SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's an idea, guys- how 'bout we just cool it with the lamentations over an asking price that's not even certain at this point? At this time, no one here knows what will be the actual street price of these pistols. Wouldn't you say we're getting ahead of ourselves?
Let's come back down to planet Earth and see if we can regain our perspective. It's remarkable that SIG-Sauer is going to produce this pistol at all. First things first, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
... At this time, no one here knows what will be the actual street price of these pistols...

One thing I find entertaining is the price speculation...
It was a two or three years ago I remember people were raising all kinds of sand about the North American Arms Ranger being way overpriced at $495 or so.
I found one at the time and the craftsmanship made it feel similar to a smooth .22Magnum stainless steel Swiss watch so I bought one and thought 'Dang, this thing is cool!'.
I couldn't bring myself to shoot it so it remains unfired (okay, after the factory test round) to this day. Now I rarely see one actually sell under $2500.
Anyone who has worked a Magnum Eagle can tell you the same thing.
If it is well made with skilled craftsmanship it is bound be worth more. If price was the only issue I had, I'd buy myself a Raven.
I'd have to wait to decide if the price is justified after the finished pistol has presented itself, not just some random ad or...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .38supersig,

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Agreed. It looks like the MSRP listed is for the Elite SAO (still wondering what ROMEO MRD means). Also, the Stainless P220, to my knowledge, hasn't been offered before has it? Hopefully, that will be available in .45 as well.

And for comparison's sake, the MSRP on the Elite Stainless and Match Elite are listed as $1,396 and $1,368. $500 more for the 10mm upgrade isn't bad.

So what's the thinking for the 5" Match Elite and the 4.4" Elite Stainless? Big Grin

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
(still wondering what ROMEO MRD means)

ROMEO means that we are going to love it.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bruce, you and I agree on many things. This is how I know you're a wise man. Wink

And I would say the same thing. Big Grin

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
$1700 would require it to be built to a considerably higher standard than a normal SIG, IMO.

Now, if it was fitted as well as some of the West German ones I've handled, I could see a street price of $1300 or so.

STIs product quality has become quite good - and Les Baers aren't too far off that $1700 price.

I just hope it's fitted better than some of the West German SIG's I've actually worked on. Yes, on balance these were great pistols, but not without fault and variance. They perhaps look infallible when compared to some of the less stellar examples coming from both Germany and Exeter before the modern era of SIG Sauer. Fair enough

Honestly, today's SIG Sauer is making excellent stuff. We simply do not see significant issues with current production. One indicator of customer satisfaction? Our SIG action work backlog is about 25% off where it was at the height of the Great Democratic Recession. The constant wistful harking back to a time that never was is fatiguing for those of us who are elbow-deep in the things. Some of the roughest, stiffest SIG actions can be found on West German guns. And a few of the nicest.

This new P220-10 shall be worth every dime at retail, whatever that may be.

Like I said the other day: If you don't believe me, go make one yourself. I know something about this, and I can't wait for mine.

By Elvis, I repeat my sacred oath to carry the thing.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
(still wondering what ROMEO MRD means)

ROMEO means that we are going to love it.

[whine]...but I want the Juliet, and I want it...

[/whine]

quote:
Our SIG action work backlog is about 25% off where it was at the height of the Great Democratic Recession.

Serious time again, but what is the wait time looking like?

Still holding out that I can switch slides and have a 45/10mm...

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see a run of stainless .38 Supers and/or 9mms to come after this. Then they would have 9, 10 and 11mm pistols or .38, .40 and .45 caliber Stainless P220s, depending on your chosen measurement system. Big Grin

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
By Elvis, I repeat my sacred oath to carry the thing.
You heard him. We're all witnesses.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Bruce, I know it's still early on, but have you heard anything about the possibility of a 5" model with a fixed rear sight?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Bruce, I know it's still early on, but have you heard anything about the possibility of a 5" model with a fixed rear sight?

In the first post it says:

quote:
Three models will be offered:

P220 Stainless Elite 10mm, standard length slide and barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger

P220 Match Elite 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger

P220 SAO 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, single action only trigger

Doesn't the Stainless Elite have fixed rear sights on a 5" barrel?

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is exciting news! The 220 platform in all steel should be robust enought for the 10mm,it will be interesting to see what type of recoil spring system the Sig engineering team comes up with,maybe a captive spring system like the HK-USP,or a triple spring system with a built in buffer system?
Cool and exciting news,Thankyou,Para.

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope that Match Elite has adjustable sights?
That SAO version is making my heart skip a beat.....or does my pacemaker need a tune-up? Just kidding, only health issue is my back.

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doesn't the Stainless Elite have fixed rear sights on a 5" barrel?

I don't believe so. The Stainless Elite listed above has the regular 4.4" barrel.

There's supposed to be a fixed sight that can fit into the cut in the slide made for the adjustable sight for 5" 220s. As far as I know, though, the only 5" 220/226-type pistols Sig has made with fixed rear sights were a limited run of 220 Matches and the X-5 Tactical. I'm hoping a 5" slide with a standard fixed rear sight and standard fixed-rear-sight dovetail cut will be an option at some point.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm so Freaking Excited Big Grin

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey, I read that first post also, to me it looked like this;

quote:

Three models will be offered:

• P220 Blah, Blah, something or another

• P220 Hypothetically I may consider... uhoh wait a minute

• P220 *** SAO 10mm, *** stainless, Eek long slide, Wink 5" barrel, single action only trigger Big Grin

•  
    Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Loves His Wife
    Picture of BRL
    posted Hide Post
    Big Grin

That's EXACTLY how I read it too Big Grin

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Normality Contraindicated
    Picture of italia
    posted Hide Post
    This whole 10mm P220 thing is really problematic. How am I supposed to keep saving for a P210 now?

------------------------------------------------------
    Though we choose between reality and madness
    It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    10mm is The
    Boom of Doom
    Picture of Fenris
    posted Hide Post
    Is Xmas here yet?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    10mm is The
    Boom of Doom
    Picture of Fenris
    posted Hide Post
    OK. Xmas has come and gone. And I found no P220/10mm in either my stocking nor under the tree.

Frown

Maybe for Orthodox Xmas.