SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Now that's what I call a deal. I'll take it.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Dayng!!

$519, plus $35 shipping, plus $10 transfer fee...

I should shop around more...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Anyone find a dealer with that actual price?

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That price is an error. The three 10mm models were added to the website very recently(Friday maybe?). I expect you will see it corrected quickly.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, it went up to $1461.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The October 2015 issue of Guns&Ammo magazine, on newstands now, has an article about the P220 10mm. It begins:
quote:
For years, 10mm devotees have been calling upon SIG-Sauer to produce its popular full-size classic in the formidable round that's been subject of much debate over the last 30 years.

Guess who? Cool

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Para, did you get a honorable mention in the article? Did they mention Sig Forum? That would be awesome and I'd go buy a couple copies.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't expect for this forum to be mentioned directly, but I didn't see mention of Bruce Gray, who is the Alpha and the Omega of the 10x25mm chambering of the P220. That's the real omission of the article. There are several dozen 10mm P220 pistols out there, courtesy of Mister Gray and company, and some of them have been around 8 years now. I just cannot see the production P220 in 10mm coming about if it had not been for Bruce and Grayguns proving this platform could be made to function with this cartridge.
This is not intended as a sleight against the very capable and talented engineering staff at SIG-Sauer, but R&D had already been done by Grayguns, with pistols in the field proven reliable, and I think this may have compelled SIG to invest the time and money in developing their version of the 10mm P220. Otherwise, we might still be joking about the mythical 10mm 220, instead of deciding which configuration we'd like to own.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is a huge short coming on their part Para. It is typical of the pace of business, gun magazines and gun writers. I have seen this in times past in the firearms industry. If it never comes to light then only a small field would ever know or discover someday the real history behind the pistols development. Perhaps a share of dings from our 81,000 Members would remind those concerned of dancing with the one what brung you.

Every time I see something posted here showing Mr Gray with his pistols and big smile, I take pleasure as one day we will not have him.

Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
*** My SIG P220 SAO 10mm back from Exeter***

My 10mm arrived today back from Exeter. After some initial confusion about accuracy vs impact point on the target it appears the short front sight issue is resolved. Sig replaced the #6 front night sight with a different taller night sight from a different platform.

"Gunsmith comments off the paperwork below"

1. Inspected the pistol.
2. Installed an Tall front night sight used with another adjustable sight kit.
3. Function checked.
4. Test fired and targeted @ 25 yards and shoots within a deer heart sized group or within 2.5 inch spread.

And the 10mm came back from Exeter with a test target and the rear sight capable of elevation adjustment, it's not bottomed out anymore.

So this weekend a quick trip to the range to verify, and in two weekends the Sig P220 SAO 10mm will be going black bear hunting!

If I can shoot it as good as the Gunsmith at Sig did then my "Customer Service" experience was GREAT!
The turnaround time was about two weeks, including both directions shipping and the Labor Day Holiday weekend.

See my previous posts about this 10mm pistol along with photos on page 66 & 67 of this thread.

Edited: Removed dead photobucket links.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cee_Kamp,

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never did read about it happening. Is Mr. Gray carrying a Sig 10 MM?

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:

Hiya!

I wish, but I haven't received mine yet. I'm anxiously awaiting it!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Para, David, thank you for thinking of me, and of my Crew here. Humbled.

I'm very proud of the work we did to pioneer the P220 10mm (and of our great customers who trusted us with this and hung in to eventual success despite all manner of challenges), just as our friends at SIG should be very justifiably proud of their efforts to bring this to mass production. They deserve their day in the sun.

David, another bright day is coming for us as well, and perhaps many more. God has been incredibly generous to me and to those I've been so fortunate to be associated with. I'm not going anywhere too soon. When I do, I will enjoy for eternity the full measure of that glimpse of his light which God has seen fit to shine upon me for a few moments here.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Bless you sir. You have many years of enjoyable shooting and, much gun work to do. As time and money allow me to play some, I want some Sig and H&K work done.

Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:

Hiya!

I wish, but I haven't received mine yet. I'm anxiously awaiting it!

-Bruce

Somehow there is something wrong about the Father of the Sig220 10MM not getting his yet. I think Sig needs to correct this.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone make a stainless guide rod for the 10 MM SAO 5" stainless model? Not sure why I want one but all my other sigs have them.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone make a stainless guide rod for the 10 MM SAO 5" stainless model? Not sure why I want one but all my other sigs have them.

I don't know if we will see one anytime soon.

The 10mm guide rod is a captured design. You'll need an open end wrench and a right (90 degree) spanner to take yours apart to get the spring off.

The guide rod that comes in the 10mm is a solid rod, I don't think you would be adding or losing any weight swapping them.

You'd have your funds better spent on a P-SPIT trigger.

But then again, I also had to have the aluminum grips, so this may be just a personal preference.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Super, all my Sigs have aluminum grips. On the guide rod, knew about the captured spring. Just prefer stainless, easier to see the lube on it.

Don't know anything about a "P-SPLIT" trigger.

Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Couldn't take it any longer, I just bought a stainless elite off of Gun Broker. My 5th 10mm.
Smile

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
*** 2nd Sig P220 SAO 10mm Update with Range Report***
I just returned from the range.
The new Sig P220 10mm SAO now shoots to point of aim! I had to do a minor elevation adjustment due to SIG using 200 grain ammo for sight in after they replaced the original front night sight with a taller front night sight.
I'm using 180 grain ammo and the elevation adjustment screw needed about half a turn.
And I still have available adjustment range on the click adjustable rear sight in both directions.
So it appears the new front night sight height is a good match to the rear sight.
So this coming weekend it's off to the North woods for early black bear season!
I also sent an email to SIG customer service requesting the part number of the new taller front night sight in case I ever need to replace it in the future.
SIG CS did a nice job resolving my issue!
See my posts & pictures about this pistol on pages 66, 67, & 68 in this thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cee_Kamp,

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post