SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Or a 10mm 1911...

A 10mm 1911?

Sheer madness. It could never work. Big Grin

-Bruce

Hmmmmm. Ok.

You guys are killin' me.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Or a 10mm 1911...

A 10mm 1911?

-Bruce

Or, possibly, maybe, could it be, a Stainless P227 10mm?

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Or a 10mm 1911...

A 10mm 1911?

-Bruce

I feel a thrill running up my leg.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Joni Lynn
posted Hide Post
I've always liked the 220, having one in 10mm would be one of those guns I'd have to adopt post haste.

A woman can never have too many guns.

Posts: 201 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: May 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A question for all:

Am I the only one that each time I see that this thread has been bumped to the top.

I get a little rush thinking this may be the big release availability announcement and each time, so far, I feel just a little let down.

I know that one of these times it will be true!

I will continue to check everyday

I can't wait to see what the next announcement will be!!!

Posts: 206 | Location: CT. | Registered: March 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
You're the only one.

I'm pretty sure SIG is going top want to announce at SHOT

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sweet Jesus... I have had absolutely zero interest in anything Sig-Sauer for about two years now but I would throw money at the guy behind the gun counter with a running start for one of those.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
The only reason I would NOT purchase a Sig 10mm is the same reason I would not purchase anyone's 10mm - the price and availability of 10mm ammo. Now if that situation changes I would be 100% on board with a P220 in 10mm.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Avid shooters of 10mm are usually handloaders.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Sweet Jesus... I have had absolutely zero interest in anything Sig-Sauer for about two years now but I would throw money at the guy behind the gun counter with a running start for one of those.

That would probably be a hot item for a while and sell out fast. What a concept.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
IMO Sig could simplify things by making the P227 in 10mm/.45ACP/.40S&W/.357Sig/9mm & .22LR.

Well they've got the last 4 calibers covered with the 226 already, arguably their most iconic model. Why do away with that?

I agree though that a 10mm/45acp *interchangeable* 227, along the lines of how the EAA pistols are interchangeable would be pretty sweet.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by onequickwrench:
quote:

And if the pistol is available in 10mm it's likely we could see a .40 conversion barrel as well.

This has been my suggestion. I have no info yet on whether this will be done by the factory but it makes a lot of sense. 357 SIG would be easy as well.

-Bruce

I'm thrilled that Sig is paying attention, but I'm wondering why the decision to go with 10mm came before the cartridge that bears their name (357 Sig)?

Seems to me that Sig would want to increase the sales of 357Sig pistols before jumping into the somewhat defunct 10mm marketplace.QUOTE]

I also agree that a P220 in .357 SIG makes a lot of sense. I have a P220 at Gray Guns right now, being converted to .357 SIG.

If they build the pistol to handle 10mm, it will handle .40 and .357 Sig. Safe to say that they're not going to chamber the pistol in a cartridge more powerful than 10mm. Therefore, it's just a barrel/magazine/recoil spring swap to go to .357 or .40.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Any word on whether there may be a group buy or a special SF version?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.:
If they build the pistol to handle 10mm, it will handle .40 and .357 Sig. Safe to say that they're not going to chamber the pistol in a cartridge more powerful than 10mm. Therefore, it's just a barrel/magazine/recoil spring swap to go to .357 or .40.

We have had a few people post here that they have been wanting to be able to buy a 220 in .40 or 357SIG off the shelf - not everybody's hand is suited to the 226. I'd love to get a 357 on general principles, and it would be a lot of fun to shoot one for a while against one of Sig's .38 Supers just to see how they compare over time.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
No such thing is planned at this time.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
No such thing is planned at this time.

OK

Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
Honest to God, I dreamt last night if firing this 10mm p220 and loving it.

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I like my 10mm Tupperware, but I'd probably dump it if a double stack (15+1) SIG version comes out.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I like my 10mm Tupperware, but I'd probably dump it if a double stack (15+1) SIG version comes out.

That'd be a two-handerful for us mortals, wouldn't it?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .45ACP:
Honest to God, I dreamt last night if firing this 10mm p220 and loving it.

Smile

I'd love to have a 10mm Conversion barrel/kit for my P220 ST.

I hope it will hit the market here any time soon.

Posts: 717 | Location: South Germany | Registered: February 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post