SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    GF has claimed P239. Time for a P225-A1 ? ? ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GF has claimed P239. Time for a P225-A1 ? ? ? Login/Join 
posted
So my GF has decided she likes my P239 better than her S&W Shield.
And the P239 is now her EDC.

Which means the M11A1 is now my EDC.
And it is a fabulous gun that I love carrying and shooting.

But more and more often I find myself yearning for a single-stack carry gun.

What says the Forum? Time for a P225-A1?

If so, what's a good price?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance you can find another 239?

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. Would be perfectly happy with another 239.
Except SIG has discontinued it and magazines seem scarce.
I know those aren't really good reasons to NOT buy another 239.

But I held a new 225a1 at the LGS . . . And it just feels REALLY good!

posted Hide Post
I have a p228, p225, and p225a1. I think the p228 carries as easy as the 225s, but with 16 rounds.

However, i do think it is time for a p225a1, because it is one of the sweetest shooting guns out there!

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Why dont you return the favor and appropriate your girlfriends Shield? It’s a single stack..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Why dont you return the favor and appropriate your girlfriends Shield? It’s a single stack..

The Shield is a very good carry gun, shoots well for its size, accessories are pretty inexpensive, nice size for the capacity, etc.
She may not like it because they require a little more strength to rack the slide but there's not much else to not like.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I can't say enough good things about my P225 A-1, even though it is only 8+1, the gun just feels fantastic, and is totally accurate, it has the Xray night sights and short reset trigger, it;s easy to carry all day, in a belt holster or in a Clinger Stringray kydex IWB no cant holster, which wear appendix position or cross draw, and for me I can wear it all day in comfort, my gun came sighted in and dead on, I put it right up there with my Legions...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
Oh yeah. Would be perfectly happy with another 239.
Except SIG has discontinued it and magazines seem scarce.
I know those aren't really good reasons to NOT buy another 239.

But I held a new 225a1 at the LGS . . . And it just feels REALLY good!

I think the 239 parts and mags are going to become available again after the whole "they are discontinuing them" craze dies down. They may even reintroduce them. Kind of like the 225.

Back to your question:
Buds has 225s for between 739-900 depending on options.

Topgun has them for 879 with night sights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
P239 in 357 Sig. Buy with confidence.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eeeeewwwww ! ! ! Eek

You mean carry something that's NOT a SIG ? ? ?

EEEEWWWWW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Eek Eek Eek

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Smile
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
quote:

Eeeeewwwww ! ! ! Eek

You mean carry something that's NOT a SIG ? ? ?

EEEEWWWWW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Eek Eek Eek

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
I would say yes, get one. It is amazing how it feels right in the hand. One of the most accurate Sigs I own! I would have to say that the ergonomics of the pistol has a lot to do with that.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also, my son is teaching his wife to shoot and trying to find a gun she is comfortable with.
Will probably let her try the Shield to see if that works for her.

quote:
Originally posted by jwk226:
I would say yes, get one. It is amazing how it feels right in the hand.

That's what I noticed about the one I saw at the LGS.
But I'm trying to be financially responsible here . . . and you're not helping!

posted Hide Post
I vote get another 239. Held a new version 225 the other day that felt great though. Good luck.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a P225A1 and have to say that I don't regret it for a second. $700 for a "mini Legion" and mine is a laser.

Using the P239 threaded barrel it makes a sweet suppressor host and is super easy to carry.

Easily the best Sig I have ever owned and the one I'll never part with...

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would say yes, get one. It is amazing how it feels right in the hand. One of the most accurate Sigs I own! I would have to say that the ergonomics of the pistol has a lot to do with that.

Does it differ in feel from the P6?

Posts: 48 | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul7:
quote:

Does it differ in feel from the P6?

To me, they feel very similar, with my average to large sized hands. Personally, I would rate the newer 225-A1 slightly higher (but not by much), in the balance dept, to the P6/225.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, the new P225 A1 is a P239! Why else would it fit like a glove in my P239 holsters! Both leather and kydex. It also shoots as great as the P239. Rest easy my friend and don’t fight the girlfriend or she will trade you for the P225A1.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also in the market for a P225 for carry and range use. Just deciding on which setup: wood grips, all black, or two-tone.

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested in a 225/P6, the Gun Library at Cabelas in Buda, TX has an good looking P6 with blue box and 2-magazines for $499. I would really appreciate it if someone purchased it before I call back and ask them if they can lower the price, since I already have one.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post