picture!!!!

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they have short extractors.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pictures got me excited again. The two-tone is not that horrible with the black grips.

Thank you Sig!

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
I am not as upset as TexasRaider, but I have to agree that Sig missed the mark by a country mile. I wanted a plain stainless DA/SA Sig with Fixed sights. Why in hell would they make a reverse two-tone and not offer the natural finish?

I am not even going to discuss the rationale behind a camo finish. That's almost as ridiculous as rainbow.

What process is required to remove the two surface finishes (black & camo)?

Like i said, I will buy one, but I am no longer out of control excited. Sadly, the P220-10 went from: "must have now" to: "when I get around to it".

They didn't miss it by anything. They didn't market 4 brand new variants in light speed just to acquire you as the only customer. I know you've made it to page 35 by now and saw the new offerings. You been sqwakin about a 10 auto for some time now. Perhaps you shpould just get the G20 sinse it's for busting white tails.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jbrody10:
Definitely disappointing when you have such excitement and anticipation for something like this and what they produce doesn't match your expectations.

Yes indeed, off to get your new Glock 20 now. You can post pics in the awsome Glock topic.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we finally got the mythical cupcake we all said would never be baked, and when it becomes reality, we're yelling "I WANTED SPRINKLES ON MINE, DAMMIT!!!!"

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'll take the DA / SA chocolate vanilla swirl Elite goodness please! Thank you SIG, thank you Para, and everyone else involved in helping bring these to us! Cool

I already have a nickname picked out too. Mjölnir aka "Thor's Hammer" Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Plain old black will do just fine, thank you. Any idea of an ETA on these?

I admit I like the stainless Elite too, but that gun's almost too pretty to shoot.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8785 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milliron:
Plain old black will do just fine, thank you. Any idea of an ETA on these?

I admit I like the stainless Elite too, but that gun's almost too pretty to shoot.

*almost*

Woot! I can't wait!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I want that black sao like no other. I'll be saving my overtme money for that. Big Grin

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post