SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tengoo:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
That looks oddly backwards to me. I lift index finger first. Doesn't every one?

I lift all four fingers, then tap down starting with the little finger and ending with the index.

Anyhoo...In Canada we're only allowed 10 round mags in pistols, so I'm okay with a single stack mag. If the concept takes off, I can see a double-stack version down the road. But will the concept take off? How many of these pistols are going to be produced, and how well will they sell? My fear is that half the run will get snapped up by enthusiasts [like people contributing to this thread] and the rest will sit on the shelves of dealer until they're sold off at a deep discount and Sig chalks up a hard lesson learned...that demand for 10mm pistols looks a mile wide, but is actually just an inch deep.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, of course.

When they go into steep discount, buy extras.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am limited to 10 round magazines, but that is not the only reason I am hoping for a single stack. Despite my XXL hand size, I just love the single stack P220 ergonomics. They just work for me, but I have not tried out the P227 yet, so I cannot state that the double stack does not work for me.

If it is a double stack, I hope Sig produces 10 round magazines with the initial release, as I could not bear the horror of knowing the pistol is available, but I cannot buy one because of NYistan's ignorant laws, which for the record I continue to fight daily.

So, any word on SHOT Show release???

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Owner/Operator of
Silencertalk.com
posted Hide Post
Just modify your own normal magazines to low capacity. 3D print an insert or something.

R&D for AAC
Sigs: 550, 551, 551, 551, 551, 552, P210-6, P210-6, P210-6, P210-5-90, P220, P225, P226, P226N, P228, P228, P229, P232, P232, P232, P232, P239, P245, AMT, SSG-3000,

Posts: 181 | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsilvers:
Just modify your own normal magazines to low capacity. 3D print an insert or something.

Interesting idea.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'd be awfully surprised if Sig produced a double-stack and failed to produce 10-round mags for it. They've gone to the trouble of doing that for every double-stack they've produced so far, haven't they? Well, I say trouble - a 10-rounder may be a natural flush fit for the 227.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Owner/Operator of
Silencertalk.com
posted Hide Post
If it naturally holds 10 rounds of 45 Auto, then I would expect 12 rounds of 10mm.

R&D for AAC
Sigs: 550, 551, 551, 551, 551, 552, P210-6, P210-6, P210-6, P210-5-90, P220, P225, P226, P226N, P228, P228, P229, P232, P232, P232, P232, P239, P245, AMT, SSG-3000,

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Let's stay with the P220 right now. If Sig is smart, the single stack will have 10 round with maybe a "smidge" of magazine under the grip like the CZ SP-01 does to get 19+1 of 9mm in it's magazine.

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Ok I heard a rumor that they "may" have a 10mm at the Sig Range Day just before SHOT. If so, I will be fighting to be first in line to shoot it. However, this info did come from a "sales" rep, which have a tendency to tell you what you want to hear.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I have not read the entire thread.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'd have to guess the fact that they are calling it a P220 is going to make it a single stack. Has there ever been a factory produced P220 in any caliber that has been anything other than a single stack?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nope. They had to go to the 221 just to test the concept.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It might be a little soon, but does anyone know if there's any talks of offering .40 S&W/.357 SIG barrels for this magnificence?

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I am hoping that by the time they are available to the public, I will be living back in the United States, and not in the Peoples Republic of California. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Owner/Operator of
Silencertalk.com
posted Hide Post
They should really do that thing to turn CA into six states.

R&D for AAC

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
The P220-10 is a single-stack.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Owner/Operator of
Silencertalk.com
posted Hide Post
How many rounds will it hold in the magazine? If it is 10, that is good enough.

R&D for AAC

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey,
I'd like to have a 10mm P220 as soon as anybody. I'd hate to wipe out my retirement if the prototype came up for sale. By the same token I realize that if they rush it into production it may not be what I am looking for. Anybody who bought an early Kimber 10mm (or Windows ME / Vista) can tell you how bad it can be if they rush anything to production. So here I patiently wait... knowing R+D is doing all they can... Waiting.. Wanting. Hmmm, Does anybody know where prototypes are going after the test versions and mass production models are made?
All kidding aside, I'm sure it is kinda early to ask, but is there any way to tell if the new 10mm frame can be swapped from DA/SA to SAO and back with the proper parts? Will it use the same mechanicals, grips, etc, as a traditional P220? Will I be able to get one without the rail?
I can hardly wait!

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsilvers:
How many rounds will it hold in the magazine? If it is 10, that is good enough.

My best guess is the magazine may hold eight rounds. The P220 in 9mm holds nine rounds. Perhaps if the spring is countersunk into the base pad it could also hold nine? Purely speculation on my part.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's got to be at least 9+1 since S&W was able to work that with the 10XX variants. The 45XX all held the same amount as the P220. I'm kinda hoping for a little bit more extended mag that would hit 10+1.

Not a complaint, just a minor wish.

Not quite dead yet?
Picture of TxMark
posted Hide Post
Doesn't really matter does it?

Gimme a 220 10mm period.

I just want what they come out with period?

Mark

half this nation is permanently sucking on the big free tit or just plain out of their liberal twisted minds.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Let's stay with the P220 right now. If Sig is smart, the single stack will have 10 round with maybe a "smidge" of magazine under the grip like the CZ SP-01 does to get 19+1 of 9mm in it's magazine.

I don't have certain knowledge of flush-fit mag capacity yet, but 8+1 is likely and 9+1 is probably reasonably possible.

I would ask our eagerly expectant friends here to consider the magazine timing issue, as we had to in our conversions. The 10mm round is long, and frankly doesn't exactly have an ideal transfer factor. If it were up to me, I would prioritize mag function over an extra round of capacity just as we did when creating specs for our magazines.

Remember, these pistols will be even more heavily sprung than ours, and slide closing speed will therefore be higher. It's thus absolutely crucial that the magazine holds enough spring to provide more than adequate tension to present and hold that relatively unwieldy cartridge before the breechface and get it up the breechface and tipped into the chamber in the reduced window of time available for this function.

If that means 8+1 proves optimal for reliability, I'm OK with it. If my very clever friends can cram 9 rounds in that giant PEZ dispenser of utter destruction without inducing feed-timing issues, so much the better, but I doubt it matters much to most prospective buyers.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post