SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Correct sight heights for a P6 and center mass hold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Correct sight heights for a P6 and center mass hold Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
AKA "Sight Picture #2". Are there any recommendations on what heights would be used? I'd like to move away from the combat/dead-on sight picture that the gun is currently set up with.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot it using the sight picture you would like to use, see where they hit, and then figure it out.

Or post the distance you shot at and how much you need to raise the point of impact, and someone here will figure it out for you.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the 8-6 combination, POA is POI?

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post

Image #2 is what I'm after; just like how my KE P228 is set up for, and all of my Glocks. Several years ago I put a set of Tru-Glo TFO sights on my P6 and ended up with the 'combat' sight picture. Being cheap after just spending a C-note on those I kept the things on the gun but now I'm ready for a change.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You kinda need to know where you are at before you can get where you want to go!

What sight numbers are or heights on it now?

How low is it hitting using #2?

What distance are you shooting at?

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
What kind of ammo?

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4579 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post