SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It's pretty cool that sigforum got the exclusive announcement, thank you Sig.

I have been waiting for the chance to break this out again:

Was looking for that post with a sample of the Kryptic camo finish. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post

*THAT* pistol in DA/SA would truly be, The Great White Buffalo...

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Have info on non Lipsey P220-10. SAO Match Elite Kryptic Camo Kryptec coated all stainless slide and frame, front cocking serrations, Black G10 Pirhana grips, Siglite rear night sight (looks fixed) and Tru-Glo TFO front sights
(have used both front and rear TFO on personal Glocks last couple of years and local customers who used mine, loved them and ordered them. Unlike Equinox with exposed fiber optic tube, TFO can't be "bumped and broken" like other fiber optic, as tubes are buried in metal; but allows light to enter from front or above and brightest tritium I've seen in rear, which will apply to Sig front TFO, making it significantly brighter than Siglite rear, easy pickup of front! Confidential info on what I was sent; plus my poor computer skills prevent me from posting actual pic; but it is a sort of darker FDE camo which looks great IMHO: but before I saw it, was prepared not to like it! MAP is
$1349.99: but should expect them to sell for a minimum of MSRP, even above for awhile!

Just coincidently I'm sure, release date is April 1!

camo = facepalm.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:

+1

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Whatever is one step up from The Great White Buffalo is, that's it right there just as it is in SAO. CAN'T WAIT for mine to arrive.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite dead yet?
Picture of TxMark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:

+1

+ 2

Mark

half this nation is permanently sucking on the big free tit or just plain out of their liberal twisted minds.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
So, it looks like the reverse two tone is the only one with adjustable target sights, all the rest of the configurations have SIGlite night sights. The one in the pictures just above which is labeled "Match Elite" doesn't have the target sights.

This is what I find frustrating about the way SIG introduces models. It's hard to find out just how they will be configured and if you order one, you can never be absolutely sure what you are going to get. What is on the site doesn't necessarily conform to what is being shipped and what is shipped can change.

The reason it's important is that I would prefer to wait until the model I really want is out, but not knowing how they are putting them out in terms of configuration, it's difficult to do that. If I had the case, I'd buy one of each, but that's not likely to happen.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Host, Tom Gresham's
Gun Talk
posted Hide Post
Headed to the range this morning with the GT20. We'll shoot video and post it next week. I grabbed this with the iPhone yesterday, just for fun.

http://vimeo.com/user5076291/r...120755998/f1d46ac3d6

Posts: 25 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Gresham:

Headed to the range this morning with the GT20.

I can hardly wait for my turn to say something like this...

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
At this point, I'm with SIGWolf. It'll be some time before I find out whether what I want is even going to be available and I wish that weren't so.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by dwp10mm:
I never imagined that they would have ignored their classic DA/SA action on the initial release.

<snip>

But for them to so ignore their classic action is very disappointing. .

dwp10mm

He would ignore his sprinkles

Our friends at SIG Sauer could have just ignored the whole project. That they didn't, and have accomplished this feat of engineering for us, is to be rewarded with the high praise it deserves, and not diminished over disappointment because one's personal and peculiar cosmetic desires weren't immediately fulfilled by our friends at SIG Sauer who have multiple thousands of orders to fill.

I ask that we get real and be happy for what they have accomplished, and look forward to even more cool versions to come.

Like I said before, some of you act like the guy who wishes Carmen Diaz looked like Jennifer Lopez.

-Bruce

I'm excited they are putting it out in 5" version like the Match Elite .45ACP.

I can wait for the "full" size or a carry size.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Members in Tampa, I just went to Shooter's World and asked if they were getting any of these in. They said they were getting some in and did not take pre-orders. First come first served when they arrive.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Host, Tom Gresham's
Gun Talk
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, it looks like the reverse two tone is the only one with adjustable target sights, all the rest of the configurations have SIGlite night sights. The one in the pictures just above which is labeled "Match Elite" doesn't have the target sights.

The GT20 version has adjustable target sights and SAO trigger.

Bruce Gray will be a guest on Gun Talk radio today (Sunday, March 1). We'll be talking about the 10mm P220 project, the P320, parts, etc. To find a station near you (or one which streams) -- www.guntalk.com/listen. Live from 2:06 til 5:00pm Eastern. Downloadable after the show through iTunes, etc. Or www.guntalk.libsyn.com.

Feel free to call the show. 1-866-825-5486 (1-TOM-TALK-GUN)

Posts: 25 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to wait for the configuration I want-a basic 220 DA/SA-rather than buying something I don't. I suspect it will be along shortly.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gcw16:
On Lipsey's website it shows the reverse 2 tone with fixed sights and in the description it says Siglite night sights, not the adjustable sights as pictured here.
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdet...emno=SI220R510RTASMS

This is the one I want!!

Posts: 409 | Registered: November 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's another variant, which will be available for general release to all distributors and the limited number of dealers still direct with SIG.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Kryptec camo, it is a bit wild now.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, if that's the camo version then that ain't bad.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Well, if that's the camo version then that ain't bad.

Bit of any interesting choice for a first release gun.
Still happy with my reverse two tone preorder.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Targeting the 10MM hunting crowd I'm sure. Though that's not me, I'm sure there are plenty out there. I've had more than one person ask me if I was going hunting with it when I told them I have one coming.

The sights baffle me a bit though, at least the rear. Would that be a hunting sight setup?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post