SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any new information from Sig? Progress updates?

Please & thank you.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
Only thing I saw was this in the original announcement.

quote:
SIG Sauer has announced that a 10mm version of their venerable P220 will be released at the SHOT Show in January.

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Nothing too specific, but it's progressing well I believe. I'm eager to see the production prototypes!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Nothing too specific, but it's progressing well I believe. I'm eager to see the production prototypes!

-Bruce

Good to hear.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

-Bruce

Thank you.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Start looking for powder now.

Powders with possibilities are HS7, Blue Dot, AA7, Longshot, and 2400 for 180g to 200g bullets.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite dead yet?
Picture of TxMark
posted Hide Post
I wish I wish I wish...that someone would just take my money and assure me I am on the list for one of the first.

Then tell me when...

Mark

half this nation is permanently sucking on the big free tit or just plain out of their liberal twisted minds.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TxMark:
I wish I wish I wish...that someone would just take my money and assure me I am on the list for one of the first.

Then tell me when...

Mark

I understand how you feel and this is after Viltor failed to reintroduced the Bren Ten.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Sig would offer an Exchange Kit for the 10mm to take you to a 45 ACP?

I had an original Delta Elite in 10mm, that I ended up selling to get a Colt 45. I had asked several shops about a conversion and at the time (about 15 years ago) was told converting wasn't possible.

With Sig exchange kits available for many of the P series, a "set" sold as a 10 and 45 might make a good combo.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heat treat about a million mags a year for sig and can tell you there have been a lot of new 10mm mags coming through our furnaces over the last 2 months. Can't be long.

Posts: 7 | Location: Middletown,NJ | Registered: March 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah buddy! Big Grin

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding powder for 10mm;
The most effective heavy bullet (180 & 200 grain) powders I have found over many years of testing are AA-7 and VV 3n37.
The 10mm case is on the border line of being too small for the famous 200gn @ 1200fps load.
I dislike compressed pistol loads and do not go that way.

I would like to try CFE-Pistol but alas it seems to be vaporware at this time.
The powder shortage seems to be getting worse not better.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pgoins:
I heat treat about a million mags a year for sig and can tell you there have been a lot of new 10mm mags coming through our furnaces over the last 2 months. Can't be long.

Not to be nosy (well, OK, I'm being nosy) but have you happened to compare one of them to a standard Mec Gar for a 220 to see if there's any difference in front-to-back length? There have been a couple of hints that the 10mm frame may be something new and different, and curiosity is driving me up a tree.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you! That is good news.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any idea how many rounds they hold?

Posts: 4165 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any idea how many rounds they hold?

I believe it will be 9 rounds, as that is what usually happens when .45 pistols are converted to .40 or .357 Sig hold. Forty caliber being a "short and weak" 10mm.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Sweet. But since I already have a couple of P220 SSEs the big questions from me will be: can I do a conversion with my existing frames and, just as important, will SIG offer it as a kit?

Thanks. That's my question too. I have a nice one I would like to convert if it will be possible. The 10mm made perfect at last.

"When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave Them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: 'Stick to the Devil you know.' "

- Rudyard Kipling, The Gods of the Copybook Headings, 1919

Posts: 27 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If they're coming up with a new frame (and from Bruce Gray's comments, that seems to be the case), then does it really make sense to hold out for a conversion kit or are you being harder on your existing frame than you need to be?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF they're making a new frame then it might not. I don't read the comments that way but could be wrong...If they are generating a new frame would it BE a P220 or would there be a new model number? All questions worth asking.

"When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave Them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: 'Stick to the Devil you know.' "

- Rudyard Kipling, The Gods of the Copybook Headings, 1919

Posts: 27 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Not to be nosy (well, OK, I'm being nosy) but have you happened to compare one of them to a standard Mec Gar for a 220 to see if there's any difference in front-to-back length? There have been a couple of hints that the 10mm frame may be something new and different, and curiosity is driving me up a tree.

It's tough to compare model to model because of the way they code them. I can tell they are definately different than any of the other mags we treat. They are Stainless also.

Posts: 7 | Location: Middletown,NJ | Registered: March 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post