SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I basically was told that if I wanted ammo, I should just secure a job with the USSS. Big Grin

There is, of course, another way: I am absolutely certain that SIG SAUER would 100% support your department converting entirely to .357 SIG.

Easy, peasy, you wouldn't even have to switch jobs.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Your post has doubtlessly already been read and interpreted by the executives who are responsible for deciding to do this, doing it, and promoting it.

The decision to make this pistol was made by a team that also has direct responsibility for design & production engineering and marketing & promotion.

And they are paying very close attention as LDD most correctly says. No disconnect. At all.

-Bruce

In that case, I can only say Well Done Sig! Also a big thank you to LDD, Para, and our fine members for making this forum a place for civil discourse that a large corporation can actually listen to and get worthwhile customer feedback.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Time to start putting away some 10mm boolits.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, and consider buying stock in Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, and Underwood.

I thought that I had every pistol that I really wanted; now this, I guess I had better consider parting with the Kimber Target II.

200 grain JHP@1250fps, that’s the ticket!

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

That or start saving for the reloading gear, yeah.

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I owned a delta elite for 23 years. it was my only center fire handgun during those years.. It was ok not perfect. I lived with it's issues never thought much about clearing stove pipes or feed jams back then That's how it ran I didn't do anything but clear and move on... When it rarely happened... Just My Opinion. The Glock 20 I experienced was more reliable and a better fit for the 10mm.. I know there have been a few others chambered.

That said..
I'm a longtime fan of the 10mm... I missed the SW 610s ... Other than the option of a 610... I've just never been a total fan of the pistols chambered in it...

I do believe that the 220 has a great chance at being the best standard production hammer fired Auto Pistol to take full advantage of this cartridges power, in a platform that is proven!

Bravo SIG.... and to Bruce and Co. for leading the way for SIG... and Sig for honoring Para and Sigforum....

A single stack 10mm in a proven platform about damn time... Even though I'm in CA i'll find a way to get one no doubt... Wink

Guess I will have use once again for the 3,000 +/- nickel/brass 10mm cases I've reloaded and saved all these years... Smile

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
about time sig came out with a 10mm , it's on my must have list unless the fortis bren ten comes out.

Posts: 151 | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm IN for one.

Hope we see a news release in a few months and pre production or better yet, PRODUCTION samples by SHOT Show in January.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, it's only natural to assume that, eventually, a double stack 10 mm SIG would follow. Eek
What, then, would it be named? The P222? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, it's only natural to assume that, eventually, a double stack 10 mm SIG would follow. Eek

Nicknamed the Pew Pew Pew, perhaps? Smile

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
This just made my day. Yes, I will start saving my pennies, and I do want one badly.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Danman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Droollllll

NRA Certified Instructor

Posts: 970 | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
^^P227 (10mm) Elite Tactical or Elite Tac Ops. 12-16 rounds. Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I am going to start saving up for a Sig 10mm. I have a G20 and quite a bit of ammo already. I have had the Smith 1006 and Colt Delta Elite. I really want another 1911 10mm so perhaps Sig will make one of those someday too.

Posts: 3220 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badkarma56:

Ya' know ... I'd just love to own a P226 SL with a Black Ilaflon finish. It would be marvelous if SIG Sauer-USA imported a batch of these from Germany for stateside sales. Cool

Good times, man. Wink

-BK

I'm in for one, in Natural Stainless (9mm). Oh yeah!

Might as well add the 239 and 225 to the 'Stainless ST' list... Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I wonder to what extent Gray Guns success with the 10mm P220 and the enthusiasm of this forum for that project essentially made this happen. I expect a great, great deal!

It's awesome to hear Bruce, someone who's judgement we all trust, that SIG has been and is becoming such and awesome company.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
I wonder to what extent Gray Guns had something to do with this.

Earlier in the thread, he mentioned that he'd been "in communication" or something with the team that's working on it, but didn't specifically elaborate on anything. I think. I was tired when I read his post and I can't remember what page it was on.

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
quote:

Yes, and consider buying stock in Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, and Underwood.

I thought that I had every pistol that I really wanted; now this, I guess I had better consider parting with the Kimber Target II.

200 grain JHP@1250fps, that’s the ticket!
I LOVE Underwood 10mm Ammo!

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs more cowbell!
Picture of code33
posted Hide Post
Awesome. This is gonna be good. Real good. Bravo to Sig, Sigforum, Para, and Bruce! I just found my camping/woods gun.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Oakland, California | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MagnumMike
posted Hide Post
In case I haven't mentioned it, I'm like COMPLETELY STOKED! Wink

mike
------------------------------
NRA Life Member
& SIGaholic

Posts: 459 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post