SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Bruce, do you know at this time if the modifications they're making to the 220 will prevent 45 slides to be used on the 10mm frames? If I can swap uppers, I'll cheap out and buy a good alloy .45 and then splurge heavy on the Stainless 10mm and change uppers and mags when I'd like.

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Bruce, do you know at this time if the modifications they're making to the 220 will prevent 45 slides to be used on the 10mm frames? If I can swap uppers, I'll cheap out and buy a good alloy .45 and then splurge heavy on the Stainless 10mm and change uppers and mags when I'd like.

Hi, Dan. I can't speak to that directly and don't know for sure at this time, but the frames are definitely different.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Hi, Dan. I can't speak to that directly and don't know for sure at this time, but the frames are definitely different.

-Bruce

OK. I'm going to behave myself and all, but I'm now officially going nuts. I gotta see this thing!!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to see a prototype myself fairly soon. The P220-10mm is such an exciting project for all involved!

I vow to take an elk with mine.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
P220 Match Elite 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger

So we can probably say one of my new 10mm Sigs will look like this P220 Match Elite .45?

It looks like the P220 SAO 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, single action only trigger will be a new offering from Sig, meaning I don't see a .45 version of this. I guess I could assume it wouldn't have the beavertail, dark or natural stainless? Front Serrations I hope.

What I'd really like to see is the Stainless Elite in SAO.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
So we can probably say one of my new 10mm Sigs will look like this P220 Match Elite .45?

Aaaah, that's the question. It's bound to look like a Sig, but what did they do to the frame?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
if the modifications they're making to the 220 will prevent 45 slides to be used on the 10mm frames? If I can swap uppers, I'll cheap out and buy a good alloy .45 and then splurge heavy on the Stainless 10mm and change uppers and mags when I'd like.

I can tell you that S&W third generation 10mm and 45 frames, magazines, and slides will not interchange. For example a 45acp magazine will not fit into a 1006 and a 1006 magazine will not fit into a 45 frame.
Some people are said to have been able to jury rig an alloy framed third generation .40 S&W and allegedly are shooting 10mm in it. I think that if this is true, it will not be a long running thing.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm hoping to see a prototype myself fairly soon. The P220-10mm is such an exciting project for all involved!

-Bruce

I doubt you will be able to post a picture, but please do tell us when the first prototype does arrive.

What kind of priority is this product development getting at Sig?

The design, prototype, testing & commercialization of a new product is typically a long & expensive process. Do you really believe that Sig has line if sight to make this happen in less than a year?

This is worse than waiting for Christmas morning when I was six!

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
quote:

-Bruce

I doubt you will be able to post a picture, but please do tell us when the first prototype does arrive.

The design, prototype, testing & commercialization of a new product is typically a long & expensive process. Do you really believe that Sig has line if sight to make this happen in less than a year?

Me too. This would make up for Viltor not making the Bren Ten when they said they would. I'm saving up for one now.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite dead yet?
Picture of TxMark
posted Hide Post
Will someone just tell me how much and take my money already? Please.

I won't feel complete till I have an order placed.

Mark

half this nation is permanently sucking on the big free tit or just plain out of their liberal twisted minds.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Exactly!!!

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
quote:

-Bruce

This project is progressing apace, and I'm aware of other developments that are waiting in line while the P220-10 is brought into production. An engineering team has been on it hard for quite some time. No worries! It's happening.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
thanks much to Bruce, LDD, SIG, and the forums here for providing such updates and insights. it's great to see this and other projects come to fruition.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
thanks much to Bruce, LDD, SIG, and the forums here for providing such updates and insights. it's great to see this and other projects come to fruition.

On behalf of the aforementioned, thank you!

This is a great and very exciting time to be here with our friends at SIG. There is a lot of new and highly creative thinking going on.

As cool as SIG's P220-10mm will be, another project is being developed which will absolutely delight the growing cadres of devoted SIG shooters and cause owners of other pistols to reconsider their choices. That worn out old expression about something being a "game changer" is literally true in this case.

Yup, it's a great time to be here with our friends at SIG, and with y'all here on Sigforum.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
So, GGI is now SIG's Skunkworks?

Very cool.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
As cool as SIG's P220-10mm will be, another project is being developed which will absolutely delight the growing cadres of devoted SIG shooters and cause owners of other pistols to reconsider their choices. That worn out old expression about something being a "game changer" is literally true in this case.

Not sure how much more I can take! Or at least my pocketbook.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the "LIKE" button.

quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
So, GGI is now SIG's Skunkworks?

Very cool.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

On behalf of the aforementioned, thank you!

This is a great and very exciting time to be here with our friends at SIG. There is a lot of new and highly creative thinking going on.

Yup, it's a great time to be here with our friends at SIG, and with y'all here on Sigforum.

-Bruce

Looks like I'm going to have to start working some overtime.

Lot's of overtime.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

"This is a great and very exciting time to be here with our friends at SIG. There is a lot of new and highly creative thinking going on.

-Bruce"

Ok, Bruce, I appreciate you, your input on this board, the generosity you’ve shown to several SigForum members and the great work that you do...but, this last comment was just too much! Why must you inflict such emotional angst on us Sig fans with comments like "another project" and "game changer"? With the revelation of the 10MM P220 and now these comments, it is just unfair torture.

I think the only viable solution to ease the rise in blood pressure that you have caused is to go ahead and just spill the beans on the second project as well. Yep, that will help. Smile

Thanks in advance for your understanding and for the information you will share. Wink Ha!

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Things are going to happen.

Perhaps I should say that things shall continue to happen. Wink

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107489 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post