SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I think 1200 is fair if the pistol has the quality I'm anticipating. I just hope they get it right before they ship, instead of using initial shipments as their test animals. In either case, I'll buy when I know the bugs have been worked out, which I hope is a shorter cycle, the shorter the better. Imagine the 10mm, you can take down Superman with it, you can even spit in the wind.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Me thinks ROMEO = Rail

hey, there's a guy's got his thinking cap on!

Phonetics...would have never made the connection.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
SIG-Sauer will sell every one of these pistols they produce. Don't like the price? Don't buy it.
oh I agree, on all accounts.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
Here is the first add I've seen for one. This will be too expensive for me.

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...0+10mm#page=0&top=1&

Getting closer.....

The excitement is killing me!!!

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott1970:
I know of at least one LEO who has expressed intentions of securing one of these through the police discount in order to flip it on gunbroker. We got into a argument after I told him that would be a jerk move. It went downhill from there.

great, yet another dishonorable LEO making it hard(er) to trust the good ones.

thank you for being a stand up guy and telling the cheating, lying, rule breaker the truth.

I wonder, what sort of real trouble could they get into for it? I doubt it's illegal, but it's surely against both the rules of the discount program and perhaps department policy.

anyway, thanks again for being honest.

/drift

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Crimson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I wonder, what sort of real trouble could they get into for it? I doubt it's illegal, but it's surely against both the rules of the discount program and perhaps department policy.

Unless he has an FFL, it is absolutely illegal to buy a weapon with the expressed intention to sell it to someone else. Perhaps going through an FFL to sell it not illegal, but not not-fucked-up.

"Why is self-control, autonomy, such a threat to authority? Because the person who controls himself, who is his own master, has no need for an authority to be his master. This, then, renders authority unemployed. What is he to do if he cannot control others? To be sure, he could mind his own business. But this is a fatuous answer, for those who are satisfied to mind their own business do not aspire to become authorities."

Posts: 1728 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Crimson:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Unless he has an FFL, it is absolutely illegal to buy a weapon with the expressed intention to sell it to someone else. Perhaps going through an FFL to sell it not illegal, but not not-fucked-up.

"One-time" for-profit sale is not illegal.

Doing it as a livelihood without a license is.

The fact that the buyer already has a job and is only buying one means he probably will not be prosecuted.

Yeah it is kind of an asshole move, but not illegal. It might violate the first question on the 4473, but unless the LEO buyer has another buyer to buy the gun from him (the LEO), on paper, it would be a hard case to press.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I really doubt that $1700 is for one of those models mentioned on Pg 1. However, $1,200-$1,400 isn't unreasonable for a 5" Stainless 10mm.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Until I see an official MAP from someone I trust, that $1700 is as meaningless as the $90,000 first delivery marked up Corvette Stingray to me.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I really doubt that $1700 is for one of those models mentioned on Pg 1. However, $1,200-$1,400 isn't unreasonable for a 5" Stainless 10mm.

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Until I see an official MAP from someone I trust, that $1700 is as meaningless as the $90,000 first delivery marked up Corvette Stingray to me.

If you look at one of my earlier posts on pg30, there's one dealer already showing $1440 street price.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The price we posted is Sig's MSRP price. We post MSRP pricing and display that for unreleased products and then when we receive inventory for sale we re-evaluate. We use MSRP pricing initially as it keeps Sig happy.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OsageCountyGuns:
quote:

The price we posted is Sig's MSRP price. We post MSRP pricing and display that for unreleased products and then when we receive inventory for sale we re-evaluate. We use MSRP pricing initially as it keeps Sig happy.

So Sig has given MSRP for the SAO. How about the other models?

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And please tell me there are other 5" models.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You guys seem anxious. I can see that we've created a frenzy.

My work here is done. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You guys seem anxious. I can see that we've created a frenzy.

My work here is done. Razz

Well played. Can't wait to get mine

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
I'm actually a bit surprised that the MSRP on the SAO P220-10 is less than $1900, considering that this is an entirely new limited-production pistol that required a lot of engineering and unique components.

$1770 is cheap.

If you disagree, I invite you to go try and build one yourself. Wink

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bruce, you and I agree on many things. This is how I know you're a wise man. Wink

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
I'm actually a bit surprised that the MSRP on the SAO P220-10 is less than $1900, considering that this is an entirely new limited-production pistol that required a lot of engineering and unique components.

$1770 is cheap.

If you disagree, I invite you to go try and build one yourself. Wink

-Bruce

So you don't anticipate that the 10mm will be a staple in their lineup or am I interpreting that wrong?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott1970:
Maybe the absurd $1770 is nothing more than the usual inflated MSRP price. That would be a start.

Wow...I sure hope so. I'll be paying for mine with the currently anemic Canadian dollars, so my price number may approach that in any case. I'll just hope that some of that price is all about the camo paint job and ROMEO and etc.

I paid C$1250 for my P227....but then I saw one in a showcase for just under a grand. Doh!

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
$1700 would require it to be built to a considerably higher standard than a normal SIG, IMO.

Now, if it was fitted as well as some of the West German ones I've handled, I could see a street price of $1300 or so.

STIs product quality has become quite good - and Les Baers aren't too far off that $1700 price.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post