SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hogue Beavertail 365XL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogue Beavertail 365XL Login/Join 
posted
Just received the new Hogue Beavertail grip sleeve for my P365XL. Although the sleeve fills in the back strap and thickens the grip, the unnecessary finger groove hump provides too little space below the trigger guard. Why does Hogue insist on molding unnecessary finger grooves into their tiny grip sleeves? I can't recommend this accessory. Disappointing.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine with thick fingers also complains about how tight the finger grip makes the fit against the trigger guard. I, personally, love the finger grip on these grips. Maybe Hogue might make the finger grip optional on future production or they can be sanded down by people that don't like them.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The HOGUE Beavertail sleeve works for me on my standard P365, but the Beavertail sleeve on my P320 does not work for me. It added to much circumference girth for my average size hands.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like the feel of the Hogue grip on my P365, but am considering removing it from my pistol. The added thickness of the finger grooves on the front strap makes the P365 tough to draw from several of my holsters, since there's now not quite enough room for my big monkey fingers to smoothly slide between the top of the holster and the thicker grip area.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's my problem, too. In a rush, I'm unlikely to draw this weapon smoothly since there's no room for my middle finger below the trigger guard. Sig manufactures the P365XL without finger grooves. Hogue did not need to spoil the design.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand, obviously, why Hogue or any manufacturer would put the finger humps on the grip. I owned a Gen 3 Model 19 for about half an hour before I traded for a Gen 2, many years ago.

I have never, as far as I can recall, ever had another gun or grips with these humps and don't plan to do so n the future.

I still recall when shooters cut bicycle tubes to make the grips for the Glock and they worked find. Then someone thought they'd maybe work better with the finder grooves? Crazy!

If I have a handgun for self defense, I want to be able to grab it and not find my fingers "off" because of the humps.

I realize there are shooter who like the humps, but I really, really don't.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
On the handall jr. grips I purchased for my 365, I took a file and removed the hump. It takes a little time and elbow grease, but it made them better for me.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will try filing the hump away. Otherwise, the new Hogue release will find its way into my treasury of other useless products.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Making a very small gun larger and larger... Soon it'll be G19 proportions! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post