SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tundrav84wd:
That SAO 5 inch barrel one sure sounds sweet. I sure hope this isn't years away. I've been patiently waiting for the 1911 in 357 Sig to be released, which has been advertised for some time now. One day... Cool

Ours took years. The SIG 220-10 will take some months. No worries. Things are happening...

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Oh wow.

Cool and very unexpected.

And the SAO long slide sounds fantastic.

Now, if they'll make an MPX in 10mm I will love them forever...

Jeff, I TOLD you so!

Big Grin

-Bruce

Wink

what better way to both cement the MPX as the firearm that rightfully made us all forget the MP5, and support the 10mm cartridge moving forward in conjunction with the new P220...

more Winning! than one can shake a stick at.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
You can always call SIG's Customer Service.

I plan on doing that. And that feed back (allong with many other's feedback) would go to marketing and customer service departments to be masticated and ruminated upon, till the result that comes out in the end will likely be something like, "These gun nuts certainly do like their guns."

I was really thinking of something more personal, directly for the engineers and the team that accomplished this great achievement.

Your post has doubtlessly already been read and interpreted by the executives who are responsible for deciding to do this, doing it, and promoting it.

Frankly my friend, your assumption about how SIG Sauer functions isn't squared up with their reality.

The decision to make this pistol was made by a team that also has direct responsibility for design & production engineering and marketing & promotion.

And they are paying very close attention as LDD most correctly says. No disconnect. At all.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
I don't even reload, nor have any 10mm in my stock at the moment, but if there were to be a SigForum group buy (similar to what the boys at HKPro do for certain pistols), I'd be pretty much guaranteed to hit the old credit card for one of these. Hell, I'm gonna start making room on the card NOW.

I had previously been considering an EAA Witness in 10mm as my first foray, but a 10mm 220 would be way too good to pass up. Hardest part would be choosing between longslide DA/SA and SAO.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The decision to make this pistol was made by a team that also has direct responsibility for design & production engineering and marketing & promotion.

And they are paying very close attention as LDD most correctly says. No disconnect. At all.
Yes, I can tell you without any doubt, the forum is being read daily by people at SIG-Sauer. Yesterday, I had a conversation with someone very high up the chain at SIG-Sauer, and he said "I read the forum every day", and even alluded to specific threads here.
If you have an idea or desire you want them to hear about, just post it here.

We are entering into an era in which SIG-Sauer is acknowledging the value of what has become known as New Media, and the members of this forum have the ear of SIG-Sauer.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JW1069
posted Hide Post
Congrats to everyone on the board and at SIG who has had a hand in making this happen. Cool I'm really impressed with the direction the company has taken lately. I'm not sure what happened after the ATF pistol vetting fiasco, but clearly SIG made a concerted effort from that point on to listen to all of the customer feedback and engage SIG enthusiasts in crafting a solution.

SIG's 320, and the 320c in particular, have really made me want to expand the SIG collection again. I'll have to give my local guy a heads-up so he can snag a P220/10 for me. If I'm going to be limited to 10 rd mags, then by God they may as well hold the best dee-uh-killing boolits a man can buy! Big Grin

JW

Posts: 7648 | Location:  | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JW1069:
I'm really impressed with the direction the company has taken lately.
As am I. My sincere thanks to Ron Cohen for opening the door for us, and to the top-notch people under his command who are making all these marvelous things a reality.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yes, I can tell you without any doubt, the forum is being read daily by people at SIG-Sauer. Yesterday, I had a conversation with someone very high up the chain at SIG-Sauer, and he said "I read the forum every day", and even alluded to specific threads here.

We are entering into an era in which SIG-Sauer is acknowledging the value of what has become known as New Media, and the members of this forum have the ear of SIG-Sauer.

Ya' know ... I'd just love to own a P226 SL with a Black Ilaflon finish. It would be marvelous if SIG Sauer-USA imported a batch of these from Germany for stateside sales. Cool

Good times, man. Wink

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^
This.

The go ahead is based on the business case behind it. While inspiration may be taken from suggestions made on the board, if the numbers don't support it, it's just not going to happen.

I'd like to see the 220 in 9mm again, but, I doubt the numbers would support it...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My God, the fabled 220 10mm is becoming a reality. Wow, great news.

To those of us in CA, you WILL have to get creative to get a hold of one.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
very cool, never even shot a 10mm but ill try it now if Sig is doing it.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Swiss 550 imports?

Sigforum edition #1-500, P220 in 10mm, with custom member name engraving?

I'd consider putting that behind glass.

Big Grin

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Wow. One more thing to save money up for. Retirement? Pffft.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well if SIG would make a P320 type of pistol, that is single stack and has a slide width less than 1", many persons would purchase such a pistol.

And while they are at it, if the P220 was available in 9mm, it would be a great hit. The 9mm would be used for most of the training, and the 10mm for some practice plus HD/SD.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
My God, the fabled 220 10mm is becoming a reality. Wow, great news.

To those of us in CA, you WILL have to get creative to get a hold of one.

Most likely the CA firearms roster will be defeated in court, but that is probably 1-2 years away.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para, for making this announcement on my birfday Big Grin

What a wonderful present ! ! ! Cool

Did not see the start of this thread, until getting home last evening and reading it on the phone...

Could not believe how many pages it went so quickly Eek

Still very much a newbie, but I joined at the suggestion of JoeSig, after being introduced to the P239 by him at the CPL class he was helping with and was absolutely smitten with it. Had to have one - that was the one and the P239 chose me. Todd at Customized Creationz found me a beautiful Gen 1 SAS (9mm, DAK) and I could not have been happier. It carries like a dream and shoots just as well.
Well, the bug bit and next was a M11-A1 and I really like it. GGI is taking care of some things to make it fit me better and it will be carried, too Wink

Have been hoping for a MPX and am still being patient as it seems worth the wait, but reading this announcement has got me also very excited and so another Sig has been added to the “present-to-me” list Big Grin
Well, was focusing on only one caliber, but this is just too good to pass up.
Hope the kittens can forgive us Wink

Thank you, Para, LDD, Mr. Gray, Mr. Cohen and all of the folks at Sig Sauer for all that you are doing. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks also to all of the great folks on this forum. There are a whole lot of really great people here and it is a privilege to be a member Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ersatzknarf,

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I'm in for that.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Just....thank you.

Jordan

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jackal1966
posted Hide Post
I gotta have one.

If it take 2 years to get it into out hands that will be ok.

You can start saving now $2 a day and you will have $1460 when they come out.

You wont notice the money and it will seem like a free pistol.

I'm sure the first batch will be up there in price, too.

Jackal

Posts: 203 | Location: Northwest Ark | Registered: December 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Long may the relationship thrive, and may SIG flourish with it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post