SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I spent some time with my gun today and I really enjoy shooting it!

I have been listening to the hype of the "mighty 10" for a while...

I have a Match Elite that I compare against and they look pretty similar, feel on the 10 is a bit heavier.

Racking the slide is a bit of a job due to the springs being stiffer, but the night sights don't snag on my fingers like the target sights on the 45. This is good.

The magazine springs are a bit stiffer and require a decent push to load the 6-7-8 rounds but they get in there ok.

The magazine it self does take a bump to set, but once the mag. is loaded with the cartridges it seems to set a bit easier, the extra weight helps. There seem to be people fussing about it, but really no big deal.

Sighting is something I have to get used to. The front sight has to cover the point of impact. I prefer to float the bulls eye just over the sight and I end up shooting low. I will mount some adjustable sights and I will be fine. I was saddened when they swapped those out, but I get why. I'll make a change and I will be happy. I wish all my life issues could be solved for less then a 1oo bucks

I started with some 180 flat nose American Eagles and found them to be really smooth, I swapped with my friends 9mm and found them to really be about the same. Soft and easy to deal with, clearly American Eagle is not a full power load. My friend agreed. I knew the AE was going to be soft and I could shoot this all day. My 45 with +P's hit much harder than this combo.

So having planned ahead I loaded some Buffalo Bore 180 JHP 1350's and squeezed the first off... well somewhere a kitten trembled but this is also a manageable round. I mean it hits pretty good and is a bit snappier than the +P's in the 45. But it doesn't run me over. I like shooting this.

Brass exits at a very high rate of speed bounces off the screen and seems to just disappear. I did find them and they were grouped in a pretty tight area. I thought this was a good thing, to find them together. Somewhere, something I was doing was consistent

I find shooting my Ruger LCP with a Buffalo Bore 100gr +P to be a more "harsh" combo, but I swap to a revolver grip on that gun to manage the muzzle flip-recoil. This combo has much more wrist snap than the 10mm

It is clearly set up to manage full power ( Assuming Buffalo Bore is! ) I did not chrono any of the rounds I fired, I just wanted to enjoy my very first 10 mm rounds. I will get back to the range next week and clock all my rounds and see what the speeds really are. Then start building my reloads!

Over all I find this to be solid and smooth not overly snappy and a really great gun to fire. I am glad it doesn't scare me or push me around.

This is a great addition to my 45 and I am super pleased that this became a reality!

To all that were involved in making this happen I thank you for your efforts

I will spend many years enjoying the results of your efforts.

Cool

Posts: 206 | Location: CT. | Registered: March 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
American Eagle appears to be in the 1050 fps realm.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New here...but this thread is the way I found out about the GT20. I ordered it from Drurys gun shop as well. Drurys got about 163 of them in (in the first batch). I am in the second batch category. I have been calling them for updates regularly. It seems the second batch was to be shipped from SIG today. So, hopefully Tuesday they will get them turned around and shipped out to the rest of us. In my discussions with Cynthia (Drurys), I inquired about the SIG promo for the month (free gun bag and two mags). She advised that she has an email from the VP of Sales at SIG saying that they will honor this promo due to their late delivery. (I read in this thread where some were thinking they wouldn't get it) It will be nice to have this from SIG since their mags are not cheap and I like to have few extra at the range. Anyway just wanted to let you all know...

Thanks,
Steve

slingshots are my favorite

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yes free mags and bag. Sucks I bought mine 3 days before the offer started.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I'm going to call Sig on Monday to see if a conversion is possible from the 220 Match Elite in .45 to the new 220 in 10mm and also ask if they will be offering one. Please, please, please please, say yes SIG.

"It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."

Posts: 18 | Registered: October 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smittydog:

(I read in this thread where some were thinking they wouldn't get it)

Yup, At least they got to collect interest on the deposits. The lack of information was astounding.

For a while I thought it was a scam as it took me three months to hear.... nothing.

At least Tom was able to show one off in March. The VP of Sales at SIG needs to keep the dealers more informed.

The whole thing appeared to be a joke. I was later distracted by an X-Six. Big Grin

They could learn a lot from people like Clyde Sansom.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Nice review T-Bohn. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

I was thrilled to be able to write this.

I have been here a little while and don't find that I am able to contribute very much on this site...

The knowledge base here is very deep. When I do know what I am talking about, I usually find someone else has summed it about as well or better than I could, so I stay quite.

But having gotten my 10 and owning 2 other Sigs, I thought my insights may be of value to others waiting for their guns or sitting on the fence to hear the reviews before buying.

It's a good gun guys go get one!!

Posts: 206 | Location: CT. | Registered: March 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Yes, thank you T-Bohn.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Things are happening Cool

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Call me a disgraceful sinner and degenerate, but is there a .40/.357 conversion barrel available for this gun yet? That would push me over the edge instead of waiting a bit.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
^^^ No is the short answer. I'm amazed at all of the people asking if numerous different variations are available for this pistol yet while many of us have still yet to receive the original configurations Sig released. gotta give it some time, let them get settled and the sprinkles will flow.

That (.40/.357 conversion) sounds like more of a Grayguns or Barsto thing which even that will probably be a ways down the road, if at all.

posted Hide Post
My ffl told me that the all stainless sao model is getting shipped now. Anyone else hear this?

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
My ffl told me that the all stainless sao model is getting shipped now. Anyone else hear this?

If Gunbroker is any indication, I'd say they are shipping. There are several for sale there. Although, none of the ads have actual pictures, only stock pictures.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:

If Gunbroker is any indication, I'd say they are shipping. There are several for sale there. Although, none of the ads have actual pictures, only stock pictures.

One appeared today with a picture:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=487520328

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
quote:
quote:

Looks like a stock photo to me

————————————————

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Went to the range again today. Girded up my loins to shoot the Norma Hollow Points I have from way, way back. Here is the initial target. It's at 25 yards free hand. I was a little concerned about the ammunition and didn't want to do anything to the gun. I wasn't sure I trusted the ammo. I have another 20 round stick I might shoot later.

Listed at 1300 ft/s and 636 ft. lbs. 170 grs bullet.
Armscor at 1150 f/s. and 529 ft. lbs. 180 grs bullet. (shot some of this too)

There were several rounds in the Norma stick that, while not squibs, definitely did not feel the same as the others. The stick was 20 rounds. I count 17 rounds on paper. I tend to shoot to the left. I discovered today part of what I'm doing and it seems to be mostly trigger control. I haven't been out shooting for a while and I needed to settle down. These were the first rounds out of the gun today, and the first gun I shot today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Here are two magazines of .45ACP out of my SIG 1911 Super Target. This is without the Nill Target grips that came with the gun. It is wearing some "Sarge's" smooth grips right now. This is also 25 yards free hand.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
quote:
quote:

I took this to be a stock photo and not a photo of the actual gun they have in hand for sale. The others that appear on GB use the same photo and are different sellers.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:

Things are happening Cool