SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So what’s your oldest USED piece of tactical Tupperware?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what’s your oldest USED piece of tactical Tupperware? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I was cleaning guns and realized that my oldest polymer firearm in use is a Walther P99 that is about 16 years in. I have some ARs that are a bit older.

So what is your oldest plast....errr high tech polymer handgun in use?

Almost all my “working” guns are polymer these days as much as I love all metal and wood.

Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
I just replaced my 1989 gen 2 Glock 19 as my edc. It was replaced with a 2000 gen 3 19 (just got a compact light from Olight).

It was a police trade-in I got a couple years ago. I put about 3,000 rounds a year through it.

Posts: 259 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have a 1989 Glock 19 Gen 2 that sees quite a bit of carry and range time.

28 years, ??? thousand rounds, at least three recoil springs, three sets of night sights, a couple extractors, two refinishings (the slide's currently at CCR for its latest)... and still going strong.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
1986 Glock 17 Gen 1 with Austrian proofs, a ton of external wear, and was absolutely packed with decades of lint, dust, and fouling when I got it with the two original u-notch NFML mags it likely shipped with and was issued with. I bought it used and was told it was a police trade-in, no idea where from. Has all the original black lacquered internals, non-captive guide rod and recoil spring and had the original target overhang sights in the aftermarket case.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Gen2 G19 and my Gen2 G22, which also spends time masquerading as a pistol caliber carbine with its Mechtech upper. How tactical is that, eh?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Another 1986 here. Gen 1 G17 police trade in. A friend sold it to me after using it as a class loaner, for years. All the internals were original and the striker spring was so caked with green cheese-like corrosion that I couldn't see any spaces between the coils! It never failed to go bang.
I sent it in to Glock and they updated everything and replaced the dead night sights. Great gun.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a little later then some of you getting a Glock. My first was a G 26 when they first came out, so what's that about 1994-95? I got my G 27 probably around 1996 w/o digging the paperwork out. I really like Glock's. It's funny people either love them or hate them.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Mine would be my Gen2 Glock 19 that I believe is from 1994. Came with the NY spring installed.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My Gen 2 G22, purchased in 1993.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 - born in April of 2004.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
1986. Smooth G17 with Austrian proof marks and non drop-free magazines.

7mm

Port Orchard, WA

Posts: 170 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Gen 2 G-17 built in April 1990 with a 2 letter prefix, MV5xxUS. Still in excellent shape, accurate and looks good. It was my carry weapon alternating with a 1990 Sig 226.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I bought a G17 new in 1986 when they 1st hit the market in the US at the gun shows the weight and the price +17 rounds did it. I paid $310 for it new and still have it still works fine. HK had a tupperware gun in the 1970s but they were few and far between that many people out side of gun shows never seen one. What was funny is that when I took it to the range a week later know one had seen a G17. The head twisting, some not so kind comments. Plastic, explode comments were used a bunch.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
I bought a G17 new in 1986 when they 1st hit the market in the US at the gun shows the weight and the price +17 rounds did it. I paid $310 for it new and still have it still works fine. HK had a tupperware gun in the 1970s but they were few and far between that many people out side of gun shows never seen one. What was funny is that when I took it to the range a week later know one had seen a G17. The head twisting, some not so kind comments. Plastic, explode comments were used a bunch.

HK was the VP70Z,
had a few new thru the shop way back when,

my 17 was my fathers, no idea where he picked it up, I think it is 88 vintage, Austrian proofs etc etc,
new sights a couple years ago, overall good shape, I use it as one of my house guns

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Gen2 G19 and my Gen2 G22, which also spends time masquerading as a pistol caliber carbine with its Mechtech upper. How tactical is that, eh?

Same here. Mine is a Gen2 model 17 on a Gen1 MechTech. I have a Salient trigger and can shoot .357Sig all day long (at least until I run out of ammo Frown ).

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Soaring Hawk
posted Hide Post
My oldest polymer pistol is a Walther P99 (1998). The pistol has had thousands and thousands of rounds through it.

Posts: 1180 | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 from mid 90s. Has many many thousands of rounds (I would guess around 12 to 14k) through it, mostly +P GDHPs, only has had an occasional cleaning, zero parts replaced, and still going strong.

Original springs and mags. It was my EDC but I have a gen 4 now that fills that role. The front sight is a bit chewed and it has holster wear, but still looks pretty good and still shoots fantastic.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The oldest pistol I own that makes use of polymers would go back to the mid 1970s

A 45ACP HK P9S that I purchased used around the turn of the Century

The first pistol I ever purchased that makes use of polymers would go back to 1995.

The two on the top are a 45ACP and a 9MM Parrabellum both with serial numbers in the 6xx range. Both acquired new in 1995

I really fell in love with the USP chambered in 45ACP and have added several others over the years

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
Mine would be my 1st Gen G-17, bought new in April 1986. Still shoot it regularly and carry it from time to time.

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I've got a Glock 22 .40 S&W from the first year of production - 1990.
It still looks like new, as it hasn't been shot all that much.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post