SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of TightLines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Solitar:
Hopefully SIG-Sauer designs the 10mm so that it can safely handle the most powerful available 10mm ammo.

It should not be subject to the following warning which Underwood uses for its most powerful 10mm ammo.

"Cannot be used in Colt Delta Elite or any other firearms with rampless barrel due to complete lack of case support."

This. A fully supported barrel will be a requirement for a lot of people. Just look at all of the aftermarket barrels used in the Glock 10's. Not a big deal for the devoted 10mm shooter since Glock offerings are relatively inexpensive to begin with. The lack of a fully supported barrel on the Colt Delta Elite on a $1k+ gun on the other hand is a tough pill to swallow.

Posts: 102 | Location: United States | Registered: August 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Wow! Amazing! I just might be able to afford one now!

Thanks for all the hard work that Bruce took and the forum members made into a reality!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully SIG-Sauer designs the 10mm so that it can safely handle the most powerful available 10mm ammo.

It should not be subject to the following warning which Underwood uses for its most powerful 10mm ammo.

"Cannot be used in Colt Delta Elite or any other firearms with rampless barrel due to complete lack of case support."

Underwood's warning is not unreasonable. However, some of the loads we've tested from unnamed "boutique" makers have been pretty sketchy. (We have NOT tested Underwood. Please make no direct inference.)

In the drive to find a niche and differentiate themselves in a crowded and low-profit sector, claiming fantastic velocities is invariably the go-to strategy.

The small outfits have the realities of poor economics of scale and limited QA / R&D resources stacked against them. I hope no one fires ammo that exceeds SAAMI specifications.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have never owned a 10mm. Never even fired one. I have thought about buying a G20 to carry in the woods in Maine. But that's all.

Even so I see the profound importance this devolopment heralds. A Sig factory 10mm pistol. I have followed the GreyGuns 10mm saga out of curiosity. I like good engineering and a 'can do' attitude. Seeing the secret volcano base's pistols get into the hands of shooters, and actually work, was pleasing to me.

I wish Sig the very best in this endevor. I am sure it was not taken lightly.

I have been on Sigforum since 2003. I can't count the times I have seen posts, mostly jokingly, wish for a factory Sig 10mm. Well Gents, here it is.

Wonderful times ahead Gentleman, wonderful times indeed.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! Eek

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I have been on Sigforum since 2003. I can't count the times I have seen posts, mostly jokingly, wish for a factory Sig 10mm. Well Gents, here it is.

Those were not jokes.

The 10mm is the Boom of Doom.

The 10mm can devastate entire armies, bring down space stations and tear Superman a new ass hole.

Kittens tremble in fear.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Seems like we've witnessed a major turn for SIG. Gone is the time when SIG was coming out with models we'd look at with boredom - I know I've been buying, and now I want even more. A new 227, followed by a new X5, and new P220 Match made it into my bag. P220/10 Match and SAO are now on the list - along with the MPX.

Thank you much to SIGForum to Para, to Bruce! Good things come to those who wait (considering I don't do more than just enjoy the forum - its a pretty great deal).

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deacon Blues
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

P224 9mm
P226 .40/9mm
P229 9mm SAS Gen 2
P232 SS .380
P239 .40/.357
P239 9mm SAS Gen2
P320Carry 9mm
P320SC9mm
P290RS 9mm
Glock 30S .45
Walther PPS 9mm

Posts: 40 | Location: No. VA | Registered: October 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It looks like the Glock 20SF may have a legit challenger to the title of being my favorite pistol.

I'm getting one in SAO.

First the MPX and now this! And I thought I was finished with my Sig collection. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
220 in 10mm with a 5" barrel would make a very nice woods gun.

Heck, put it in a dirty harry holster, put on your tweed, and call it done !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I have looked forward to the day when such an announcement would be made, having to wait for an unknown amount of time for the gun to be available for purchase is nothing less than torture.

I will be buying one as soon as I can.

Thank you to everyone who has made this happen.

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
I'm so happy right now. Big Grin Cool

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's remarkable, if you consider that it has been 30 years or more since SIG-Sauer offered the P220 in a new caliber.

BTW, SIG-Sauer is developing 10mm ammunition for their new blasters.

I hope it's the wrist-twister stuff. I lubs me some recoil!

Damn straight. I don't want a 40 on steroids, I want a 10mm, so I can tear superman a new one (aka Para-phrase)

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
quote:

And I hope that the frame will be tough enough to handle the 10mm with a relatively long service life. I really hope they get it right on the first try. I want the 10mm to become more mainstream, to bring down the price of practice ammo.

An X5 in 10mm with ported barrel would be really cool, too. So please add that to the list, Bruce. Big Grin

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DamageInc:
quote:

And I hope that the frame will be tough enough to handle the 10mm with a relatively long service life. I really hope they get it right on the first try. I want the 10mm to become more mainstream, to bring down the price of practice ammo.

An X5 in 10mm with ported barrel would be really cool, too. So please add that to the list, Bruce. Big Grin

Though my Grayguns Crew and I are deeply honoured by the opportunity to weigh with our experience on this fantastic project, I don't wish to oversell my influence here. I will certainly offer my advice, assessments and suggestions, but these folks know what they are about and they will get it right!

As interesting...variants come down the line, I shall continue providing what I pray will be useful input. Wink

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jackal1966
posted Hide Post
I just hope it is reasonably priced. I know until they are out a while and the new wears off, it will be impossible to get one. If they are $1300 msrp, there will be hoarders that will order 10, and ask $2k for a hard to get 1st edition low number.

Plain jane and make a lot of them would be good for me. Of course with anything new, there will be a few minor quirks, and maybe a recall.< I hope not.

Then, there will be some reloaders that will think the factory loads aren't powerful enough, and blow one up.

Let's hope it goes great, good prices, normal, slow start availability, and the greatest 10mm ever produced.

Jackal

Posts: 203 | Location: Northwest Ark | Registered: December 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boilergonzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I appreciate the enthusiasm of those members requesting a group buy, but we are getting way ahead of the curve with that stuff right now. Once we get a bit further down the road, we'll have a better idea if such a thing is possible for the forum.

First, this is awesome news! It is nice to see the interaction between the company and its customers (and those who create a nice home for those voices in the form of both this forum and custom services!). This is beyond the expected. I am impressed!

Second, I respect the fact that requests for specific details and group buys may be a bit premature, but I believe the response of this thread indicates (when the time comes!) that there is a LOT of enthusiasm and support for ideas like that for this firearm!

Whether via a purchase from my local gun store or a potential(?) group buy, SIG can count me in for one! SOLD!

This is fun! Thanks! Happy forum thread!!!!!

Posts: 503 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any thought that this could be the possible military replacement for the 9mm, with better knock down power.

-------------------------
"We all dream of a world of sunshine, peace and happiness. The problem is, half of us think its a great place to live, the other half think its a great place to plunder."

SIG516, P226 Elite, Walther PPQ M2, Kahr CM9, S&W686, Benelli H2O Nickel, Benelli M2

Posts: 299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll definitely get a 220 in 10mm when they come out.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zonajoe:
Any thought that this could be the possible military replacement for the 9mm, with better knock down power.

Why, yes. IN fact, The Imperial Jovian Navy is buying them. Bucks gravity and dense atmosphere better and all that.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.