SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by garysubby:

If you had to do it again, would you go with the fixed SIGlites?

Thank you.

The adjustable sights are highly visible and easy to get a sight picture quickly.

I added the adjustable sights to my DA/SA pistol and I am very satisfied with my P220.

The night sights are better for IWB carry, however.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of garysubby
posted Hide Post
Thanks 38supersig! Exactly what I was wondering.

==============
Gary

Posts: 286 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
The adjustable sights are highly visible and easy to get a sight picture quickly.

My eyes strongly disagree with this. I have a difficult time with the sight picture. Maybe if there was a more visible front sight. The adjustable sights combined with the small, hard to see in the daylight night sights seems to be a contradiction. The adjustable sights are not carry freindly, they protrude further out and the sharp corners tear up my forearm with a light cover garment not to mention the printing. I only carry it under heavier clothing.

Do i love my P220? Yes. I'd love it more if I could get the sight corners chamfered and a hi vis front sight.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by garysubby:

If you had to do it again, would you go with the fixed SIGlites?

Thank you.

I added the adjustable sights to my DA/SA pistol and I am very satisfied with my P220.

The night sights are better for IWB carry, however.

I have two with adjustable sights and one with fixed sights. I put Ameriglo front sights on all three. The orange around green nights sight.
I love the results. I also have aging eyes. I pick up the front sight very quickly with this set up. Good luck with your decision.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
Any new options for this in 2016? Is the only DA/SA model still the reverse two-tone? As a long time Sig and 10mm fan, I want to add one to the collection. But I've been disappointed with the available options and have held off until now.

Posts: 616 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alpine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ERock1313:

Did anyone happen to pick up one of the originally spec'd DA/SA Match Elites **WITH** Adjustable sights before they decided mid-production to change to the fixed Night Sights? I handled this version back in June(?) at Cabela's, but had to wait 2 days until payday to pick it up. 2 Days later when I returned, it was gone!! Mad

Was this version a "Unicorn," fluke, or was there a short production run with this original configuration? Does anyone have one of these and more importantly, are you willing to part with it? Wink I know there was one member who did a swap from the Elite SAO to the Match Elite DA/SA to get the Adjustables, but this required an exchange of slides, barrels, some internals etc and more importantly... Another P220 10mm as the Donor with the owner really wanting Fixed Sights/Black Slide.

My reasoning for wanting / needing this configuration:

- This will be a Dual Duty gun for me....EDC & Hunt/Woods Defense.

The Adjustable Sights give me the options for compensating for Ligther "Urban" loads vs. the Heavy Hardcast loads that I would be using in the Woods during various/numerous times throughout the year when my camp is on my back in the WILDerness. The DA/SA would give a little bit more piece of mind, not having to worry about releasing a Safety during those INTENSE encounters. 3 out of the last 4 years I have had Bear encounters under 20 yards with 2 of them in an uncomfortable 10 yards or less with one of those having a Bear "Bluff" charge me this past August (had the S&W 44 Mag just in case) and the other with a Bear that had no intention of moving any farther away from me. Got lucky on both of those accounts. The 44 Mag is obviously PLENTY of gun for the job, but with the over 8.5" barrel, it's weight and size are hardly ideal; though I love the gun.

Did anyone get one of these "Unicorns" or was this the needle in the haystack that may have been a 1 off? If I get the DA/SA Match Elite with Fixed Sights, what are my options as far as changing over to Adjustable Sights or that Sig will offer the configuration as originally advertised? Better yet....if there was a run of these, where can I pick one up?

Any and all Help is appreciated for my 1st SIG FORUM post!

Thanks in Advance....

- Erick

Erick,
I just put one of these on layaway, and I know where there are two remaining. I tried to email you, but no address in your profile.

----------------------------------------

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

George Carlin

Posts: 908 | Location: Colorado, and as far away from Denver as I can get. | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Has anyone opened the new American Rifleman to page 56... and 57. It is better than a centerfold.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mwah-hah-ahahahaah - Got it. Shoots great too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
Has anyone opened the new American Rifleman to page 56... and 57. It is better than a centerfold.

A good article, but ironically about the least common model (it seems). I still wonder how many people bought 10mm P220s for hunting.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

Nice! That's the first one I have seen without the two tone finish. Like the adjustable sights too.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

Nice! That's the first one I have seen without the two tone finish. Like the adjustable sights too.

Thank you! I was afraid Nitron would be out-of-stock but I found this one in Fort Collins. I wasn't fond of the plain stainless or the Kryptek.

I like the big green dot front sight. I'm going to get the corners on the rear sight rounded so they don't poke my arm when the gun is in the holster.

I have a guy who will make me leather and Kydex holsters too, I'll post pix of those as I get them.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
still wonder how many people bought 10mm P220s for hunting.

count me in for "1".............

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran around 100 rounds of reloads and factory through it today.

Para - thank you for your Underwood thread, I picked up some of their ammo and it is really nice to shoot.

posted Hide Post
I have been beating the bushes trying to find one of these pistols. I know there is one on a dealers shelf just waiting for a good loving home! At this point I will take anything with adjustable sights even though a Stainless Elite is my target find. Anybody have a lead on a homeless 10mm Sig 220 SAO with adjustable sights?

------------
nitehawk

Posts: 54 | Location: W Central IN | Registered: June 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I haven't been keeping up lately.

Did they ever release a plain stainless model with fixed sights?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nitehawk:
I have been beating the bushes trying to find one of these pistols. I know there is one on a dealers shelf just waiting for a good loving home! At this point I will take anything with adjustable sights even though a Stainless Elite is my target find. Anybody have a lead on a homeless 10mm Sig 220 SAO with adjustable sights?

A couple of places in Fort Collins might have one, Rocky Mountain Shooters Supply or Liberty Arms.

Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nitehawk:

Hope this helps: http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=553543488

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips folks. I ended up grabbing one from Gunbroker. Now awaiting it's arrival.

------------
nitehawk

Posts: 54 | Location: W Central IN | Registered: June 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a difference between the 10mm Hunter and the 10mm Stainless Elite? The Hunter does not have the word "Elite" stamped on it. The part numbers are 220R5-10-HP-SAO vs 220-10-SSE-SAO. I thought the hunter was a stainless steel elite with the only difference being the camo dip pattern?? Thanks

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I haven't been keeping up lately.

Did they ever release a plain stainless model with fixed sights?

I also wait... or all black... Hey, how about a
legend in 10mm!!! That would be the bomb.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post