SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Sorry, that link didn't come out as well as I hoped.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Since mine is a SAO I don't know that their packages are going to help me much or even apply.

I wish I could find a good smith locally that knows Sigs and their SAO. I've talked with a couple about my P220 Carry and tuning that trigger up a bit and I could tell they didn't know jack shit about it. 1911 and DA/SA triggers - maybe, but not the SAO. I really don't want to ship the damn thing either, either one of them for that matter.

I'll have to get a P220 family photo this weekend.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My stainless Elite showed up yesterday. It's a sweet looking gun. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

I'd like to have some trigger work done on it. It's not bad, but not impressive.

This was one of the deciding factor for me when I cancelled my first order.

The short reset trigger on the DA/SA is fantastic.

I like it so much I put one in most all my P220s.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peanut, that is gorgeous!! Sure would like nice with the rest of my SSE family. Big Grin

Posts: 409 | Registered: November 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice, sir ! ! ! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Beautiful! What does something like that run?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words! email sent

posted Hide Post
Holster pricing for me too!! Please?

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot me some pricing on the holster too.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Saw the single action at sportsmans for $1219 today......

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Very nice holster. I'd like to have one too. I sure the decocker of my DA/SA wouldn't interfere with your holster.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Going kinda off topic, but has anyone compared a P220 10mm with a Grayguns 10mm yet?

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the Match Elite in Reverse two-tone with Siglite night sights. Getting some damn grease next. Big Grin

I'm interested in the holster pricing also.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Very cool

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Sig P220 SAO 10mm yesterday. I headed to the range today and did some shooting at 25 yards (at the bench and a sandbag to support the butt). The wind was blowing hard from 6:00, so the target, even sandbagged, was rocking some. In spite of less than ideal conditions I was very impressed with the results. I shot some 200 grain Blazer and a few rounds of 200 grain advertised at 1,200 fps. Once I was zeroed I shot 1 1/2" groups and slightly better. I'll shoot again this week in better weather and see what happens. I'm expecting improved results. I also have some of the new Federal 180 grain bonded I plan to try. Overall opinion is that I'm a happy camper and the pistol is a keeper for certain. The only feature I plan to spend a little money on is the trigger. I realize that it will never be a 1911 trigger, but there is some room for improvement. However, it ain't "bad" the way it is. You simply can't go wrong with this pistol if you like the 10mm cartridge. I'm convinced that the input from Bruce Gray helped the factory "get it right" the first time.

Posts: 160 | Location: Los Lunas, NM | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice the 220 10MM in DA/SA has disappeared off GunBroker for the last couple of weeks and all that comes up on Search are the SAO versions? Not sure what that means, but I'm sure glad I got mine in DA/SA when I did. None in the stores around here.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
Anyone else notice the 220 10MM in DA/SA has disappeared off GunBroker for the last couple of weeks and all that comes up on Search are the SAO versions? Not sure what that means, but I'm sure glad I got mine in DA/SA when I did. None in the stores around here.

From this thread I understand that the ones that have appeared so far are Lipsey's special editions and that Lipsey's was supposed to have an exclusive for six months. However, there were 50 SA/DA that came out and were shipped directly from SIG to SIG stocking dealer. I believe mine was one of those.

So, perhaps the DA/SAs that have hit the streets were some of those 50, or perhaps Lipsey's has a limited production of each of their special models and the DA/SAs are sold out. Perhaps SIG is just producing them in smaller numbers. Perhaps they are working on fixing the magazine catch or any other initial wrinkles. It's hard to know when there is so little information available of a reliable nature. It seems to be rumor, innuendo and bits and pieces of infomation that comes out in posts from sources who have a reason to know something.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:

I've noticed that as well but also came across the DA/SA SIG being listed at Cabela's (http://www.cabelas.com/product/SIG-Sauerreg-P220-10mm-Pistol/2002955.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3D10mm%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=10mm).

IDPA FANatic

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post