SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I have a few hundred rounds loaded up too, plus a few thousand shiny Star cases and 180-grain JHPs to go with 'em. My G20SF loves 'em, but I'd bet the 220 would too. It'll be interesting to see if the new 220 is the same size as the .45 version or ever-so-slightly smaller.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Either that or just a tad bigger to add strength and accomodate all ammunition loaded to cartridge overall lengths consistent with SAAMI specifications.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I'd be very interested as well. Hope Sigs can make the pistol durable for Silvertips type loads.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Love the Winchester Silver Tips! found some at the gun show last week and the guy sold them to me for 25.00 for a box of 20. I still have 500 rounds of ppu and I like them but there not Winchester silver tips!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MagnumMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I feel the same. A 10mm Super Match haunts my dreams.
Ditto, have the $ burning a hole in my pocket for it RIGHT NOW! Might have a few boxes of silver tips myself, LOL.

mike
------------------------------
NRA Life Member
& SIGaholic

Posts: 459 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats Excellent. Now can you get them to bring back the P245 or make a P239 in .45ACP? The 239 is perfect size for every day carry, But it would probably sell more in .45ACP than it does in .40S&W.

Posts: 26 | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I hope Sig can keep street price at around $1000.00 for these models. I have a 1076 which some would argue is the same, but I have always shot my Sigs better than large frame S&Ws'. As to a steel frame 227 10MM in the future it would be OK, but 8 or nine rounds compared to 10 or 11 rounds of 10MM just doesn't concern me.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumMike:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I feel the same. A 10mm Super Match haunts my dreams.
Ditto, have the $ burning a hole in my pocket for it RIGHT NOW! Might have a few boxes of silver tips myself, LOL.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rookie86
posted Hide Post
I'm all over this one, now can anyone call SIG with me and ask for a P220 in 38 super? SHOT show they announced 38 super in the 1911, so why not?

Posts: 13 | Registered: March 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rookie86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EJP711:
Thats Excellent. Now can you get them to bring back the P245 or make a P239 in .45ACP? The 239 is perfect size for every day carry, But it would probably sell more in .45ACP than it does in .40S&W.

I'm not a fan of the 40, especially in a small package. Actually a 380 in the p239 might be better than a 40, i think less recoil would make it deadly accurate at close range. I think the 45 ACP cartridge is longer, they'd have to redesign the frame.

Posts: 13 | Registered: March 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EJP711:

The P220 Compact SAS is, to all intents and purposes, the same as the P245.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rookie86:
I'm all over this one, now can anyone call SIG with me and ask for a P220 in 38 super? SHOT show they announced 38 super in the 1911, so why not?

P220 in 38 Super are available. I am so fortunate to have one.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Back in the day I had a P220 in .45ACP and loved it to bits. It was my go-to skittle gun.

Then they banned skittle shooting, and then centre-fire handguns, and then rimfire handguns, and then.........

I'd have one of these new pistols like a shot, if only I could. Strange as it sounds, in one quarter of the United Kingdom, I actually COULD have one, but sadly I don't live there.

tac

Truly, I'm sorry to hear that Sir.

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
Okay....I guess somebody has to be the first to ask...

Is there any indication of when these pistols will be released for sale? I'm not looking for a date to mark on my calendar, but... 2015? 1st, 2nd,3rd quarter? Anything?

The P227 was out for a year or so before I saw any in Canada, so I won't be holding my breath for this...but it would be nice to have some vague idea.

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi, Tengoo!

I can't speak for SIG on delivery dates for the first two models, but it won't be far into 2015.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marcuswendt
posted Hide Post
Why hasn't Sig mentioned this on their website yet?

Posts: 3770 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

I can't speak for SIG on delivery dates for the first two models, but it won't be far into 2015.

That's what I needed to know...thanks Bruce. I foresee an exciting birthday self-gift!

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Having owned several, to say the least, 10MM pistols and revolvers I will seriously consider a SIG 10MM. My concern would be, as with some other 10MM pistols, adequate slide mass. The P220 slides seem to have a lot of steel machined away. I hope they leave as much mass as possible in the 10MM slides, rather than try to make up for perhaps marginal slide mass for the caliber with heavy recoil springs, buffers,etc. I would hope the factory SIG 10MMs would handle the equivalent of the old original NORMA 200 grain ammo without concern. I know SIG could do it just do as Colt did with the Delta Elite, by leaving the slide as light as on the standard calibers and using dual recoil springs with buffer type recoil spring guide,etc. Hope Not! If they do it right, I'm in!

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in NoCal, will I be SOL?

Posts: 43 | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gsparesa:
I live in NoCal, will I be SOL?

You already are buddy. Sorry.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post